Ruling Passimian SM5 Power Scrum

TheDeckWizard74

I got big beautiful eyes like this flareon
I have a cause for speculation with the Passimian card from sm5.

Ability: Power Scrum
As long as this Pokemon is on your Bench, each of your Passimian’s attacks does 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Evolved Pokemon.

The part that sticks out to me is that the ability clearly says Passimian's attacks do 30 more damage, it does not say "Passimian do 30 more damage" but instead the attacks of Passimian do 30 more, if mew from Fates Collide copies team play from SM1 Passimian, will mew get a 30 damage damage boost from what it was already doing to an active evolved pokemon because it is using Passimian's attack.

*Even if it doesn't work for Mew it makes me curious why that wording would be used.

You have to remember that we are still going off of a fan translation of the Japanese card text. It could (and probably will) be worded differently when we get the official English text.

The wording is wacky, but id assume this is something like Haxorus from BREAKthrough, where since it specifies the Pokemon, ONLY its attacks do + damage, even if they are copied by something else. Yes, passimian says, “passimian’s attacks” but like CrownAxe said it’s a fan translation and it’s offical and if I’m right, Passimian’s attacks refers to Passimian using an attack, not passimian’s attack, kinda like the Lurantis Promo. It’d be kinda like saying the Lurantis Promo would still boost damage if FAC Mew used Tapu Bulu-GX’s [G] for 30, which it doesn’t. While Lurantis only refers to a specific type, it’s really no different than Passimian referring to a specific Pokemon.

It could be good:
Passimian SM5 x3 and Passimian SM1 on Bench, attack with Mew 10+120+90 => 220 dmg for a DCE, 250 with CB

I'm pretty keen on it as well. Even with just 1 team play Passimian and 3 SM5 pas simian you can hit 190 and 220 with CB. Heck throw in some strong energy and you can start hitting numbers on everything. I think the main problem as always is consistency. I could see an ideal set up being, Passimian active, 3 passimian on bench, an octillery and open spot for lele or mew. I'm definitely going to be playing around wit it I think.

I have just been playing around with passimian online and I was able to consistently get out 3 SM5 Pokemon plus the SM1 passimian thanks to brook let hill, nest ball and ultra balls. With two strong energy plus choice band I was able to hit for 260 damage. Hits 220 damage with dce. One problem I have had is Passimian SM1 was prized in two of my games (gladion could be useful).

Back