Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2015 - Kanto E4 (Results)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
eGuYjXC.png

Welcome to the April round of Create-A-Card!

EDIT: Since people seem to be getting confused, I'll just say it now.... Just focus on E4 members and their Pokemon. That's it. No one else and nothing else.

You stand proudly with your eight badges, ready to battle against the Elite Four members. But then something suddenly happens and the E4 are replaced by PokeBeach members (hehe). This round, you will be choosing a Pokemon from one of the Kanto Elite Four members (not including the Champion) and either basing your card around that member and Pokemon (for instance, Agatha's Golbat) or choosing a Pokemon, like you would normally do - it's your decision.

As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card.

Participants who fail to submit a card by the deadline will automatically lose 2 points for next round (similar to losing 2 points for the current round for editing). You must drop out by the 24th of April at 11 PM to not incur the penalty. Continuing to fail to post a submission in future rounds will result in a possible ban from the contest for a couple of months. Please keep a close eye on the deadline.

Continuing from the previous round, card maker (websites) are officially banned from this contest. These websites kill the creativity aspect of the contest and don't exemplify the skills of the individual that we're looking for.

Fan Voting is still available. Members are free to vote for ONE text-based entry and ONE image-based entry. You may either PM [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod] your choices or take the Google poll (which will be available shortly after the submission deadline).

The ability to form partnerships is available for this round as well!

Members with different talents can work together on a card! That means members get to use their best talents and combine them into the best and most creative card! For example: one of the members focus on illustrations while the other can focus on the card itself. Working in a team is optional.

Artists (illustrators) are free to post in this thread, letting participants know that they are available.

Now is the time to show us your true faking skills and put your best foot forward, and show how well you can create a card!

This contest has two sections, text-based and image-based. In text-based all you have to do is create a card in text form and post it in here! For the image-based half, you’ll need the help of some software to let your creations come to life. But one thing remains important between both of them, it has to be original.

There are a total of 35 places in this competition, 15 for image and 20 for text, and unlike last year, these slots don’t apply for both. Only one. So simply be fast and post down below that you wish to enter, but be fast, these competitions can fill up very quickly! Once you’ve entered you’ll need to create your entry and post it down below, before Tuesday, 28th of April at 11:00 PM EDT. Be careful when posting your entry though, because if you have to edit, or did edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.

Another note, for those entering image-based you will have to include this logo OR this one on your card or else your entry won’t be accepted. It was designed by the lovely Nekoban Ryo who continuously creates resources for the faking world and faker himself. Alternate Set Symbol #1, Alternate Set Symbol #2

Scoring

--------
Text-Based
--------

1. Creativity/Originality
    We're all tired of effect-less attacks. Without images, part of the intrigue with text-based fakes is the creativity of Power/Body/Ability/attack effects. Let's see something cool!
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    Total: 15 points
    ---
  3. Believability/Playability
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their believability. Think of your entries as if they were real cards. Try to avoid those 400 HP monsters which do 200 damage for [R]! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
Max Points: 50

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    This should be a given. With the proper tools, let your imagination run wild! This can involve new gameplay mechanics, blanks, etc.
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    ---
  3. Fonts and Placement
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes. Placement isn't quite as important, so long as the fonts/symbols/etc. are in the correct general area.
    Total: 10 points
    ---
  4. Believability/Playability
    Because this division of the contest is so image-heavy, the believability and playability takes a backseat here. However, it's still worth a portion of the total points, so try to keep it in the realm of believable! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
    Total: 5 points
Max Points: 50

So that’s the point breakdown for this month’s Create-A-Card. Heavenly Spoon will be judging both the text-based portion of the contest and image-based part.

When making your fakes be sure to follow forum rules, if you are using someone else’s art be sure you have their permission to use it or it is otherwise considered art theft.

As per usual have fun and be as creative as you can be and show the world that PB can make the best fake cards!

Deadline: April 28th (Tues.) 11:00pm EDT

Anticipated Entrants

[td] Image-Based:
  1. Dynamic Duo
  2. Blui
  3. Zygarde
  4. Delta
  5. professorlight

[/td][td] Text-Based:
  1. bbninjas
  2. Keeper of Night
  3. SeventhPrize
  4. Vom
  5. Luispipe8
  6. fleshrum
  7. Reggie McGigas
  8. Machamp The Champion
  9. Celever
  10. GM DracLord

[/td]

Bold names means I have seen your entry in this thread.

Want to help advertise the contest? Feel free to use the banner below in your sig!

eGuYjXC.png

sN5fOc2.png

qmnwYwF.png

GliqFzd.png

pmNSdyN.png

Credit goes to Heavenly Spoon for the banners.

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
bbninjas said:
In!
Though I do question why only Kanto Elite 4 :p

Because by doing a different E4 each month plus champions after it's all done, that'll put us up to November 2015 and that's plenty of time to come up with new ideas.

in if Athena's in.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Lances%20Kingdra%20coacutepia_zps27egwapv.png

I always loved [link=http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/4e/MultiTechnicalMachine01Expedition144.jpg/427px-MultiTechnicalMachine01Expedition144.jpg]TM cards[/link] on the e-card era. Sadly, they were pretty situational and have not enjoyed wide use. I designed this guy to abuse them, bypassing the '[link=http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/63/MiracleSphereSkyridge129.jpg]only specific cards may use it[/link]' rule.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
Zygarde said:
Lances%20Kingdra%20coacutepia_zps27egwapv.png

I always loved [link=http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/4e/MultiTechnicalMachine01Expedition144.jpg/427px-MultiTechnicalMachine01Expedition144.jpg]TM cards[/link] on the e-card era. Sadly, they were pretty situational and have not enjoyed wide use. I designed this guy to abuse them, bypassing the '[link=http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/63/MiracleSphereSkyridge129.jpg]only specific cards may use it[/link]' rule.
Welp, someone made an e-card. I guess we have a winner. Good luck with 2nd to whatever place, everyone else.

Celever

Wheeeee~
in with text-based, please.

I don't know if this is possible, but could someone make like a "template" for me? I'm new to this whole thing >~<. I can always use older editions of this contest for reference, but a template would be useful nevertheless.