Writing One Last Battle - Chapter 6!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Hello everyone! :D Welcome to One Last Battle, a TCG Story that's pretty much made out of a random dream I had! :D this hopefully won't interfere with AND too much.

This story also takes place in a reality where Pokékyun is released, but not Xy10 or Generations. Because...logic. This is also Expanded.

It started off as an average day in the forest. Children playing around the trees, adults taking a leisurely stroll or just enjoying the view. The birds were singing, the fish in the river were splashing, and boats were ferrying people to and fro. It really was a nice day. But most of all were the battles.

"And now, announcing the top four of the Forest Garden Weekly senior division!" A Woman with Blue eyes and long blonde hair wearing a green witches hat and blouse with Pink pants said. "I'm your host, Christine, and it's time to introduce our four Challengers!"

While there wasn't a door anywhere in sight, but merely four people standing near trees on opposing corners. The atmosphere was still tense. Each of these people had, on their arms, what appeared to be circular gauntlets with a large rack on the side.

"Our first contender, going undefeated throughout the entire tournament, is Jason!"

Loud cheers erupted from the crowd as a young boy, looking around 13, stepped onto the field. He had Short, Neat black hair, brown eyes, and was wearing a brown hoodie and jeans.

"His opponent, barely making it into the top 4, is Carson!"

People applauded politely as another boy, slightly older than Jason, stepped into sight. He had Blonde-Brown hair that nearly came down to his shoulders, a red shirt with a Pokémon on it, and black pants. He had a coat tied around his waist which was Blue on the top, Black in the middle, and Gray on the bottom in three large, neat stripes.

A young child snuck onto the stands. Dad can stop me from playing, but he can't stop me from watching... He thought to himself, passing by a couple talking about the players.

"I hear Carson's always playing strange decks. Can't wait to see what he pulls out this time." Said the Man.

"Well, Jason is the best player in the area in the division." Said the Woman as the boy moved on.

"And now, we roll the dice to determine who goes first!"

A young lady wearing the orange robes of a priestess was running to the stands before bumping into someone.

"Oof! Who goes the- oh dear." Said the priestess lady.

A young lady in white robes with a purple ribbon around her waist and white hair was picking herself off the ground.

"Milady Saylla! I'm so sorry!" the Priestess Lady bowed. "Had I been looking where I was going I surely would have not bumped into you!"

"Be at ease, Priestess. Are you the mother of Illana?" Questioned Saylla. "I hear she has made it to the tournament. Go. May the winds of fate speed you."

"Many thanks, Milady Saylla." The Priestess Lady picked herself off and ran off to join the crowd of people.

"Well Jason, looks like you're going first. Best of luck!" Carson called out.

"Yeah. You too!" Jason called back.

"The competitors now draw their cards!" Christine cheered. Who will they start with?"

Jason placed a card from his hand onto a red area on the rack-like object. It glowed Red, and a shower of sparkles appears on the field, before morphing into a large, reddish-brown, dog-like Pokémon. Carson mirrored his movement, summoning a Smaller, red, Fox-like Pokémon. Carson then placed two cards onto the Blue Rack, summoning forth another Fox-like creature and a small, yellow, Camel-esque Pokémon with a stylised red "M" on its side. The two foxes sparkled briefly, the words EX appearing above their heads.

"And Jason is Starting with Entei, while Carson has Flareon-EX Active, and Flareon-EX and Team Magma's Numel!"

On the other side of the river, an archaeology dig was going on.

"Wow! This might be the biggest one yet, guys!" Said a man wearing a rough brown Jacket with an Orange Shirt and Cargo pants, while one of his ears had an earring with a very large fossilised fang. "I didn't think Tyrantrum could get this big!"

"And Jason takes game 1 in a spectacular display of speed! Who will win game 2?"

Behind the stands, a girl and a boy were standing there. The girl was dressed in a black dress with a Pink heart on the chest. She had a disk on her arm as well. I wonder if Mom's here yet. She thought to herself as she tensely waited her turn.

On the other side of the forest, a man was walking around with a bug net. "Come on, little ants. Where are you?"

He said this walking right past a girl, looking no more than 15 years of age. She was sitting on a rock, filing her nails. "bugs? Ick."

"And game two goes to Carson! It all comes down to this!"

At the far end of the forested island, a girl who looked to be around 16, wearing a Tye-Dye shirt under a brown leather vest and blue jeans rolled halfway up to her knees with a green headband was dipping her bare feet in the water, seemingly without a care in the world as she listened to the battle in the distance. Around 10 feet away from her, there was a dark-skinned man wearing a blue shirt, white vest and white pants sitting on a rock, fishing. He had a Blue sailor's cap on, and as some girls taking a stroll were walking by, they called out: "Heeey, Miguel..." She rolled her eyes.

On the farthest northern end of the island, a young woman wearing a Tartan jacket, thick black socks, and dress shoes had spread a large quantity of books across a picnic blanket, making notes and mumbling to herself. A few feet away were two girls on another blanket, disk objects to the side, playing Pokémon and jabbering away excitedly.

"And Jason takes it in an exciting and close battle! Next up is Illana against Michael! Who will join Jason in the finals?"

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
*puts fingers together* Excellent. We've been waiting for you. >:L
*laughs evilly* Let the predictions commence! \o/

It started off as an average day in the forest.
Oh, really? Not ... a new day? :p

"His opponent, barely making it into the top 4, is Carson!"
Yup, found Waldo tgk.

"I hear Carson's always playing strange decks. Can't wait to see what he pulls out this time." Said the Man.
Hmm ... like, say, Meganium? :p

"And now, we roll the dice to determine who goes first!

"Well Jason, looks like you're going first. Best of luck!" Carson called out."
'cuz ya used the D20, obv >:L

A few feet away were two girls on another blanket, disk objects to the side, playing Pokémon and jabbering away excitedly.
Oh goody, I get a cameo. :D

One of the archeologists makes a reference to Tyrantrum having formerly lived on the planet, although birds, fish, and other IRL animals are also referenced. Was this intentional?

I'd also suggest describing some of the battles; I felt sad when I saw that Carson lost the third round, but not devastated, if that makes sense. I feel like I needed to see a bit more. :/

Additionally, I'd like to point out that Illana and Michael (I'm assuming that's who they are, anyway) are first shown standing on the platform, but next behind the stands. Are they different characters?

Last note: Saylla. Assuming for now she's a High Priestess of some sort, from the way the orange-robed one defers to her, and the religious-sounding "May the winds of fate be with you".

You requested that I predict which fourteen characters from this chapter would reappear as main characters. Trying to pull a Spectrum, I see. :p

Very well.

1. Carson
  2. Jason
  3. Illana
  4. Michael
  5. Saylla
  6. Miguel
  7. Christine
  8. The Orange-Robed Priestess
  9. The Archeologist
  10. The Tie-Dye-Shirt Girl
  11. The Boy Who Can Watch, But Not Play
  12. The Man With The Bug Net
  13. The "Bugs? Ick" Girl
  14. The Girl In The Tartan Jacket

Last edited:
[2/2/16, 8:14:05 PM] Ben JB: Just two more name-drops I need to get out of you, I think
[2/2/16, 8:14:06 PM] Carson Gray: theory crafting already? :p
[2/2/16, 8:14:10 PM] Carson Gray: oh crap
[2/2/16, 8:14:12 PM] Ben JB: Not ... yet. :p
[2/2/16, 8:14:12 PM] Carson Gray: that few?
[2/2/16, 8:14:15 PM] Carson Gray: dfhgigroaghuglrag
[2/2/16, 8:14:23 PM] Carson Gray: I need to get better at keeping secrets :p
[2/2/16, 8:14:25 PM] Ben JB: On 2/2/16, at 8:14 PM, Carson Gray wrote:
> dfhgigroaghuglrag
Stop name-dropping. :p
[2/2/16, 8:14:32 PM] Carson Gray: XD
[2/2/16, 8:14:44 PM] Ben JB: Is Dfhgigroaghuglrag the bug-catcher guy?
[2/2/16, 8:14:45 PM] Ben JB: :p
[2/2/16, 8:14:51 PM] Carson Gray: nope :p
[2/2/16, 8:14:54 PM] Ben JB: D:
[2/2/16, 8:14:54 PM] Carson Gray: that’s Darin
[2/2/16, 8:14:56 PM] Carson Gray: DAMMIT
[2/2/16, 8:14:59 PM] Ben JB: XD
[2/2/16, 8:15:04 PM] Carson Gray: Carson Gray leaves

"And Next up, we have Illana versus Michael!" Christine cheered. "Who will advance to meet Jason in the finals? Let's find out!"

Meanwhile, the orange-robed priestess was sitting in the stands when Saylla walked up next to her.

"Hello, priestess Amara. Is this seat taken?" She asked innocently, gesturing to the empty seat beside Amara. "May I sit here?"

"Of course, milady. Have you come to watch the semifinals and finals?" Amara inquired.

"Why yes I have, Amara. I was never one to spend my days in a stuffy cathedral." Saylla smiled. "And just Saylla will do, I've never been one for formalities either. If I may ask, what deck is Illana playing?"

"Illana? She's playing Mega Gardevoir EX with Aromatisse." Amara responded. "And I do believe her opponent is playing Speed Mega Rayquaza."

Saylla frowned slightly. "That isn't a pretty matchup for Illana, but she is very skilled."

Amara smiled. "Only time will tell. That is the joy of the battle."

"And now, the competitors roll the dice to determine who will go first!"

On the southern side, the girl with the tye-dye shirt, eyeing what appeared to be a buisinessman in a black suit, put her shoes on and walked over as the man was pulling out some drawings. She walked over and stared over his shoulder at what appeared to be plans for buildings.

"So man, like, where are these buildings going to go?" She asked.

"Oi! Little Gorl, vat are you doing here?" The businessman asked. He had slick black hair, glasses, and an accent.

"I'm just like, asking you a question, man. No need to like, get totally bent over about it." She said, more than a little affronted.

"Vell, since you asked, little gorl, these are the plans for the buildings I am going to make with the appearing here, vonce I buy zis land." The man said, slowly and clearly, eyeing the 16-year old up.

"But like, why ruin this groovy piece of land? that's such a bummer, man." She said.

"Vat is or isn't a "bummer" is irrelefant in the vorld of making the money, little gorl." He said coldly. "Now, go play in the vater or something."

"Nah man, I'd like, totally rather be here arguing with you right now. What's your name, man?" She asked.

"If I tell you my name, little gorl, vill you leave me alone?" The businessman asked.

"Sure, man." the girl said, mumbling under her breath: "I'll like, do my research, man. Get you like, away from this land before you ruin it, man."

"Vell then, little gorl, my name is Constantine. Vat is yours?" Constantine asked.

"My name's Mandy, man. And I'm totally not a little girl, man." Mandy said, before wandering off to watch the match. "I'm totally keeping you off of this groovy island, man. you can totally count on it."

On the northern side of the island, the woman in the tartan jacket had taken apart her own disk and had laid the parts out on a blanket, jotting down notes in various notebooks. She attracted the attention of the two girls, who nodded and decided to ask her.

"Hello?" Said the blonde one. "What are you doing?" She was wearing a white shirt and jeans, with blonde hair that came down to the middle of her back and green eyes. On her left wrist, she had a charm bracelet with Jumpluff, Pichu, and Garchomp charms on it. She looked to be about 14.

"Oh, hello there." Said the woman. She had Red Hair tied up in a bun, circular, thick glasses, and knee socks with a pair of black dress shoes. She looked around 19, or old enough to be a university student, and had the uniform for it. "Are you intrigued?" She asked, gesturing to the myriad of machinery around her.

The younger girl had brown-blonde hair that went down to her shoulders, with ice-blue eyes. She was slight and young-looking, wearing a light blue dress that matched her eyes, light blue knee socks that also matched her eyes, and black dress shoes, as though Alice had changed her hair colour and fallen out of wonderland. All in all, she looked around 12, and was staring at the university woman blankly.

"One minute." The blonde said, before pulling up the younger girl's hair. "Blast, they're out of batteries. Where did I put them?" She began rummaging around for batteries in her pockets, but coming up short. Sighing, she used her hands to sign the university woman's words to the younger girl. "Anyways, I'm Cynthia and this is my little sister, Kiara." Kiara waved. "What's your name?"

"My name's Eliza. Your sister is hearing impaired, correct?" Eliza asked.

"Yeah, she's got hearing aids, but I forgot the batteries at home." Cynthia looked annoyed with herself. "Do you have any batteries that aren't part of this...contraption?"

Eliza rummaged around in her bag. "I do have some batteries that match the kind for the standard hearing aid. Here." She pulled out two small, round, batteries and gave them to Cynthia. Kiara moved her hands quickly, smiling gratefully.

"She says thank you." Cynthia said as Kiara handed her the hearing aids so she could reinsert the batteries. "These blasted hearing aids run through batteries so quickly." She popped them in, turned a dial, and handed them back to her sister. "Better, Kia?"

"Better, Cynthy. Hello there Eliza, my name is Kiara." Kiara said, moving her hands as she spoke, no doubt signing the words. "What are you working on?"

"this is a BattleSim, like the ones the two of you have over there." Eliza said, opening up her journal to a specific page. "When you place a trainer card in this slot here," she pointed at it reads the card and produces a hologram while also activating the effect. When a battle starts, the two sims involved link up, allowing your cards to affect your opponent if they need to. However, Stadium cards go into this top slot here, until replaced. Then they pop back out and you place them into your discard pile. Pokémon go in one of these slots here." She gestured to the row of eight tiles. The one on the far left was coloured Red, the next five were blue, and the last three were green. The blue and green ones had a single blue button. "This red one is for Active Pokémon, and the blue and green are for benched Pokémon. by hitting buttons on the central disk, you can attack, retreat, activate abilities, or return the card to your hand. you just place a Pokémon there."

"This sounds hard, but fun." Kiara said. "I only just turned twelve and pass my test last week, and we've been super busy so I haven't gotten time yet."

"Well then, Kiara. The best knowledge is experience. I guess we shall have to battle." Eliza noticed Kiara's was modified slightly to have a firmer grip on the cards. Probably because of all the hand gestures. she thought to herself as she began to put her BattleSim back together.

"Sure!" Kiara exclaimed. "Cynthy, this is going to be so exciting!"

"And Illana takes the first battle! What a masterful display! On to game 2, where Michael is going to go first!"

"Good luck!" Illana called out.

"Yeah, thanks." Michael responded.

"and... DRAW!" They both yelled, before placing their active Pokémon. Illana revealed a small, yellow and gray fairy-like Pokémon, smiling, while Michael cringed as he revealed a small, reindeer-like Pokémon that sparkled, revealing it to be an EX.

"Well, it looks like Michael has managed to miss his Rayquaza start both games." Saylla remarked. "And since it didn't show an EX sign, Illana has started with one of her more favourable starts against this kind of deck."

"Yes. In fact, using Jirachi may just be more favourable than using Xerneas's Geomancy in this matchup, because of Jirachi's first attack." Amara added. "Go Illana!"

"I'll start." Michael called out. "I'm going to use Ultra Ball, discarding Hex Maniac and Colress, for Shaymin-EX! Now Set up, shaymin! Set up!" Another Shaymin appeared on the field. "Ehh, not terrible. Hoopa, Scoundrel Ring!" A large, genie-like creature with 6 arms appeared from the field. Out of the hole in its chest, 3 Cards appeared. "Bench 2 Rayquazas, attach this double colourless energy to one of them." 2 green Serpent-like creatures appeared, and one of them had two white spheres with a black star in the middle of each spiralling around it. Michael looked at his hand. "Not much to do here but Mega Evolve and end my turn." A brilliant Green light surrounded one of the Rayquazas as it Mega Evolved, but Michael looked somewhat upset.

"That was a somewhat progressive turn for Michael." Amara commented. "But he seems disappointed that he couldn't get himself set up faster."

"Yes." Saylla said. "I think he realizes that if he doesn't get set up quickly and win in as little turns as possible, he will lose. Such is the life of a deck like that. No backup plan if something goes wrong."

"My turn!" Illana drew her card. "perfect! I'm going to bench Spritzee!" A small, pink, fuzzy Pokémon that looked like a fancy perfume sachet appeared. "Now, I'm going to play Level Ball twice, and grab Jirachi and Jirachi-EX!" Two more Jirachi appeared, both of them landing on the field next to Spritzee. "Stellar Guidance! I'm grabbing N! Let's shuffle!" Both players shuffled their hands into their decks, before drawing 6 cards. "Perfect! Now I'll bench Xerneas-EX-" - A large, blue stag with rainbow antlers appeared, sparkling - "- Gardevoir-EX -" -What appeared to be a human-like female Pokémon wearing a dress appeared, sparkling - "and Xerneas -" - Another Stag appeared. "Now I'll attach a spirit link to Gardevoir and end my turn!"

"My, what a productive turn." Saylla remarked. "No Energy, but getting the Second Jirachi into play is going to be crucial in the long run."

"Agreed. No switching card from michael either." Amara added. "At least, not from the way he's staring at his hand."

Michael was indeed staring at his hand rather vehemently.

"Hmph. No supporter, I can attack... why does this always happen!" Michael burst out. "Anyways, I play Battle Compressor to discard a Grass Energy and 2 Exeggcutes, now I play Mega Turbo, attach this Double Colourless Energy to Shaymin, and Retreat and Emerald Break!" Mega Rayquaza flew up into the sky before Crashing Down. Jirachi reeled back and faded away, and the card was slid out of Illana's active spot.

"Poor little Jirachi never stood a chance." Amara commented. "However, having to burn a Double to move Shaymin means that's one less for the other Jirachi to discard."

"True, True. The name of the game is patience." Saylla supplied.

"Well, now I guess would be time for the other Jirachi to hit the stage." Illana remarked and the other Jiraci moved to the active spot. "This game isn't about destroying everything with massive power. It is a game of wit and strategy. And now, I present Mega Gardevoir." Gardevoir was cloaked in a Pink Sphere, before the sphere burst, revealing a larger dress signifying Mega Evolution. "Now, for the Energy! and Staaaaaardust!" A shower of Sparkles landed on Mega Rayquaza, removing the Double Colourless Energy, before the Sparkles returned to Jirachi and formed a bubble around it.

"There. He's fallen for Illana's trap." Amara said approvingly. "Just use Stardust and wait it out."

"Once he runs out of doubles, he isn't going to be capable of mustering an attack." Saylla noticed. "Decks like these run just 7 energy."

"So wait, what does that bubble thing do?" Michael asked.

"It prevents all effects of attacks, including damage!" Illana said excitedly.

"What? That's not fair!"

"Just take your turn."

"Fine! I'll attach a double colourless energy and use Emerald Break!" Michael yelled. "oh. Wait." Rayquaza performed the attack, but the bubble simply shattered, leaving Jirachi unharmed. "Why did I do that..."

"That's what I'd like to know." Amara said. "He knows what's going to happen now."

"Perhaps he won't be so hasty next time." Saylla added.

"well, I'll attach an energy and Staaaaaaaaaardust!" Illana yelled, Jirachi performing the same action and another Double Colourless Energy was removed.

"Nooooooooooo!" Michael yelled, before seeing what his next card was. Wait. If I just hold this last double in my hand and attack next turn, she can't get rid of it! It's perfect! "Turn over."

"My, that was quick. Someone running out of options?" Illana taunted.

"Nope. All part of the plan." Michael called back. "You'll never guess it!"

"Let me guess. You have your last double in your hand and are waiting for me to pass the turn. Well, to avoid that, I'm going to play this Faaaaaaaairy Garden!" The field suddenly transformed to a serene garden filled with pink flowers with fireflies dancing everywhere. "Now I can Retreat Jirachi into Xerneas and Evolve Spritzee into Aromatisse!" Spritzee was cloaked in a white light and replaced with Aromatisse, while Xerneas move up and Jirachi moved back. "Now, I can faaaaaairy Transfer, move the energy, and Geomancy!" The field was cloaked in a rainbow light, and two more fairy energy symbols appeared, floating down to Mega Gardevoir and Xerneas-EX.

"Haha! You fell for it! You fell for it!" Michael yelled, attaching a Double Colourless Energy. "Emerald Break it!" Xerneas Faded away, and Michael celebrated.

"No, you fell for it!" Illana sent out Jirachi. "Staaaaaardust!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Michael hit a button, and the simulation abruptly ended. Saylla and Amara stood up, applauding politely.

"And Illana moves onto the finals!" Christine announced. "Who will win?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elsewhere, at the border north of the forest island, a large stomping noise could be heard, and a large black mass was moving towards the border. The guard on watch pulled out a radio transmitter. "Alert the rest of the guards that the insurgents are arriving from the north. We'll hold them off for now." He said grimly.
I managed to avoid name dropping characters to Jabber for an hour so you guys get a chapter :p

Constantine's accent is based off of my Band Teacher.

Mandy's dialogue is probably my favourite to read.

"Hello?" Said the blonde one. "What are you doing?" She was wearing a white shirt and jeans, with blonde hair that came down to the middle of her back and green eyes. On her left wrist, she had a charm bracelet with Jumpluff, Pichu, and Garchomp charms on it. She looked to be about 14.

Ohhey, Cynthia using Jumpluff and Pichu. Interesting. :p.

"Yeah, she's got hearing aids, but I forgot the batteries at home." Cynthia looked annoyed with herself.

Assuming this is minor continuity, but they were jabbering away last chapter, so the batteries were presumably there. o_O

"This red one is for Active Pokémon, and the blue and green are for benched Pokémon.

How does Sky Field work? :O

Michael cringed as he revealed a small, reindeer-like Pokémon that sparkled, revealing it to be an EX.

"Well, it looks like Michael has managed to miss his Rayquaza start both games." Saylla remarked.

/patpat

"Haha! You fell for it! You fell for it!" Michael yelled, attaching a Double Colourless Energy. "Emerald Break it!" Xerneas Faded away, and Michael celebrated.

"No, you fell for it!" Illana sent out Jirachi. "Staaaaaardust!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Michael hit a button, and the simulation abruptly ended. Saylla and Amara stood up, applauding politely.
/patpat

I managed to avoid name dropping characters to Jabber for an hour so you guys get a chapter :p
;~;

Mandy's dialogue is probably my favourite to read.
Not Constantine? That's, like, such a bummer man. :p

They have literally just died, no?
That's, like, a real bummer. Good thing that Eliza had those extra ones in her purse, man.

Otherwise, I decided, like, talking like Mandy's waaaay more fun than not talking like Mandy, man. :3

That's, like, a real bummer. Good thing that Eliza had those extra ones in her purse, man.

Otherwise, I decided, like, talking like Mandy's waaaay more fun than not talking like Mandy, man. :3
I can't wait to see all those theories in mandylish :p

Also wondering how in the name of Order Michael managed to make it to Top 4. >_>
^Skype Jabber.

Last edited by a moderator:
"In the finals, we have Jason and Illana! Who will take it home? Find out soon, as we go to a 15 minute break!" Christine announced. She took a drink of water. Casting must be hard work on your voice.

In the stands, people began to move out. Saylla, mumbling something most distinctly un-archpriestess-like, walked out of the stands. Saylla was always like that, Amara thought. She never applied for a day off, probably because as an Archpriestess she knew it would be hard to get one, but she always spent most of her time out of the chapel. She was around the people, and was well loved and respected. She would accept most challenges for battles. So she was well-versed in the Trading Card Game, more so than most of the Chapel. She was also in the country's top 15 for the amount of points she collected. How she did it without being forced out of the Chapel, Amara didn't know. But Saylla did it.

Meanwhile, Carson was sitting against a tree. He was thinking about his deck. He's just sitting there. I should ask him if he can convince my dad! He thought. He ran over a few feet, before tripping over a tree root. "Oof!" He looked up and saw that he had landed over Carson's legs. "Oh! S-sorry! I'm so clumsy!" He stood up quickly, before noticing that Carson was surprised, but not upset.

"It's... alright. I'm sure that you didn't ... mean it." He talked slowly, as though talking wasn't his main concern. "What is your name?"

"Oh! I'm Hayden. Sorry I fell into you." Hayden blushed. Well, now he's mad. Now he won't help me.

"Don't worry about it." Carson said. He was looking into Hayden's eyes intently. Hayden looked around 11, with blonde hair that was cut in a standard way, around his ears but going no further than the start of the back of his neck. His eyes were brown, his face was plain. He was wearing a burgundy T-Shirt and cargo shorts. All in all, he looked ordinary. A little too ordinary, Carson thought, but he was at the age where his parents would buy his clothes, so it did make sense to an extent. He wondered if he had stared a little too much, perhaps a second too long, but he didn't worry about it. He had an intense stare, apparently. "I'm Carson. Though since you were in the stands... I'm sure you already knew that."

"Hello, Carson. Can you help me?" Hayden asked. He was embarrassed about asking someone he just met and then fell onto for help, but it was what he had planned to do from the start. "My Dad won't let me play the Trading Card Game. He thinks it's dangerous and will lead me to a bad crowd. I was hoping you could convince him that I should play? He lets me collect so I have a lot of cards."

Carson pondered. He wasn't the kind of person that could convince people. He didn't think he was great at talking to people, especially people he'd never met. However, he was warming up to Hayden. He wish he could help.

Hayden was getting anxious waiting for Carson to respond. Is he going to help me? Actually, I wasn't expecting him to talk so slowly. Oh, I hope he isn't mad at me! He doesn't seem mad, is he hiding it? No, I don't think so. Will he say yes? Oh, I wish he would say something...

Carson saw Hayden's anxiousness and reached his conclusion. "I... can't help you with your father. That is beyond my control." Hayden looked crushed. "However, I will... assist you in another way. I will... try to teach you the game. Meet me here... next week."

Hayden was very surprised. I wasn't expecting that! But how will Dad not know? I guess he has it covered. This is so exciting!! Before thinking about it, Hayden ran over and quickly hugged Carson, before running off to watch the finals. "Thank you!"

Carson looked shocked. He stood up and went to watch the finals.

Saylla walked to the boats. The Chapel had noticed her absence and demanded her return. "Who am I to argue? I have to set a good example." She drawled out the sentence, throughly disgusted. She got to the shore, and a boat appeared, like usual. As she was getting in, she accidentally dislodged the paddles. They were swept away by the current. "Blast. Now what?"

"Excuse me. Are you the Archpriestess Saylla?" Someone asked.

Saylla looked around. "Down here!" The voice called out. Saylla looked down and saw a girl of about 15 years treading water. She had light brown hair in a ponytail, and was wearing a blue swimsuit. "Hello there. Yes, I'm Saylla. And now I'm up a creek without a paddle." Saylla replied.

"My name is Ingrid. I can take your boat to the other side for you, Miss Saylla." Ingrid replied. She moved around to the front of the boat and grabbed the rope at the front. "I look to enter the Chapel when I get older. I look up to you."

Saylla smiled a hollow smile. "I'm not a role model if you want to get into the chapel. Which I don't advise. Follow your heart and desires, don't let them be chosen for you."

Meanwhile, around the stadium....

A teenage boy was sitting on a rock. He had black hair that came down to and covered one of his eyes, like Carson, though he had an air of sadness around him. Two more teenagers walked towards them, both dressed in the style of the day. "Hey, Herbert!" One said. "How's it going?"

Herbert looked up at that. "Fine... I guess. I'm going to mope around here." The two other boys left Herbert to do who-knows-what. A woman in her early 20s was jogging past, towards the northern end, where one could barely make out Eliza and Kiara battling. On the far south, past where Miguel was fishing and Constantine was plotting, a girl looking around 14 was playing guitar and singing a country tune. A boy and a girl were gathered around her, listening and enjoying the song. Another young man was dancing with a young woman to the beat. To the east, a boy around 14 was listening to the radio, sorting through photographs.

As Carson passed through the stands, he was looking for Hayden. He had begun to feel comfortable around him. However, he was seated in a place with no available seats to sit next to him. Carson's face remained impassive, but he smiled with excitement as he sat down to watch the finals, next to a young man with a long beard.

Little did they know it was all about to change...

finally done!

Last edited:
Whoa, that was, like, such an awesome chapter, man. Really groovy, for sure. I don't know if I can do any theory stuff, yet, though, man. Sorry. :(

I totally love the plot development of Carson and Hayden and Saylla, man. They're all starting to, like, totally be some of the grooviest characters in the story.

Sorry if you already said this, man, but, like, how old is Saylla? Or are ya just gonna ICNCND that.

Totally looking forward to the next chapter, man! :)

Yup, talking like Mandy's a ton of fun.

"The dice has been rolled! Jason will be going first!" Christine yelled. But then the radio next to Christine came on, super loud.

"Attention to all people in the continent of Lianin. This is a message from the government. The border has fallen and a group of rebellious soldiers are coming this way. Everyone at the northern park should evacuate to the inner city. This is not a drill. I repeat. This is not a drill."

As if on cue, a loud rumbling was heard in the distance. Eliza quickly shut down the simulation battle. "We'd best be going."

"Cynthia, what's going on?" Kiara asked.

"I'm not really sure myself. Eliza?" Cynthia directed the question to Eliza. She knew it was somewhat familiar, but she didn't want to answer it right now.

"Just follow me, and I'll explain it later." Eliza began running. Cynthia shrugged, packed the discs in her bag, grabbed Kiara's hand, and took off.

In the stadium, the silence descended upon everyone as the reality of what they just heard sank in. Then, panic. People were running through the stands towards the boats. Carson ran out of the stand and stopped. He could make out some blurred shapes in the distance. However, he couldn't make out what the shapes were.

"Tyrantrum and Seismitoad." A voice said behind him.

"Oh, hey Illana. Should we get out of here?" Carson asked, trivially, as though they were discussing the weather.

"Sure. Let's go." The two of them ran for the boats. On their way, they found Hayden, who had tripped over a tree root. Illana sighed a little, picked him up, and kept running. On the southern end, Mandy and Constantine were also running for a boat. Amara had a boat ready with about 10 other people in it, and a swimmer girl in the water. "Let's go! Hurry!" Everyone climbed in the boat. By now, the army was at the stadium. "Paddle!" someone yelled, nobody was quite sure who, but everyone
complied, paddling in a randomized way that wasn't working. "We're not getting anywhere!" "We're doomed!" "Keep paddling!" The swimmer in the water began to point the boat in the direction of the other shore. "Stroke! Stroke! Stroke!" Slowly, the boat righted itself and moved forwards. The army was approaching quickly, but the boat was finally moving forward amidst a pod of other boats doing the same thing to varying degrees of success. Once they hit the other bank, the swimmer got out of the water, grabbed her bag, and everyone was running around, panicking. Hayden looked around and saw a familiar van...

"Dad!" Hayden yelled. "Over here!"

"Hayden!" Hayden's Dad yelled. "Get some people and get into the van!"

Hayden complied, and pulled as many people into his Dad's van as would fit. The two people nearest the door closed it, and the Dad took off.

On the road, Hayden looked up. He looked around and decided that most of the people were somehow familiar. He was about to ask about it when his Dad spoke.

"Alright, I've been listening to the radio. My house is on what they call the 'defence line', so it's going to need defence. That's where you all come in. You'd be as good as dead without my van taking you, so you guys are going to help defend my house. It's a pretty big and old house with lots of room for all of you. Now, let's start with introductions. My name is Angora."

"Nice to meet you, Angora." said the orange-robed priestess. "I am Amara. By any chance, are you a soldier?"

There was a charged tension in the air. "...No." Angora finally said. Amara could tell the conversation wasn't one he wanted to have, so she dropped it. "Illana! Oh good, you're here! I was so worried!" Amara threw her arms around her daughter.

"Yes, Mom. I'm alright." Illana rolled her eyes at her mother's affection, but found it understandable. "ANYWAYS, I'm Illana. This here is my Mom."

The girl in the tye-dye answered next. "I'm Mandy, man. This whole gig is like, totally not groovy, man."

The naming continued" "I'm Darin. I like bugs." "Bugs? Ick. Whatever, I'm Ariel." "I am Constantine." "...Carson." "The name's Harrisan." "Omarro. énchanté." "My name is Hayden." "My name's Cynthia. This is my Sister, Kiara." "Eliza. Pleasure to meet you." There were a few more, but Carson was looking out the window and had lost focus. He'd just find out later.

Amara was also thinking, though more thinking about how her life would change now that she was on guard. As a priestess, she was required to go to mass prayer every day, though it might be important now as the defensive chants from the mage priests and priestesses could usually keep things like this at bay. She decided that she might end up skipping some to defend the big city. She was also nervous for Illana's safety, though Illana was a competent battler. Her thoughts were interrupted by Illana, of all people.

"Okay, what decks are we going to play? I saw a lot of Seismitoad and Tyrantrum decks, so ideally we'd like to pilot decks that don't lose to them."

"That's a good idea. We should probably use our collective pool of cards to our advantage." Carson said. He patted himself down and pulled out his deck box... only to find that half his cards had fallen out. "No!" he scanned through the deck. "Okay, looks like most of my staples are here, thankfully. Unfortunately, looks like I'm going to need to retool my deck. Hmm..."

The Van pulled over at the house. "Everyone in!" Angora yelled. Everyone complied, grabbing their bags and running into the large house. Angora locked the door behind them. "Alright, we've got a bit of time. There's a meeting room upstairs, let's meet and get ready." Everyone took their bags upstairs and got out their binders. "Dad, can I watch?" Hayden said.

"Fine, son, but don't go near those disks or anything. Got it?" Angora was stern about this.

"Fine..." Hayden knew when to not argue. He went to sit down next to Carson, who was sitting at a table with almost everyone else, arranging and trading cards to build their decks. Mandy was walking around, asking people about their decks.

"So, what deck are you playing, man?" She asked Darin. "Is that like, Durant with Mew, man?"

"Yes, it is." Said Darin, slightly jaded. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"Well man, we're facing Seismitoad, man. Can you deck handle item lock, man? Because it's like, such a bummer if it can't, man."

"Just please, leave me alone so I can concentrate." Mandy walked down to Carson's area.

"Is that like, Virizion with Genesect, man?"

"Yep. It doesn't really like Tyrantrum, but oh well. What deck are you playing, Mandy?"

"I'm like, playing this groovy card called Meganium, man. It like, totally wins against Seismitoad, man."

"Well, how do you beat Tyrantrum?" At this, Mandy paused. "Well like, I guess I could fight the seismitoads off, man."

At this point, Angora and Amara came out from a back room. "Okay. Mr. Angora and I have come up with a plan. There's about 24 of us here, not counting Angora, who -" Amara said before being cut off by Angora.

"Won't battle for personal reasons. I also refuse to let my son, Hayden, battle for the same reasons I won't. I also don't want the little girl to battle, but I can't stop her from doing so." Most people figured out that he was referring to Kiara.

"So. We're going to split ourselves into two even groups. After which -" Before Amara could finish, she was interrupted by everyone moving at once to split themselves off. Amara could see Angora becoming more visibly frustrated. After they had some semblance of groups, someone had a question.

"Hey, there's 12 of us on one team and 11 things on the other team!" He called out.

"What's your name?" Amara asked.

"My name? Oh, it's Kyle." Kyle said. "And the other group is short a person."

"Well, I guess I'll have to join that group. You!" She pointed to another person, a girl with wavy blonde hair that came down to her shoulders, wearing a pink puffy dress, as though she were a princess.

"Eek! Y-yes?" The girl said. "I'm Rayanne, by the way."

"Hello, Rayanne. I think I see some chart paper by your feet. Could you pass it here?" Amara said. Rayanne picked up the chart paper and passed it to Amara, who proceeded to write down the groups for when someone inevitably forgot:

Group A: Group B:
Amara Illana
Mastielle Carson
Lucy Terry
Constantine Darin
Ingrid Ariel
Emile Mandy
Rayanne Miguel
Hilda Eliza
Jesse Kyle
Herbert Ricky
Harrisan Cynthia
Omarro Kiara

"So each of these groups is going to battle non-stop for 8 hours, then switch with the other group. Got it?" Angora continued. Everyone nodded. "Now that that's out of the way, we have about 48 hours until they get to us. The army reports that they've set up some camp at the river bed. Now -" Angora was interrupted by Eliza.

"How do you know this?" She asked. "I've been trying to create a radio that could pick up military frequencies for years now."

"Not important. We've got a few tasks to do. First, Eliza. You look like a mechanics student, so we're going to need your help. We need to design a ring around the house that will stop people from entering or activating a battle with people in the house. Okay?"

"Got it. I'm going to need some parts and perhaps two assistants." Eliza said. "Rayanne and Lucy, could you help?"

"Sure." Said Lucy. Lucy was a girl who was around 15, moderately tall, and had blonde hair going down to her shoulders with a blue streak in it. She was also holding a guitar. "We're going to need parts, aren't we?"

"Well, we only have one car." Said Rayanne "And a lot of stuff to do. How will this work?"

"The junkyard connects to the underground tunnels." Cynthia said. Following this, there was a stunned silence. "What? I know about the tunnels. Don't most of you? It's much faster than just walking around above ground, provided you don't get lost!"

"No. We have a network of tunnels?" Ariel said.

"Fascinating." Eliza said.

"ANYWAYS, who does know about these tunnels?" Illana said. most of them raised their hands, including herself, Carson, Amara, Kiara, Eliza, Ariel, a man who looked like an Archeologist, Miguel, and most of the others. "Okay, that's a lot of you. Who does know about these tunnels?" Angora, Mandy, Hayden, Cynthia, and a jogging woman raised their hand. "Okay, that's easier."

"Well then. I'll take the build team to the junkyard." Cynthia said.

"Wait! Go down to the ground floor in the pantry on the right of the kitchen. There's a door that leads to a staircase that leads to a tunnel in the back." Angora called out.

"Got it." Cynthia turned and ran out the door. Eliza, Rayanne, and Lucy followed her. A device on Amara's arm began ringing. She sighed. "Do the tunnels go to the chapel?"

"No, they don't." Said a woman in a jogging outfit. "I've ran all over those tunnels, and I haven't found an exit that leads to the Chapel. I'm Hilda, by the way."

"Alright, Hilda." Amara said. "I can't miss this, so could I take the car?"

"Sure." Said Angora. "Actually, you! Geologist!"

"It's Archeologist." Said the Archeologist. "The name's Terry. Terry Dactyl. I'll drive the priestess down and bring the car back so we can use it later in case we need to use it later." And with that, Terry and Amara ran out of the room.

"Everyone under the age of 18, I'd recommend you call your parents and inform them of what you're doing, but if you don't want to, that's fine. Now, we're going to need groceries. Let's go. Hayden, can you take us to where the grocery store is?"

"Sure." Hayden said. He waved to Carson, and Hayden, Angora, Kyle, and Constantine left to get groceries, with a word from Angora to help the build team when they came back. Everyone else continued building decks. Carson was staring at his deck and wondering how he was supposed to beat a Tyrantrum deck he encountered without a really good start. "Hmm..."

"What's up, Carson?" Illana said. She looked at his deck. "Tyrantrum problems?"

"You know it." Carson replied. "I'm not sure how to beat it."

"Well, one idea is to tech in some faaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous fairies!" Illana posed, doing a three-quarter turn and putting out her right hand in front of her; Carson saw she was now wearing white gloves on each hand. She reached into her duel disk and pulled out two cards. "Presenting the amaaaaaaaaaaazing Sylveon-EX!" Carson looked at the card. "Even with a muscle band, it's still 10 damage short of a knockout, Illana..." Carson replied. At this, Illana put her hand to her forehead and staggered around for a few seconds.

"Though, Illana, you have given me an idea." Carson said. Just like that, Illana ran over to Carson. "Ooh, what is it?"

"Well, Steam Siege just dropped, right? So what if I use - hey, can I borrow these - these Ho-oh EX and a toolbox of attackers with that new supporter, Ninja boy, to switch out the Ho-oh for something from my deck?"

"Carson, that's GENIUS!" Illana cried. "Wait, when did Steam Siege come out? Today?"

"Yep, today. I haven't even gotten a pack yet."

"Well, that's a problem." Illana mused. "Mom's got the van, and it would take hours to walk to the inner city."

"I know! Let's ask that Hilda lady to take us through the tunnels!" Carson exclaimed.

"Hey, could you get some Pokémon Rangers for the rest of us?" Ariel called out.

"Sure!" Illana said.

"It's the fastest way through the town, according to Cynthia. Let's GO!!" Illana dropped her duel disk on her seat, and ran out the door. Carson heard a crash. He opened the door and saw that Illana was lying in a heap on the third floor landing. "There's stairs here... lots of stairs..."

"This, Illana, is why I always let someone else go first." Carson laughed, and they continued down the stairs to the first floor, where they found Hilda cleaning out the pantry with the help of Ricky and Mastielle. "Hey Hilda, could you take us through the tunnels?"

"Not now, we're cleaning out the pantry. Mandy and some others headed down there." Hilda said. "Take the Pantry on the right." She gestured to a pantry towards the right, which was now empty, but all the boxes and spices and everything else were scattered around the room, which Hilda, Mastielle, and Ricky were placing into various cupboards and cabinets. "Mr. Angora isn't a very good housekeeper..."

Carson and Illana ran through the door and took a left turn. "I wonder if people just randomly enter other people's houses through the tunnels?" Carson mused.

"I don't know. Honours system, maybe?" They kept walking. It was eerie in the tunnels, though the tunnels were vast. "Carson, did you ever think that this is a sewage pipe?"

"It looks way too clean to be a sewage pipe. I'm more concerned about the lack of any sort of signs pointing to where we're going, really." It was true. There was spot where the path too a sharp right, a gentle left, or kept going straight. "Now what?"

"Left?" Illana asked.

"Right." Carson said. Then he went left and Illana went right. "No, I meant left."

"Well, you said right!" Illana accused him. After a few seconds of staring at eachother in silence, Illana noticed something in the left tunnel. "Is that Miss Saylla?"

Carson turned around. He vaguely saw a while shape moving in their direction. "Her or a ghost."

"Well, should we ask her for directions?" Illana asked. "And maybe why she's here instead of at the prayer service?"

"Well, I can't blame her for ditching the prayer service. If I were her, I wouldn't want to go sitting in a stuffy cathedral all day." Carson said.

"Hey, it's more than that!" Illana yelled. "I'll have you -" she was interrupted. "Hey! Carson! Illana!"

"Oh, hello, Cynthia." Carson said. Cynthia was coming down the right side with Lucy, Rayanne, and Eliza, who were carrying a wagon of parts.

"Hi! What are you two doing down here?" Cynthia asked. 'And why were you arguing?"

"Not important. Could you point us in the general direction of the card store?" Carson asked. "These tunnels are so confusing."

"Well, I have to lead the build team back and help them out, but if you keep going straight you'll find the PlayUnderGround." Cynthia said. "The PlayUnderGround is the main area of the underground. there's a playground, some stands that change daily, a small battle arena, a river, and it connects to everything. Heck, there's even housing!"

"Really? Cool!" Carson exclaimed. "So we just keep going straight, right?"

"Yep! There's a directory you can follow there! See you!" And with that, the build team ran off towards the house.

"ANYWAYS, let's keep going before the store closes." Illana said, and the two of them broke out into a run. After they had left, Saylla stepped out into the corridor they were just in and went through the right passage.

"Hellooo! We're home!!" Rayanne announced as they carried the wagon up the stairs and into the kitchen... to find a huge mess. Boxes and Pans were everywhere, and the kitchen was a mess. "Whoah, did a Tornadus come through here or something?"

Ricky looked up. "No, we're cleaning the kitchen. It was a huge mess. If you need people to help you build your contraption, there's still a lot of people upstairs."

"Cool. I'll go get them." And with that, Rayanne took off upstairs. While Lucy and Eliza moved the wagon full of parts outside, Cynthia took a minute to revel in what she could see of the house. The first floor of the house was very open, with a small mudroom by the front door, and most of the space being taken up by the Kitchen and dining area, though the table was small. To the left of the kitchen, there was a small living room with a TV in it and a couch. To the right, there was an office where Angora presumably worked in. There was two washrooms on the ground floor, and the kitchen had a lot of storage space and two pantries, one of which was in the process of being dismantled and repacked into the rest of the kitchen. In the corner of the kitchen, there was a staircase. The second floor was mostly open, just a balcony with a few rooms on it. Cynthia couldn't see the third floor from where she was standing, and knew that the whole fourth floor was one small room with some tables in it with another small room she hadn't seen in yet. Her desire to explore was quickly removed and replaced with surprise by a loud crash. Mastielle was standing amidst a field of pots which she had just knocked over.

"You know, for a family of two, Mr. Angora sure has a lot of stuff and a really big house." She mused. Rayanne had come downstairs with Herbert, Omarro, Ingrid, Emile, Terry, who had gotten back while she was out, and Jesse, so Cynthia joined the build team outside.

Carson and Illana were jogging when they came out into a large, surprisingly well-lit area. "Wow..." they both said in awe. Cynthia's small description of the PlayUnderGround didn't do it justice. It was a massive underground chamber with a river flowing through the middle, full of clean water. In the river, there were people splashing and playing, and Miguel was even fishing to no apparent luck. There was a boat at the southern end. A bridge crossed the river to a raised-ish platform with small booths, where people were selling foods and crafts. To the left, there was the namesake playground, on which lots of children were playing. Behind the playground, there was a large hallway with the sign that said "Housing", where the people who lived here took residence. And near the playground was a map, presumably of the tunnels.

"Goodness..." Carson said. "I never imagined that there would be a place like this under the city!"

"Yeah, for sure!" Illana said. "This is a-maaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!" she ran over to the map. "Alright! So we need to get on the boat and sail down to the second stop, afterwards we take the third tunnel on the right, then the first ladder we come across. Got that?"

"Yep, let's get going." The two of them ran across the bridge to the boat on the far side, which was attached to the wall and rowed down the wall to the side it was on. Illana jumped in, followed by Carson, and the boat took them to the stop. They got out, and it pushed itself back. "This is really cool."

"Definitely. Now, first ladder on the left..." Illana said, and they climbed out into the sunlight. Or, they would have, if it wasn't in a small, dilapidated building. "Whoah. So this is how they don't get found out? I'm guessing the government doesn't know about these tunnels."

"Probably not. Now keep cool." Carson said, and they walked out the door and into the light. They were met by Hayden, who was running ahead of Angora, Kyle, and Constantine. "Hey, Hayden!"

"Hi Carson! We just got groceries!" Hayden said, pointing to the groceries that the other three were carrying. "What are you two doing out here?"

"Well, we're on a run to get cards. You see, a new set has been released." Illana explained. "And we're on the run to get some staples for everyone."

"There's a new set?" Hayden exclaimed. "Dad, can I go with them? You know the tunnels as well as I do."

"Alright, sure. But don't be gone more than an hour!" Angora exclaimed, then the three of them quickly vanished into the shed.

"I wonder how Mr. Angora will react to the organization going on." Carson remarked. To clear Hayden's confusion, he continued: "Rayanne, Hilda, and Ricky are organizing the kitchen."

"Oh. Dad wasn't good at organizing. That was Mom's job." Hayden explained. "You should see Dad's office."

"Is that the one on the first floor? It looked so clean." Illana mused.

"No, that was Mom's. Dad's is on the third floor." Hayden continued his explanation. "Oh hey, we're here!"

They were in fact at the card store. It looked like the other buildings on the street, except it had a large poster of Volcanion and Magearna on the front. Inside, the store was very open, with shelves of singles and packs lining the walls, a desk at the far end, and tables in the middle, on which people were playing and trading, as though the world wasn't slowly crumbling around outside the city. The air was so familiar that Carson was tempted to sit down in the nearest chair and ask Illana for a battle. But they had a job to do, so they went looking for singles. Hayden found a pack and pulled out some money from his pocket, presumably his allowance.

"Here's the Ninja Boy! How many do you need?" Illana called out. "Two? Three?"

"Two, I'd say. I can fish it out with Stellar Guidance." Carson replied. "Ranger, Ranger, Ranger...."

"They can't seriously be out of rangers already!" Illana complained. "Oh! Found them! How many of us are there?"

"In terms of actual battling, I think there's 24 of us?" Carson replied. "One, two, three..." He began counting through the cards. "Drat. 20."

"Well..." Illana produced a bag and pulled out hers and Carson's binder. "Time to haggle?"

"You had that on you the whole time and I didn't notice?" Carson was shocked. "How?"

"A lady NEVER reveals her secrets, Carson." She handed him his binder. "Let's get to it."

And with that, the two of them began asking around.

Meanwhile, at the Chapel, Amara had just finished service. Normally, she would stay longer and focus on her magic abilities, but she knew she would be needed at Angora's house. The chapel was a large, beautifully built building on an island to the southwest of the town. The building was made of quartz with three spires at the top and a square-like base with water flowing off of it at certain intervals. There were several walkways around the outside and the entire area hummed with a certain energy like the magic Amara was somewhat capable of controlling. The first floor of the building was a service floor, built for the general public. It was high-celinged with painted windows and benches for sitting, with a mural of the ancient queen Ahrohr in the back. Off to the side, there was a small funeral area in case a priest or priestess were to die, they would have a funeral there. Their body would be placed into a coffin, and then after the funeral service, the bottom would open up and place the body in a cleansing river, which would float downstream to a graveyard. The second floor was reserved for the priests and priestesses, where they attended daily prayer to restore their magical energy. It was built like the first floor, but with bigger stained-glass windows to allow a rainbow light to seep into the room, creating a beautiful vision. There was also a third floor where the six reigning Archpriests and Archpriestesses lived and guarded the three treasures. Amara turned into an entranceway and found a staircase, to which she went down and found...

"Milady Saylla!" Amara said. "Oh, thank goodness you're safe!"

"Just Saylla, please." Saylla said. "And yes, I managed to get out before the accident at the border. Shame, really. I loved that park..."

"Hopefully they'll be err... removed soon." Amara said. "Are you on the outer line?"

"No, though I can't help but wish I was. It'd be a good excuse to get out of this stuffy cathedral." Saylla replied. Amara could sense some bitterness in her voice, though she didn't ask. "Are you on the outer line?"

"Yep. I'm defending a house owned by Mr. Angora near the park. There's about... twenty-six of us there."

"Wow! What a large place! Got room for one more?" Saylla asked. From there, Marran, the head priest, heard and began to scold Saylla. "You are the most important person in this chapel and I will not allow you to risk your life!" It continued. Amara sighed and, remembering she had forgotten a phone, set out to walk back to the house. She found a Taxi on the way and decided to take that home.

Carson, Hayden and Illana has just bought the cards and were starting to walk home, with the Pokémon Rangers and Ninja boys. Illana had also found a few Karens, though with a lack of Night March Illana wasn't sure what use they would be. Hayden had opened his pack and gotten a Volcanion, but no Ultra Rares, though he was still quite happy. They ducked into the tunnels and got on a boat, which barely had room for four people.

"School field trips down here must be a mess." Illana remarked.

"Schools don't go down here." Hayden explained, sounding somewhat like a tour guide. "The first rule of the underground: Don't talk about the underground."

"I feel like I've heard that somewhere before..." Carson thought. Afterwards, they continued talking happily as they walked back to the house. On their way, they ran into Mandy and Constantine arguing over wether commercialization was good or not.

Hilda was showing everyone the new organization system. She had made it much easier to find things and her and Angora were now organizing the new groceries when Carson, Illana, and Hayden came in. "Special delivery!" Illana called out. "Presenting the amaaaaaaaaaaaazing Pokémon Ranger!" she held out the cards. Realizing everyone was busy, she ran to put the cards on top of everyone's deck boxes, while Hayden took Carson upstairs to show him around. Behind them, Miguel came in, disappointed that he hadn't caught a single fish. A few minutes later, Amara came in and began to cook dinner.

Up on the second floor, Hayden was pulling Carson by the hand to his room. "Ow! Hayden, I'm not as fast as you are!." Hayden turned quickly into a bedroom. It was somewhat small, with pale orange coloured walls that were decorated with posters from various sets. There was a bed in the corner with some drawers on the bottom and a bedside table with more drawers. The room itself was surprisingly tidy, and there was no closet. The only other visible thing in the room was a bookshelf, with two shelves full of books and the third full of bins containing cards and a few binders. "Wow, this room sure is clean."

"Yep! I try to keep it that way. Dad's messy, so he needs a good example to follow." Hayden said. He was bouncing slightly. "So, do you want to see my collection?"

"Sure!"

Some of you probably noted Carson's shift in speech. This actually reflects how I speak in real life. If I don't want to talk, I'll talk in a more broken way and try to end the conversation. Once I've warmed up, I'll talk normally.

Some of you are also probably wondering why it took forever for me to put out a chapter, so I tried to make up for that with the length.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
This was a great chapter! Very interesting to read. I only have a few things that bugged me.
The introduction of the army attack felt a little random to me, but I realize this was based off a dream, so that's fine. I also felt like far too many names were introduced in too short of time. I'm not sure I could remember them all. ^^;
Also, this.
"Yes, it is." Said Darin, slightly Jaded.
You capitalized jaded.
We do not want to be
images
ed.

Last edited:
This was a great chapter! Very interesting to read. I only have a few things that bugged me.
The introduction of the army attack felt a little random to me, but I realize this was based off a dream, so that's fine. I also felt like far too many names were introduced in too short of time. I'm not sure I could remember them all. ^^;
Also, this.

You capitalized jaded.
We do not want to be
images
ed.
Hey, thanks! The dream's a few months old, but what I distinctly remember was the army attack being completely random. Or, I forgot the buildup.
Also, the names was an issue I considered. Chances are the story will only focus on five or so characters per chapter, with the rest just being side characters.

And who's Jade?

I have one thing to say: ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS

ANYWAYS (Okay, I'll stop now), this was a pretty good chapter! Illana is all over the place and I love it. She reminds me a lot of Amber or Sakura. I also noticed the Fight Club reference, which was cool.

Also, if I'm not wrong, Steam Siege and BREAKthrough exist but not Generations/Pokékyun? Jolteon is your solution to all of this...

I have one thing to say: ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS ANYWAYS

ANYWAYS (Okay, I'll stop now), this was a pretty good chapter! Illana is all over the place and I love it. She reminds me a lot of Amber or Sakura. I also noticed the Fight Club reference, which was cool.

Also, if I'm not wrong, Steam Siege and BREAKthrough exist but not Generations/Pokékyun? Jolteon is your solution to all of this...
I decided just to bring everyone up to speed, so Fates Collide and Generations are in this.

Did a full reread, since it's been a while.

A few things I noticed, in no particular order:
  • Angora. Angora Angora Angora. He's hiding something. I want to say he was once affiliated with the Seis/Tyrant army, but left or something and now shuns Pokémon battling due to some experience he had while with the army. I can't say exactly what makes me think that––there's no real evidence. Just a gut instinct, I guess.
  • Saylla's title has been confirmed. She's an archpriestess. What does this mean? No idea. But I'll take whatever exposition I can get.
  • Jason's gone.
  • We have a full list of characters confirmed now. Here it is, with my annotations:
Amara: A priestess of the religion we know next to nothing about, except that its followers congregate in a chapel, and its priests and priestesses exchange all their free time for the ability to use magic. Mother of Illana. If she plays the TCG, we have no idea what deck she uses.
Illana: A fairly competent player of the TCG. Also fairly annoying, IMO. Daughter of Amara. Uses M-Gardevoir/Aromatisse.
Mastielle: We have absolutely no idea who this is.
Carson:
The in-world avatar of our author. He's skilled in the TCG, making it to the Top 4, but has now lost half his deck. Formerly played Flareon. Now plays VirGen.
Lucy: I hesitate to draw links between characters when there's nothing linking them, but Lucy does share a name with Lucy Raven, a very minor antagonist from TGK's other story, A New Day. She plays a guitar. No idea what deck she plays.
Terry: We saw Terry once in the very first chapter, where he was excavating fossils and found a Jaw Fossil, our first hint as to the plot. His name, as per typical TGK, is a pun. If he plays the TCG, we have no idea what deck he uses.
Constantine: A businessman intent on purchasing land on the island for his own personal gain. If he plays the TCG, we have no idea what deck he uses.
Darin: Seems to like bugs. Plays Durant (NVI?)/Mew (FCL?).
Ingrid: A young woman of fifteen years, with aspirations to join the Chapel. She seems to revere Saylla. If she plays the TCG, we have no idea what deck she uses.
Ariel: Seems to dislike bugs. Possibly related to Darin, as she appeared in the same scene as him in the first chapter. No idea what deck she plays.
Emile: We have absolutely no idea who this is.
Mandy: TGK's personal favorite character. Mine, too, if you only take into account these twenty-four. She speaks with a very specific inflection, which seems to lead to her annoying a few other members of the twenty-four. She plays Meganium BKP.
Rayanne: Wears a pink dress; possibly indicative of playing Fairies.
Miguel: Mentioned once back in the first chapter, portrayed as a bit of a ladies' man. Hasn't been mentioned since. No idea what deck he plays.
Hilda: An organization expert. No idea what deck she plays.
Eliza: A student in mechanics. Well versed in the intricacies of duel discs. Makes an early friendship with Cynthia and Kiara. Not sure what deck she plays––perhaps something with Bronzong, reflecting her mechanical expertise.
Jesse: Only mentioned, iirc. Not sure who he is, or what he plays.
Kyle: Voiced a question in the initial meeting; hasn't been seen before or since then. No idea what he plays.
Herbert: Seems to like to mope around, as per Chapter 3. No idea what he would play.
Ricky:
Don't know him either.
Harrisan: If Harrison from AND is based off a Harrison TGK knows IRL, it seems reasonable to assume Harrisan would be, too. Might be able to get insight as to his personality from evidence in AND.
Cynthia: Sister of Kiara. Has charms on her bracelet depicting Jumpluff, Pichu, and Garchomp. The Pichu is fairly standard, as it's TGK. The Jumpluff is a reference to Cynthia from AND. Garchomp is the last one. Perhaps she plays Garchomp?
Omarro: Speaks French, it seems. Don't know anything else about him.
Kiara: Sister of Cynthia. Uses hearing aids. We know she plays the TCG, but we don't know what deck she uses.

Color-coded to reflect how many times we have seen them in scenes of consequence (being any scene in which they have more than one sentence describing them). Red is no appearances, orange is one, yellow is two, green is three or more.

Cynthia: Sister of Kiara. Has charms on her bracelet depicting Jumpluff, Pichu, and Garchomp. The Pichu is fairly standard, as it's TGK. The Jumpluff is a reference to Cynthia from AND. Garchomp is the last one. Perhaps she plays Garchomp?
Maybe she's a descendant of Pokemon's Cynthia... And since most Pokemon are just cards, yet Terry unearthed a Tyrunt fossil, maybe this is the Pokemon world millions of years in the future...

I actually think Cynthia is the Cynthia from AND. Also, Terry Dactyl should totally use a Fossil-based deck. Maybe he stole Tyrantrum EX cards from the opposing team... What if Terry was a double crosser? Let the stretching and theories begin.

"Nice to meet you, Angora." said the orange-robed priestess. "I am Amara. By any chance, are you a soldier?"

There was a charged tension in the air. "...No." Angora finally said. Amara could tell the conversation wasn't one he wanted to have, so she dropped it.
I think this helps the theory that Angora was on the other side at one point. Reason being Angora doesn't want to talk about what he is for a job. It's a bit of a stretch, but who knows?

Back