General One Line Advice

Don't let yourself get down because of what others say about you. Most of this world is filled with idiots anyways, and they're the ones throwing that stuff at you.

Also, don't let your differences keep you from being who you want to be.

Might be a little longer than one line, but here I go.

No one wants to be stuck telling everyone the story of how great you are. If you want them to hear the story, live long enough to actually tell it yourself.

When committing your limited time to something, envision your ideal endgame and push relentlessly for that.

More does not equal success. Depth and quality are more valuable.

Every move has a consequence. If it improves your position, do it. If not, find another path that maximizes your opportunities.

People who rely solely on luck and raw power typically lose at the most embarrassing and frustrating times. Knowing how to punch hard isn't the same as knowing how to win, after all.

When you are talking to Nurse Joy, and after you select "Yes", press the B button. Otherwise, she will want to heal your Pokemon again.

A good advice I like is: Live in the moment... but don't be led by the moment, or the people who belong to it.

Those who are the most successful in life are often the same people that can be loud without yelling. They are emotional, and yet, at the same time, they are in control of their emotions.

A common-ish retort in some places; something I like to keep in mind:

Don't yuck my yum.

It's usually used in regards to lewd stuff these days, sadly. But once upon a time it referred to interests and attractions in general. It sucks when you love something and friends (or strangers) feel like they have to tell you how bad or stupid it is. Remember that there's people out there who probably hate what you like too. Be happy when people find things that captivate them. :D

Last edited:
A smart man learns from his mistakes. A genius learns from someone else's mistakes.

Last edited:
Expecting yourself to hold the upper hand against every opponent is a fool's delusion. Learn to accept that there are some opponents you can't beat reliably, and you'll be able to focus on the battles that really matter.

When giving food the sniff-check, to see if it's usable still: When in doubt, throw it out. Learned that from experience.

Back