• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard One last ride. Volcanion-EX

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
Hello. I want to have a one las ride with my volcanion-ex deck.

I want to play it in a regionals for the last time before it rotates. This considering no one plays water pokemon anymore and Gardevoir isn't much popular either. Every meta deck has pokemon with 180 or 190 HP wich volcanion is capable of OHKO with 2 steam ups.

Here's my current list:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 4 Volcanion STS 25
* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 143
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Remoraid BKT 32
* 4 Volcanion-EX STS 115
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 3 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Energy Retrieval PRC 126
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Cyrus {*} UPR 120
* 2 N FCO 105
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Lysandre {*} FLI 110
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fire Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Please give me your comments. I'll appreciate it a lot

I too am considering running my Volcanion EX deck at an upcoming Regional tournament. So, following are a fe thoughts for your consideration:

The current meta has quite a few popular Pokémon with 200+ HP; so, why would you not includeTurtonator GX and/or Ho-Oh GX in order to 1HKO these particular threats vs. 2HKO with Volcanion EX? I'd play at least 3 total of these particular GX Pokémon.

One Pokémon I've found to be extremely helpful is Starmie (Space Beacon). I'd suggest replacing your Octillery line with a 1-1 Starmie line. Should you go with a Starmie line, consider dropping 1 Professor's Letter and 1 Energy Retrieval. Also, consider adding a Fisherman.

IMO, 4 Guzma and a Lysandre are excessive. I'd suggest replacing the Lysandre with Oranguru (Instruct), a Switch or an Acerola.

No Field Blowers??? Should you play against anyone running Garbotoxin Garbodor, you'd be at a great disadvantage. Consider running at least 3.

IMO, the DW Necrozma GX will not be that helpful, since you'd still have to get it out of the Active position. And, your Float Stones would be important Tools Field Blower'd away by opponents. I've found that "hard retreating" (i.e., paying the actual Retreat cost) does not "hurt" much at all.

Further, instead of 3 Float Stone, consider replacing 1-2 with Escape Rope, Olympia, and/or Switch.

Instead of running Cyrus Prism Star (with targeted Pokémon and attached resources are shuffled back into your opponent's deck), have you considered using Lysandre Prism Star which would place discarded opponent's resources into his/her Lost Zone (from which your opponent can not recover LZ'd resources)?

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I too am considering running my Volcanion EX deck at an upcoming Regional tournament. So, following are a fe thoughts for your consideration:

The current meta has quite a few popular Pokémon with 200+ HP; so, why would you not includeTurtonator GX and/or Ho-Oh GX in order to 1HKO these particular threats vs. 2HKO with Volcanion EX? I'd play at least 3 total of these particular GX Pokémon.

One Pokémon I've found to be extremely helpful is Starmie (Space Beacon). I'd suggest replacing your Octillery line with a 1-1 Starmie line. Should you go with a Starmie line, consider dropping 1 Professor's Letter and 1 Energy Retrieval. Also, consider adding a Fisherman.

IMO, 4 Guzma and a Lysandre are excessive. I'd suggest replacing the Lysandre with Oranguru (Instruct), a Switch or an Acerola.

No Field Blowers??? Should you play against anyone running Garbotoxin Garbodor, you'd be at a great disadvantage. Consider running at least 3.

IMO, the DW Necrozma GX will not be that helpful, since you'd still have to get it out of the Active position. And, your Float Stones would be important Tools Field Blower'd away by opponents. I've found that "hard retreating" (i.e., paying the actual Retreat cost) does not "hurt" much at all.

Further, instead of 3 Float Stone, consider replacing 1-2 with Escape Rope, Olympia, and/or Switch.

Instead of running Cyrus Prism Star (with targeted Pokémon and attached resources are shuffled back into your opponent's deck), have you considered using Lysandre Prism Star which would place discarded opponent's resources into his/her Lost Zone (from which your opponent can not recover LZ'd resources)?

I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thanks a lot for your comments.

I made some changes on the list because you had some solid points.
The lysandre futured in my list is the prism star card. My country doesn't hold expanded torunaments.

I think Lysandre is not that good here. Maybe I'll change it for Cyrus. I think it's better in the zoroark machup. Wich is one of the toughest cause you can't OHKO it easily.

also, I think Fisherman + Starmie + Super Rod + Turtonator's GX is too much. Maybe I'll change the Fisherman for something else and the super rod for A rescue stretcher. I'll see.

Here's the list. I just beat a Zoroark/Spread deck with it:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Turtonator-GX GRI 131
* 3 Volcanion STS 25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Staryu BKP 25
* 3 Volcanion-EX STS 115
* 1 Starmie EVO 31

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Energy Retrieval PRC 126
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Lysandre {*} FLI 110
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Switch EVO 88

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fire Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Please let me know what do you guys think. If maybe a change could be made.

Back