PokéBeach Badges Guide & Info

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Water Pokémon Master, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Chaos Jackal Legend of the Past
    Chaos Jackal

There are options in your profile to do so, I think.

But I'd also like a few changes concerning the banners. Just because someone is paying for an article subscription doesn't make him an advanced member, if his contribution on the forums is very small.

Celever and bbninjas like this.

2. King Arceus Aspiring Trainer
    King Arceus

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

I'd argue that contributing money due to article subscriptions means they are contributing to the site. It helps WPM be able to pay the server bill and premium article writers.

The-Kaiser likes this.
  3. Chaos Jackal Legend of the Past
    Chaos Jackal

You have a point, but does a contribution of thirteen bucks mean as much to the site as five thousand forum posts and a continuous presence of many years? Not to mention that the article program is still young. Perhaps for someone who has renewed his subscription a few times it would seem more appropriate. After all, it takes quite a while to make five thousand posts. Just one quarterly subscription is poor by comparison, especially when said member has next to no presence on the forums.

In the end, it's obviously just a banner, and no real reason to make a fuss about. But it just doesn't seem proper towards some members, in my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Celever and bbninjas like this.
  4. Leaf_Ranger Knight of Nature and Pokémon
    Leaf_Ranger

Just what I said:

5. Leaf_Ranger Knight of Nature and Pokémon
    Leaf_Ranger

With the revamp, the site returned to a more-TCG oriented one and with the banner question, people might feel their discussion about many other subjects just isn't important! And while I don't think banners and badges are meaningful, when we have the webmaster promoting it like it's a matter of honour and pride, then it's akward to see someone having a banner because it payed for something and like I've said, the advanced member banner says that it is for long-time subscribers, but the program has only a few months.
    I doubt that it could ever happened but I wonder how "amazing" would it be to have a site full of subscribers but no discussion...it would certainly save a lot of forum space with the creative section gone, the non-Pokémon related discussion, those threads about little things that matter.

6. Celever Wheeeee~
    Celever

The problem could probably be circumvented if users could nominate other members to get the banners if they are just consistently amazing over a long period of time.

May as well let the members who pay for articles have the banner, since it'll be easy enough to figure out who the long-time contributors are and who is just paying. I feel like a badge would be more appropriate than having the full all-round contribution banner, though.

bbninjas likes this.
  7. Supa_Hot_Fire Hoping for Shedinja Break...
    Supa_Hot_Fire

Sorry if I seem whiny, but my badges still refuse to be displayed under my avatar. Am I forgetting to do something? Or just a glitch?

8. PMJ :[
    PMJ

Articles Staff Activities Staff Badges Staff Elite Member Advanced Member Member

This is literally the silliest thing you guys could argue about. If you have the Advanced Member banner, who cares how anyone else gets it?

If you don't have it, either pay for it (save time) or post more until you get it (save money). Is this really worth getting upset about?

TrainerMa'am likes this.
  9. Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder
    Bolt the Cat

I think it'd be more fair if there were just a different set of banners for subscription tiers, then they still get the recognition for contributing to the site without circumventing the posting requirement. Beyond that though, there definitely needs to be more posting ranks, it's a little ridiculous when you can be active on this site for several years and still get absolutely nothing for it. 5,000 is way to high for that, it'd be better to have something like this:

Supa_Hot_Fire likes this.
  10. PizzaIsAwesom Pokédex #475
    PizzaIsAwesom

They are showing up under your avatar for me, but mine aren't showing up under my avatar. Is there any way to fix that?

Supa_Hot_Fire likes this.
  11. Athena Envoy of Mediation
    Athena

Advanced Member Member

Badges have been kind of messed up for a while now and many of them are not awarding and/or showing underneath avatars correctly. We're currently working on a larger overhaul of the badge system that will hopefully help fix the problem in the long run. :)

TrainerMa'am likes this.
  12. PizzaIsAwesom Pokédex #475
    PizzaIsAwesom

Ok:)

13. JimtendoPower Lysandre's Trump Bidoof
    JimtendoPower

I have five ID badges but they don't show up on anything I post. Help!

14. Athena Envoy of Mediation
    Athena

Advanced Member Member

15. homeofmew PokéBeach's Mathematician
    homeofmew

Advanced Member Member

I am currently updating badges if you feel like you have a badge issue message me, there is no guarantee i can fix a broken badge that you had in the past.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

Juliacoolo, Luispipe8