Plasma Blast CATCHER RE-PRINT

exdarkrai01 said:
FoxKin45 said:
I completely agree with the whole Tropical Beach thing. But I do not think they should be 'reprinted' (Shouldn't it be printed since they are not in any 'sets''?)
They are strictly there as a reward for people playing at worlds. I think it should stay that way, or also be given out at Nats or Regions to help drop the price. Just my thoughts.

I think the price of tropical beach is just fine. IMO it shows whos committed and who isn't. I had to work hard to pay for my 3 copies, and the "luxury" of getting one at worlds is far FAR more expensive than a single copy of it. Beach is a good card, required in some decks, but aren't the end all be all. Playing a card game costs money, thats just the way it is. Quality costs money. If you want to be competitive, pay for the cards you need. Im not at all against a catcher reprint, but it always bothered me when people would complain about the price of catchers, because the only people that complain are the people that dont have them! I understand the frustration with beach, but I don't think its valid. Be grateful this isn't magic or Yugioh where cards pulled from packs cost 100+ dollars. Be grateful that TPCi doesn't print playable cards as secret rares only very often (ray shiny was an exception). He'll the tins in the last year and a half have made this game phenomenally accessible. Beach is one of those cards that just isn't gonna come easy. And thats the way it should be. Competing in worlds in worthy of a Prestigious card that is playable, not some junk card thats worth 30 bucks to collectors. Have some respect for the people that did earn theirs because everyone complaining didn't. You gotta earn it some other way. I did, and that way was the 125+ price tag on the card

Yugi mentality. Cards from a children's card game should never go upward 100 dollars. ( I know MTG has way more expensive cards)

exdarkrai01 said:
FoxKin45 said:
I completely agree with the whole Tropical Beach thing. But I do not think they should be 'reprinted' (Shouldn't it be printed since they are not in any 'sets''?)
They are strictly there as a reward for people playing at worlds. I think it should stay that way, or also be given out at Nats or Regions to help drop the price. Just my thoughts.

I think the price of tropical beach is just fine. IMO it shows whos committed and who isn't. I had to work hard to pay for my 3 copies, and the "luxury" of getting one at worlds is far FAR more expensive than a single copy of it. Beach is a good card, required in some decks, but aren't the end all be all. Playing a card game costs money, thats just the way it is. Quality costs money. If you want to be competitive, pay for the cards you need. Im not at all against a catcher reprint, but it always bothered me when people would complain about the price of catchers, because the only people that complain are the people that dont have them! I understand the frustration with beach, but I don't think its valid. Be grateful this isn't magic or Yugioh where cards pulled from packs cost 100+ dollars. Be grateful that TPCi doesn't print playable cards as secret rares only very often (ray shiny was an exception). He'll the tins in the last year and a half have made this game phenomenally accessible. Beach is one of those cards that just isn't gonna come easy. And thats the way it should be. Competing in worlds in worthy of a Prestigious card that is playable, not some junk card thats worth 30 bucks to collectors. Have some respect for the people that did earn theirs because everyone complaining didn't. You gotta earn it some other way. I did, and that way was the 125+ price tag on the card

Those are all competely valid points and I agree with them 100%. I love the fact that people who get to goto worlds and compete are rewarded somehow, but make it a card that is good, but not to the point where to get a hold of it, it will bankrupt me. I am going into my first year of masters so cards like that are necessary for most decks to stay a competitive level in the jump between the two devisions. I can run two catchers in Seniors easy but in Masters I will need four, thats thirty dollers to play a game focused on the younger community. I guess my point is for a game focused for kids, if they want to play on a competitive level they should not have to pay 100$+ to play a deck on par with the Tier 1 Metagame.

100USD is normal for a competitive deck in any card game. But 100 USD for a card is just pushing it. Especially when TPCI is just being stupid and printing a very playable card which can only be accessed by Worlds Participants.

I have never ever paid more than $10 for a card, and that's how it should be, just because it is expensive doesn't make it right. I for one welcome our hypnotoxic catcher overlords. I can now break down the one barrier that has kept me from playing the "real" tcg this whole time.

Okay. So now hopefully we have that resolved lets get the topic back on track? ^_^ (Sorry for 'Mini-Modding', if this applies just delete) I think having catcher in the format for another year is a smart choice and will help to keep the format balanced, now I can take out a Deoxys, or a Sableye that might pose a later threat.

Yes, Catcher is a good card in this format. Anyone who disagrees with this opinion should just quit playing Pokemon altogether because he'd probably promote brainless Stage 2s parking their asses for broken effects without any risk for doing it.

Catcher is a gun. Guns don't kill people/Pokemon. It's people/EXs that do.

Riskbreakers said:
Yes, Catcher is a good card in this format. Anyone who disagrees with this opinion should just quit playing Pokemon altogether because he'd probably promote brainless Stage 2s parking their asses for broken effects without any risk for doing it.

Sorry, what?! I play 2 stage 2 Pokemon(Gardevoir-Gallade), and having them on play DOES represent a risk, since if a key Pokemon in your strategy is Catcher'ed or snipe KO'ed would be a major drawback; and in the same time I strongly believe that Catcher is a really good card to our format and have saved me from losing the game many times; so I somehow feel offended... Just saying.
But back on topic, I really hope the chances of getting a Catcher will be higher than in EPO, and since it's a pretty good set, to also lower it's price to at least $8...

You don't get it. Losing Catcher in the format means you can play those Brainless Stage 2s (PKK, Blastoise) without any risk of them getting killed because you know, Catcher was gone.

Note that Mr. Mime and Garbodor actually exist in this format aside from the above two broken Stage 2s. Without Catcher, everyone would be playing Garbodor to shut down any Mr. Mimes preventing snipe from their injured EXs. Basically losing Catcher means you can safely hide behind the bench without getting hit. See how this just breaks the entire game wide open and makes it stale? Hence I am encouraging those who say "catcher is a bad card for the format" to just outright quit Pokemon.

On the topic of pull rates: I doubt Pokémon Catcher was any less common than other Trainers from EP.

It's a desirable card, however, and that will make it seem more difficult to obtain.

I want atleast two for every three people to get atleast A catcher. I doubt it but pull rates need to go up. Granted everything in this set is good, unlike EPO.
(Anyone who disagrees just my opinion here) so catcher will not be the only thing people want. Wish everyone luck at their pre-releases by the way! I am off to mine right now so if anyone wants to know what I get for pull rates etc. pm me.

Don;t need to care about Catcher's pull rates. So as long as more Catchers are going to circulate the market, that should be fine. Not to mention Catcher was a promo at some point for play points right?

I think catcher has equal pull rates as any other uncommon! I never bought an EP box, but have, since the set was released, pulled at least 11 catchers. That is probably only about 45-55 packs.

I like the card, but do miss gust of wind and warp point. Perhaps someday the originals will be back.

I once bought some packs of EP (don't know how many exactly) and pulled one catcher. And that's the only one I have but I'm ok with that cause I just collect...

Back