old schooler tryin to catch up

afrokid

Aspiring Trainer
Ok well im trying to get in to pokemon the card game again ive been mainly a vs sytem/yu gi oh player but been bored lately with my homies. so we all pulled out are pokemon cards we have had for like 5000 years. Right now we play kitchen style play but are planning to move forward to real tornments. so im kinda confuse on the {new format} so you can only play cards reprinted from those sets I saw in another thread and is their any other formats types of game play I tryed searchin for info but couldnt find not even on the official website.

For official tournements, there's only the HP-on format, any other format is just caual play. Which is stuff that's, I think, 2006- onwards, roughly. Unlimited is using whatever cards from all sets, though most of the time it requires more recent cards to abuse the fairer energy: damage ratio of the newer sets and the incrediably powerful trainers of the older sets that made up for the extreme suckiness of the old cards. Some leagues may offer DX-on or RS-on, which is just previous formats, though with the cards you have it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference.

Back