Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2018 - Member's Pokemon ~ Official Judging Up!

Anime Psyclone

Guiding Light. Will Unchanged.
Now for my card!
DragonFang101’s Druddigon EX / Basic/ HP:120 /Dragon
[C][C]Dragon Fang: 50
Discard the card on the top of your deck.
[C][C][C][C] Dragon Rush: 50+
You can discard an energy card attached to this Pokemon. If so, this attack does 50 more damage.
Weakness: Dragon+10
Resistance: Grass -20
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Inspiration:
I wanted to make an EX card and since Druddigon was introduced in BW where EX cards were, I decided to use this Pokemon for it. also the random dragon type I generated was druddigon

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Oh, I feel I always get the most gimmicky months to judge :p
Anyways, don't you rush making a Luispipe8's Gallade, it won't get you any bonus points. :v
But I'm eager to see everyone's entries, so best of luck to all of you!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Am I correct to assume that one must use the member's PokéBeach username (rather than their username from another site or real name, if known)?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Do we have to portray the members as Pokémon or can we do trainers/energy? :knife:
The cards should still be of Pokemon, yeah.

Am I correct to assume that one must use the member's PokéBeach username (rather than their username from another site or real name, if known)?
You can use a different username / real name, but make sure you clarify that when you post an entry. (If you use their real name, make sure you also get their permission first!)

P.S. (When will March results be up?)
Patience, young padawan! March only just finished. We're currently expecting them to be done mid-April.

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
Now for my card!
DragonFang101’s Druddigon EX / Basic/ HP:120 /Dragon
[C][C]Dragon Fang: 50
Discard the card on the top of your deck.
[C][C][C][C] Dragon Rush: 50+
You can discard an energy card attached to this Pokemon. If so, this attack does 50 more damage.
Weakness: Dragon+10
Resistance: Grass -20
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Inspiration:
I wanted to make an EX card and since Druddigon was introduced in BW where EX cards were, I decided to use this Pokemon for it. also the random dragon type I generated was druddigon
Wait you can just put it in after you have entered?

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
@The Last Shaymin's Shaymin –[G] – HP70
Basic

Ability: Innocent Curiosity
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench during your turn, you may switch it with your active Pokémon. If you do, during this turn this Pokémon's attacks do 40 less damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[G] Grass Knot

This attack does 40 damage for each [C] in your opponent's Active Pokémon's Retreat Cost

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat:

This rare species is only found in the Pokebeach region. It loves cats and Splatoon, and getting like from the region's mysterious Professor_jplap,as well as making lots of profile posts.

Last edited:

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
And my card is:

Anime Psyclone’s Flygon – [D] – HP 150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Vibrava

Ability: Levitate
Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by your opponents [F] Pokemon.

[F][F] Dragon Tail 100
During your next turn this Pokemon’s Dragon Tail attack does 20 less damage

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]
By flapping their wings, Flygon cause sandstorms that conceal Krookodile. The team then splits the prey they catch.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Lorde's Alolan Ninetales-GX - Water - HP220
Stage One - Evolves from Lorde's Alolan Vulpix

【 Ability: Right-Hand Duchess 】
Once during your turn (before you attack), If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may discard a Violet's Luxray from your hand. If you do, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

[W][C] Rallying Empire 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

[W][W][C][C] Hail to the Queen GX
Search your deck for up to 12 [W] Pokémon and discard them. Shuffle your deck afterward. Then, place two damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like for each card you discarded. (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C]

Pokémon-GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

➤ Thoughts
I told people I wasn't interested in submitting for this month simply because of the theme, which while I found very unique and exciting, hurt me due to needing something different to base my cards off of, instead of just being the people I know. I could have went with the ever popular choices, people like double o squirtle, Vracken, mirdo, or any of the bigger faces for the creative community, such as the mods or other avid fakers. But I thought that was going to be overdone, and some of those people would just be an easy reference to inside jokes, things like Cody making puns or Vracken being a Gengar. My actual first idea had been to make one for Vracken, but I thought it wouldn't be special or important to gift to him if everyone else did, so unfortunately I had to think of someone else. I wanted to make something truly unique.

I want to keep my basis inside PokéBeach but while being clever pick something that's not only important to someone else, but important to me, as these are the cards I'm creating, and I want to have fun and be creative with them. I ended up having a great creative idea on who I would make my entry based off and some interesting mechanics or flavour to write them in. Therefore, someone I think should be picked but don't think anyone else would pick, would be Lorde.

PokéBeach Big Brother 3 was something I really enjoyed and something I really think connected Lorde and I better, and I would say we're closer now because of it. The card's ability and attacks are all named after her being the person who rallied our alliance in that game and the GX attack uses a clever little pun to convey both one of her most favourite and notable Pokémon, as well as how she ended up winning that game in the final landslide vote. She really was the queen of that game.

I thought of using other names for attacks, two of the names I thought of were "White Snow" and "Schneestorm" as a reference to both of our connections to RWBY and becoming friends over it, but thought it would hurt the current theme, and not to mention, how silly I think attacking with "Schneestorm" would sound.

Lorde worked together with TheR3DX to create text fakes for GekkisaiDaiNi and I, and also created a Luxray for my most recent birthday. I don't fake as often as she has, but I hope this is a wonderful way to give back my thanks to her. Thank you Lorde, I hope you like this one.

See you next month, hopefully!

➤ References:
Karrablast [Sun and Moon; Crimson Invasion - 7/111]
Needed confirmation text on how to discard a Pokémon with a specific name for Right-Hand Duchess.

Zapdos EX [Black and White: Plasma Storm - 48/135]
Checking proper wording for preventing all effects of attacks including damage for Right-Hand Duchess.

Huntail [X and Y: Primal Clash - 50/160]
Proper wording for Rallying Empire.

Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear [X and Y: Phantom Forces - 92/119]
Checking proper wording for searching your deck and discarding targets.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Lorde's Alolan Ninetales-GX - Water - HP220
Stage One - Evolves from Lorde's Alolan Vulpix

【 Ability: Right-Hand Duchess 】
Once during your turn (before you attack), If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may discard a Violet's Luxray from your hand. If you do, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

[W][C] Rallying Empire 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

[W][W][C][C] Hail to the Queen GX
Search your deck for up to 12 [W] Pokémon and discard them. Shuffle your deck afterward. Then, place two damage counters on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like for each card you discarded. (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C]

Pokémon-GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
➤ Thoughts
I told people I wasn't interested in submitting for this month simply because of the theme, which while I found very unique and exciting, hurt me due to needing something different to base my cards off of, instead of just being the people I know. I could have went with the ever popular choices, people like double o squirtle, Vracken, mirdo, or any of the bigger faces for the creative community, such as the mods or other avid fakers. But I thought that was going to be overdone, and some of those people would just be an easy reference to inside jokes, things like Cody making puns or Vracken being a Gengar. My actual first idea had been to make one for Vracken, but I thought it wouldn't be special or important to gift to him if everyone else did, so unfortunately I had to think of someone else. I wanted to make something truly unique.

I want to keep my basis inside PokéBeach but while being clever pick something that's not only important to someone else, but important to me, as these are the cards I'm creating, and I want to have fun and be creative with them. I ended up having a great creative idea on who I would make my entry based off and some interesting mechanics or flavour to write them in. Therefore, someone I think should be picked but don't think anyone else would pick, would be Lorde.

PokéBeach Big Brother 3 was something I really enjoyed and something I really think connected Lorde and I better, and I would say we're closer now because of it. The card's ability and attacks are all named after her being the person who rallied our alliance in that game and the GX attack uses a clever little pun to convey both one of her most favourite and notable Pokémon, as well as how she ended up winning that game in the final landslide vote. She really was the queen of that game.

I thought of using other names for attacks, two of the names I thought of were "White Snow" and "Schneestorm" as a reference to both of our connections to RWBY and becoming friends over it, but thought it would hurt the current theme, and not to mention, how silly I think attacking with "Schneestorm" would sound.

Lorde worked together with TheR3DX to create text fakes for GekkisaiDaiNi and I, and also created a Luxray for my most recent birthday. I don't fake as often as she has, but I hope this is a wonderful way to give back my thanks to her. Thank you Lorde, I hope you like this one.

See you next month, hopefully!

➤ References:
Karrablast [Sun and Moon; Crimson Invasion - 7/111]
Needed confirmation text on how to discard a Pokémon with a specific name for Right-Hand Duchess.

Zapdos EX [Black and White: Plasma Storm - 48/135]
Checking proper wording for preventing all effects of attacks including damage for Right-Hand Duchess.

Huntail [X and Y: Primal Clash - 50/160]
Proper wording for Rallying Empire.

Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear [X and Y: Phantom Forces - 92/119]
Checking proper wording for searching your deck and discarding targets.
Words can't express how much I absolutely love this!!! Thank you so much @VioletValkyrie, love you you're still the Queen of BB3 though! <3