Strategy Pheromosa Suspect Test

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Smogon is suspecting Pheromosa due to its versatility and overwhelming stats. If it gets banned, we will ban it here as well.

What are your thoughts on this one?

So there is a really hate love process with this thing. On one forum I read how powerful this thing can be with all the new sets people discovered, and on another forum people call out pro ban people that it is the same case of Talonflame, and there is really no reason to consider Pheremosa a huge threat to the metagame.
So that is going to be interesting.

What is the reason it is getting suspected , though? Is it because the rise of the special sets? And btw, what are the checks and counters for Pheremosa either way( physical and special)?

Pheromosa has no counters outside of Toxapex because of how strong it hits on both sides, and that its impossible to revenge kill at +1. Sets like Quiver Dance are impossible to outspeed, or +1 Beast Boost. +1 Atk or +SpA from Beast Boost makes all of the checks shaky because the extra damage is often the deal breaker. Stuff like Skarmory and Celesteela are decent checks, but are very shaky.

Special sets are probably what push her over the edge, especially Quiver Dance (QD + 3 Attacks w/ Z-move is insane).

I have no doubt that Pheromosa should be banned. It necessitates the use of either Toxapex or Skarmory, though usually the former, which is boringly centralising. I'll be happy to see the back of it, haha.

Skarmory doesn't wall it. Toxapex is the only one, but it still takes 80% from +1 Z-Hyper Beam.

Focus Blast 2HKOs Skarm at +0. +1 Z-Focus Blast OHKOs after rocks.

The chances of this staying in OU is like 0.

Skarmory doesn't wall it. Toxapex is the only one, but it still takes 80% from +1 Z-Hyper Beam.

Focus Blast 2HKOs Skarm at +0. +1 Z-Focus Blast OHKOs after rocks.

The chances of this staying in OU is like 0.
Yeah, but Skarmory is an ample check. Not a full counter, but close enough for me. :p

A couple months ago I said that I wouldn't really get back into OU until Pheromosa got the boot, because I wasn't having much fun playing as a result of it. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long to happen lol.

It is amazing how the meta can change a Pokémon status. I remember people talking about how everyone initially thought that it is uber material, only to realize it is only as good on paper, but in the real test it fails to live long enough and that the only thing that makes it so good is Tapu Lele.

Back