Playmats?

Shuckle the Snail

VileGar Master
Ok so what are up with these playmats? I see alot of people sell them but where do u get them from? And what are thy made of? I'm pretty weary to spend $30 on a mat of plastic.

The ones you get from Theme decks are cheap. The ones with a thicker texture is about 25-40 dollors.

I think they are made out of Fabric and rubber, and can be found in tourney's as prizes or something.

The Pokeball ones were given out last season as raffle prizes at tournaments. The Professor Mat(Black with a red darkrai) is available to active professors. There was yet another production run of Great, Master, and Ultra Ball Playmats given out at worlds this year. It has yet to be seen if these are being shipped to PTO's for BR's.

Yes thats correct. The Darkrai or "Professor Playmat" is pretty rare. You need to be a pokemon Professor to even get one. Even then its still a chore.

Given teh value, thats why I traded mine for an Uxie Lv X.

shadoworganoid said:
Yes thats correct. The Darkrai or "Professor Playmat" is pretty rare. You need to be a pokemon Professor to even get one. Even then its still a chore.

Given the value, thats why I traded mine for an Uxie Lv X.

you got the worse end of that trade...and no, you don't need to be a professor to have a Darkrai playmat, seeing as I have one, someone who is not an active professor or was not an active professor during the time they were given out

I've seen the Ultra Ball and Great Ball playmats, but I've never seen the Master Ball one

the Pokeball ones, like the one I have for trade on my trade thread, were not only given out as raffles and door prizes, some PTO's gave them out as winner swag for City Championships and State Championships along with the Victory Medal

but the mats are not cheaply made and are of good quality, they are pretty much the same as the mats that are given out as prizes for other TCG's

qnetykz said:
you got the worse end of that trade...and no, you don't need to be a professor to have a Darkrai playmat, seeing as I have one, someone who is not an active professor or was not an active professor during the time they were given out

I've seen the Ultra Ball and Great Ball playmats, but I've never seen the Master Ball one

the Pokeball ones, like the one I have for trade on my trade thread, were not only given out as raffles and door prizes, some PTO's gave them out as winner swag for City Championships and State Championships along with the Victory Medal

but the mats are not cheaply made and are of good quality, they are pretty much the same as the mats that are given out as prizes for other TCG's

How do you figure? The playmat is worth about 35 dollars as is the Uxie Lv X.

Either way, I dont really mind. I needed an Uxie LvX and didnt need that playmat.

The Professor Playmat is still available in the store, so it's not all that rare. Each professor is allowed to get 3 per year.

You can get a custom mat online all you gotta do is send them a picture of what you want. I got a custom static shock one for 50$. The website I ordered it from was [You are not allowed to advertise other sites here, sorry.
-cheetor586]

afrokid said:
You can get a custom mat online all you gotta do is send them a picture of what you want. I got a custom static shock one for 50$. The website I ordered it from was [You are not allowed to advertise other sites here, sorry.
-cheetor586]

we're actually talking about playmats that are pokemon specific:

Darkrai Professor Playmat
Pokeball Playmat
Great Ball Playmat
Ultra Ball Playmat
Master Balle Playmat

Medaforcer said:
I got the official pokeball mat for ten dollars at worlds. I could not resist that price.

yea, that was an awesome deal, I don't see those going for lower than $25, even for good deals

Back