Discussion Okay, Tapu Lele-GX's Price is Outrageous

Well to each their own certainly but I certainly don't feel the need to invest in max rarity stuff when a regular Tapu Lele GX does the same thing as the (money grubbing) RR Tapu Lele GX for example. Doesn't mean if somehow the chance came along I wouldn't take it, but I'm not going to go out of the way to do it either. This game is getting costly enough without the max rarity stuff, if somehow I ever got a regional invite or whatever which is pretty unlikely the cards still work the same.

I agree with @Otaku on this one and is something I'm going to consider doing for my card game. If a card that is intended to be playable has three arts in the same set, why have them all tied to the ultra rare rarity. It's a little different in this case since all Pokemon-GX are ultra rare but the base, entry level version of the card should be a bit more accessible than the bling-out version and should one want to have a RR Tapu Lele-GX, they will have to pay more for it. No one complains that Ultra Ball (both SR versions) are expensive, because the entry level version of the card is 20 cents and most other staples don't ever break two bucks. Now, if Ultra Ball was only obtainable as a SR (as the SR Rayquaza did some years ago) and was very playable to demand four copies in a deck, then there is a problem.

Let's say that Ultra Ball, which is a four of in every deck since its release was locked behind the Ultra Rare rarity and demanded a 120 dollar price tag. Don't focus on the price too much since, while its a factor for most, isn't something to be focused on for my next statement. Would someone honestly say a person isn't trying to be competitive because someone can't afford 480 dollars for a playset of cards? Whether or not its 150 or 500 dollars, not everyone can afford the entry level of the card, in this example, the UR Ultra Ball.

Even Yugioh fixed this. They made cards like Mirror Force, which was locked behind the Ultra Rare rarity was made as a common and released in a theme deck. No one is suggesting that Tapu Lele-GX be made as a common in a theme deck but it isn't too much to ask for a promo of it that reduces the entry level price of the card since ten bucks is more accessible than 50.

I agree with @Otaku on this one and is something I'm going to consider doing for my card game. If a card that is intended to be playable has three arts in the same set, why have them all tied to the ultra rare rarity. It's a little different in this case since all Pokemon-GX are ultra rare but the base, entry level version of the card should be a bit more accessible than the bling-out version and should one want to have a RR Tapu Lele-GX, they will have to pay more for it. No one complains that Ultra Ball (both SR versions) are expensive, because the entry level version of the card is 20 cents and most other staples don't ever break two bucks. Now, if Ultra Ball was only obtainable as a SR (as the SR Rayquaza did some years ago) and was very playable to demand four copies in a deck, then there is a problem.

Let's say that Ultra Ball, which is a four of in every deck since its release was locked behind the Ultra Rare rarity and demanded a 120 dollar price tag. Don't focus on the price too much since, while its a factor for most, isn't something to be focused on for my next statement. Would someone honestly say a person isn't trying to be competitive because someone can't afford 480 dollars for a playset of cards? Whether or not its 150 or 500 dollars, not everyone can afford the entry level of the card, in this example, the UR Ultra Ball.

Even Yugioh fixed this. They made cards like Mirror Force, which was locked behind the Ultra Rare rarity was made as a common and released in a theme deck. No one is suggesting that Tapu Lele-GX be made as a common in a theme deck but it isn't too much to ask for a promo of it that reduces the entry level price of the card since ten bucks is more accessible than 50.
@Otaku I get what you mean now. @crystal_pidgeot explained it well. However, I think it should be the same, but opposite. I think that they should release the SR second to maintain its' value, actually a lot like Tapu Bulu GX, and like the said Ultra Ball. But when you mean "entry level" and "commons" does that mean that it's an exact reprint, or just a basic, non-GX version of the card with the same basic abilities? I'm guessing you mean exact reprint because of the given examples. The SR Rayquaza was super expensive at one point, but when the non-SR came out, the SR dropped like a rock. But if it followed the same pattern as the other BLW secret rares, it would have had a non-SR version first. Even though it would still end in it being let's say-$40, the people who bought it for 90 in scenario one would be losing a lot of money in their investment, but if it were scenario 2, then they'd be able to consistently sell them for a fair profit at a fair price, instead of losing money.

@Otaku I get what you mean now. @crystal_pidgeot explained it well. However, I think it should be the same, but opposite. I think that they should release the SR second to maintain its' value, actually a lot like Tapu Bulu GX, and like the said Ultra Ball. But when you mean "entry level" and "commons" does that mean that it's an exact reprint, or just a basic, non-GX version of the card with the same basic abilities? I'm guessing you mean exact reprint because of the given examples. The SR Rayquaza was super expensive at one point, but when the non-SR came out, the SR dropped like a rock. But if it followed the same pattern as the other BLW secret rares, it would have had a non-SR version first. Even though it would still end in it being let's say-$40, the people who bought it for 90 in scenario one would be losing a lot of money in their investment, but if it were scenario 2, then they'd be able to consistently sell them for a fair profit at a fair price, instead of losing money.

When I say entry level, I mean the bare minimum of a cards print. The bare minimum for Ultra Ball is a 20 cent card, with it luxury being over 120 (Plasma Freeze). The bare minimum for that SR Rayquaza was over 100 bucks at release. When Dragon Vault was release, the entry level for the card because like three bucks. The entry level for a Tapu Lele-GX right now is 51 bucks, meaning you have to spend at least that to get them, unless you get lucky with packs. My friend got four of them pretty much for free. If Tapu Lele-GX had a entry level of ten bucks, via a promo, then it becomes more accessible. The base art will drop to around the price of the promo and both alt arts will drop but not by that much, and we may see the full art Tapu Lele-GX settle around 35 bucks and the rainbow rare to settle around 50. Take a look at Darkrai-EX from Dark Explorers as a example. The regular art is around four bucks (including all reprints) and the full art is over 60 bucks. The price of the premium card is largely unaffected.

I also have no interest in making money from the game. If someone spent 90 bucks for the card, then fine. They would benefit from having it, like the players who won events because they had the 100 dollar SR Rayquaza and if a reprint happens and the price lowers, then so be it because they already gain a lot by having it and now others who didn't have it can benefit. If I buy a 900 dollar computer, I can't expect to sell it for 900 dollars and would be lucky if I can get half of it back but at that point, the computer would have made me my money back. Right now, people who bought Tapu Lele-GX already benefited from having it. I know I have. I've won well over 300 dollars in booster packs since having it. I simply want others to have the same opportunity who can't afford the current entry level price to own one. Tapu Bulu-GX is a good value deck because a promo exist. 28 dollars and you have your attacker.

When I say entry level, I mean the bare minimum of a cards print. The bare minimum for Ultra Ball is a 20 cent card, with it luxury being over 120 (Plasma Freeze). The bare minimum for that SR Rayquaza was over 100 bucks at release. When Dragon Vault was release, the entry level for the card because like three bucks. The entry level for a Tapu Lele-GX right now is 51 bucks, meaning you have to spend at least that to get them, unless you get lucky with packs. My friend got four of them pretty much for free. If Tapu Lele-GX had a entry level of ten bucks, via a promo, then it becomes more accessible. The base art will drop to around the price of the promo and both alt arts will drop but not by that much, and we may see the full art Tapu Lele-GX settle around 35 bucks and the rainbow rare to settle around 50. Take a look at Darkrai-EX from Dark Explorers as a example. The regular art is around four bucks (including all reprints) and the full art is over 60 bucks. The price of the premium card is largely unaffected.

I also have no interest in making money from the game. If someone spent 90 bucks for the card, then fine. They would benefit from having it, like the players who won events because they had the 100 dollar SR Rayquaza and if a reprint happens and the price lowers, then so be it because they already gain a lot by having it and now others who didn't have it can benefit. If I buy a 900 dollar computer, I can't expect to sell it for 900 dollars and would be lucky if I can get half of it back but at that point, the computer would have made me my money back. Right now, people who bought Tapu Lele-GX already benefited from having it. I know I have. I've won well over 300 dollars in booster packs since having it. I simply want others to have the same opportunity who can't afford the current entry level price to own one. Tapu Bulu-GX is a good value deck because a promo exist. 28 dollars and you have your attacker.
I think might have different thoughts on it but I dont mind a card or two being high cost. Like your example in yugioh I started back when it was just LOB and MRD when mirror force, raigeki, solemn judgement and such were at a premium. All the way to IOC where BLS and Chaos Emperor were 40+... i was 16 at the time and managed to buy them off ppl for 40 bux. It is fun to be able to grind your way up, building decks of cards you have to win packs to build up your inventory and trade and sell cards to make money to get the power cards you want. If every card is availble for 10 bux or less I feel it takes away a part of the challenge.. but again my expereince and thoughts are not meant to try to push on others to feel the same but rather my 2 cents on the topic.

I think might have different thoughts on it but I dont mind a card or two being high cost. Like your example in yugioh I started back when it was just LOB and MRD when mirror force, raigeki, solemn judgement and such were at a premium. All the way to IOC where BLS and Chaos Emperor were 40+... i was 16 at the time and managed to buy them off ppl for 40 bux. It is fun to be able to grind your way up, building decks of cards you have to win packs to build up your inventory and trade and sell cards to make money to get the power cards you want. If every card is availble for 10 bux or less I feel it takes away a part of the challenge.. but again my expereince and thoughts are not meant to try to push on others to feel the same but rather my 2 cents on the topic.
2 cents, more like 200 dollars. I don't know much about YGO, but I traded a Chaos Emperor Dragon EOE for a Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon knowing Chaos Emperor was banned so I thought it was worthless. I lost about 48 dollars on the trade

2 cents, more like 200 dollars. I don't know much about YGO, but I traded a Chaos Emperor Dragon EOE for a Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon knowing Chaos Emperor was banned so I thought it was worthless. I lost about 48 dollars on the trade
Well people play old school formats. I dont play current format but play goat format and old school people collect alot of 1st edition original cards from sets of LOB to IOC, which makes card like Chaos dragon a pretty penny. I think a 1st ed ioc goes for about 70 or so. I mean i guess im speaking form mind set of people who travel around the country to play which makes 40 dollars for a powerful card seem very minor. Def could help I dont have kids and this is my only hobby that routinely costs money to stay up with. If you have good paying job..and no kids.. it is feasible to have 200 or so bux to spend a month on cards, singles or boosters. I would play in yugi tournament s 4 times a week as a teen, some being money tournaments and just feel like sometimes you mind have to grind your way to get where you want to be.
For a casual player I can se where one could come from and understand the issues they would have with this but as I have heard others say they can use proxies and locals which is nice alternative to spending money.

I've entered the competitive scene more since my last post. Not sure if anyone cares, but hear me out.

I pulled 2 Tapu Lele's out of about the 20 Guardians Rising packs I've opened (along with tapu koko, wishiwashi, metagross, lyanroc, and kommo o). When I pulled them, they went for 38. Now? 55 on Trollandtoad.

I get the argument that a card like this shouldn't be so hard to obtain. Tapu Lele is a game changer. 170 hp, no weaknesses, amazing ability, and 2 tremendous attacks. However, after running decks both with and without Lele, I realize that it truly only made a difference when I played with people who splurged insane amounts of money on the game.

For the older players, we know how expensive some of the older cards were. Shining Mew was amazing, but getting a shining card was close to impossible. Luxray and Garchomp Lv X went for crazy money. Rayquaza+Deoxys Legend weren't exactly cheap, and Mewtwo EX literally ruined the game for so money people.

But, think of the 90% of players who aren't elite and spend a lot of money. What do they do? Play with their decks that don't have these powerful cards. I understanding wanting an alternative or cheaper version, but matter of fact is that the game isn't unplayable without a Lele, Mewtwo, or anyone else. If it is game changing, then chances are you're at a competitive level where it's necessary.

I got back to Yugioh and made a Monarchs deck. It's solid, but for $25 I know it isn't perfect. Someone showed me an amazing Monarch/True Draco combo, and the deck went for over $170, with some of the cards being about $20+ at the cheapest (and they were typically copies of 3). I can't really complain since I can easily play against someone else who may run a modest deck as well.

Many of the top tier decks are expensive. That's the truth in any card game. Whether it'd be Gardevoir in Pokemon or Zoodiacs in Yu-Gi-Oh, the best will certainly be pricey. That's why you gotta see if you can think outside the box. Worlds last year had two relatively inexpensive decks, with Greninja and Yanmega somehow being in the top despite beating the expected winners such as M Mewtwo.

I spent $30 to get the remaining pieces for a M Scizor deck that helped me get 4th in a tourney. Was I first? No, but I looked outside the box to take advantage of everything to win without even using the Lele's I pulled.

For the youngsters being rudely told off, ignore the haters. I understand how terrible it feels, but hopefully after reading my post you can see it isn't hopeless. Keep playing the game, have fun, and don't let the damn negative press you down. We don't need to see toxic responses such as 'quit the game'. Keep your heads up and do whatever you can to improve.

There isn't any need for shutting down others. We're a community which shouldn't let off a negative atmosphere.

So you're saying I'm not a serious player?!?!?
No, I'm serious all right, just broke. I do realize the potential of Lele but am broke. I do in fact, want a Lele but DO NOT HAVE THE MEANS TO OBTAIN ONE. This makes me dislike Lele just a bit, because it appears to be, say, a right of passage into being a serious player. Earth to PMJ and Aurajackie, there are serious players who don't have Lele, such as me. Every Friday, my league gets together for battles and whatnot, and everyone there is a serious player, but at first thought, 4-6 people don't have the means to get a Lele, but are still serious. The fact that you two can't see that a stinkin' glittery piece of cardboard does not define the seriousness of the player is either inconsiderate to the broke, or sickening. Because of your points, I can get a clear visual of two people who have the means of obtaining 4 Lele, and don't lose, blaming the losses of your opponent's not on their deck or luck, but on the fact they do not have Tapu Lele.
One question for you un-broke people:
How many Leles do you have?
5 regular, 1 Full Art, 1 Hyper ^_^

I'm surprised how quickly the price went up these past couple weeks, this will likely be a limiting factor in how many new/young players join the competitive scene just like Shaymin-EX was a year ago. I'm hoping that this leads more players to Expanded where they can enjoy a $10 Shaymin-EX and $4 VS Seeker.

I could argue that the new Alolan Ninetales card from Burning Shadows is the best budget deck at the moment and it wouldn't necessarily need a Tapu Lele GX to be somewhat competitive.

I've entered the competitive scene more since my last post. Not sure if anyone cares, but hear me out.

I pulled 2 Tapu Lele's out of about the 20 Guardians Rising packs I've opened (along with tapu koko, wishiwashi, metagross, lyanroc, and kommo o). When I pulled them, they went for 38. Now? 55 on Trollandtoad.

I get the argument that a card like this shouldn't be so hard to obtain. Tapu Lele is a game changer. 170 hp, no weaknesses, amazing ability, and 2 tremendous attacks. However, after running decks both with and without Lele, I realize that it truly only made a difference when I played with people who splurged insane amounts of money on the game.

For the older players, we know how expensive some of the older cards were. Shining Mew was amazing, but getting a shining card was close to impossible. Luxray and Garchomp Lv X went for crazy money. Rayquaza+Deoxys Legend weren't exactly cheap, and Mewtwo EX literally ruined the game for so money people.

But, think of the 90% of players who aren't elite and spend a lot of money. What do they do? Play with their decks that don't have these powerful cards. I understanding wanting an alternative or cheaper version, but matter of fact is that the game isn't unplayable without a Lele, Mewtwo, or anyone else. If it is game changing, then chances are you're at a competitive level where it's necessary.

I got back to Yugioh and made a Monarchs deck. It's solid, but for $25 I know it isn't perfect. Someone showed me an amazing Monarch/True Draco combo, and the deck went for over $170, with some of the cards being about $20+ at the cheapest (and they were typically copies of 3). I can't really complain since I can easily play against someone else who may run a modest deck as well.

Many of the top tier decks are expensive. That's the truth in any card game. Whether it'd be Gardevoir in Pokemon or Zoodiacs in Yu-Gi-Oh, the best will certainly be pricey. That's why you gotta see if you can think outside the box. Worlds last year had two relatively inexpensive decks, with Greninja and Yanmega somehow being in the top despite beating the expected winners such as M Mewtwo.

I spent $30 to get the remaining pieces for a M Scizor deck that helped me get 4th in a tourney. Was I first? No, but I looked outside the box to take advantage of everything to win without even using the Lele's I pulled.

For the youngsters being rudely told off, ignore the haters. I understand how terrible it feels, but hopefully after reading my post you can see it isn't hopeless. Keep playing the game, have fun, and don't let the damn negative press you down. We don't need to see toxic responses such as 'quit the game'. Keep your heads up and do whatever you can to improve.

There isn't any need for shutting down others. We're a community which shouldn't let off a negative atmosphere.

Maybe it's just my area but I think you are grossly overestimating the amount of 'elite' players in an area. Yugioh does tend to be more expensive as a whole though I would agree and for most games top tier decks can be pricey, and it's not just about the price; a good deck still isn't good if you don't know how to play it right. I've played decks where the most expensive thing was Shaymin EX and only contained two copies instead of a play set, and so there were times it didn't come up and no it didn't always matter. Still it can be aggravating to be on the receiving end of someone who has 'elite' decks when you are barely scraping by or worse.

Oh and FYI all of those pulls from 20 GR packs is still amazing, many people can't make that claim.

Maybe it's just my area but I think you are grossly overestimating the amount of 'elite' players in an area. Yugioh does tend to be more expensive as a whole though I would agree and for most games top tier decks can be pricey, and it's not just about the price; a good deck still isn't good if you don't know how to play it right. I've played decks where the most expensive thing was Shaymin EX and only contained two copies instead of a play set, and so there were times it didn't come up and no it didn't always matter. Still it can be aggravating to be on the receiving end of someone who has 'elite' decks when you are barely scraping by or worse.

Oh and FYI all of those pulls from 20 GR packs is still amazing, many people can't make that claim.

There are three things that decide the winner of a game:

1. How good of a deck one has
2. Their luck
3. Whether they are smart or not

In Yugioh, you make a deck and stick with it, editing it as the format changes. Unlike Pokemon, they don't take out entire sets, which is personally inferior to Yugioh's method of simply getting rid of certain cards they deem disruptive to the game (such as Monster Reborn). However, yugioh is cheaper than Pokemon on the long run. Why? It's because they don't have this terrible standard format where you're forced to keep getting cards to have a chance of being relevant. That Monarch/Draco deck I mentioned may have been expensive, but I wouldn't have to worry about all of the cards suddenly being illegal in 2-3 years. That however is for a different discussion.

As for expensive cards, luck still plays a role. Even if you have 4 tapu's, you can get terrible luck and somehow not draw one and end up losing the game from terrible hands. It's a card game and unfortunately you won't always be getting good hands.

Also, I generally do have very good luck with packs. I'm fortunate to have great luck. Only exceptions are Steam Siege and Burning Shadows. Opened around forty STS packs and ended up with 23 holos and 3 breaks, but only 2 EX's which was both amazing and flabbergasting simultaneously. As for Burning Shadows, my pulls were garbage for the twelve packs I opened. Two holos and a Muk GX had me feeling disappointed. I know some people will be shocked seeing a 3/12 ratio be my worst ever, but I guess I just manage to pull great cards.

There are three things that decide the winner of a game:

1. How good of a deck one has
2. Their luck
3. Whether they are smart or not

In Yugioh, you make a deck and stick with it, editing it as the format changes. Unlike Pokemon, they don't take out entire sets, which is personally inferior to Yugioh's method of simply getting rid of certain cards they deem disruptive to the game (such as Monster Reborn). However, yugioh is cheaper than Pokemon on the long run. Why? It's because they don't have this terrible standard format where you're forced to keep getting cards to have a chance of being relevant. That Monarch/Draco deck I mentioned may have been expensive, but I wouldn't have to worry about all of the cards suddenly being illegal in 2-3 years. That however is for a different discussion.

As for expensive cards, luck still plays a role. Even if you have 4 tapu's, you can get terrible luck and somehow not draw one and end up losing the game from terrible hands. It's a card game and unfortunately you won't always be getting good hands.

Also, I generally do have very good luck with packs. I'm fortunate to have great luck. Only exceptions are Steam Siege and Burning Shadows. Opened around forty STS packs and ended up with 23 holos and 3 breaks, but only 2 EX's which was both amazing and flabbergasting simultaneously. As for Burning Shadows, my pulls were garbage for the twelve packs I opened. Two holos and a Muk GX had me feeling disappointed. I know some people will be shocked seeing a 3/12 ratio be my worst ever, but I guess I just manage to pull great cards.

From a play perspective yes Yugioh would be cheaper but keep this in mind; that is a play perspective and not a collector or player/collector perspective. I am not just a player but a collector. That is why to me Yugioh is more expensive because some of the better singles are more expensive than any non Charizard or Mewtwo in the game. Perhaps not entirely relevant but still a fact; not all collectors play and but player can collect too. Cost should be at least considered from both ends, hence a lot of what this discussion is about.

And I don't deny that luck is a factor in card games, sometimes more than how good a deck is. It can be the best deck in the world but if your key cards don't show when needed you have a problem. Not that I think one Pokémon card in the entire game is so good that that should be a problem, even Lele and Shaymin aren't that good.

Unlike Pokemon, they don't take out entire sets, which is personally inferior to Yugioh's method of simply getting rid of certain cards they deem disruptive to the game (such as Monster Reborn).

This is your opinion; I believe the opposite and will explain why.

Set rotation has and will remain superior to individual card bans/restrictions. The point of set rotation is to deal with problems before they are problems; control the size of the card pool to reduce accidental power combos and ensure the developers only have so many variables to consider. It also helps out the players by reducing the variables they have to consider as well. As for returning players to Pokémon means only dealing with the last two-to-three years worth of releases (at least for Standard play).

If Yu-Gi-Oh is doing a better job with its Forbidden and Limited Lists now than in the past, good. When I played, when it first began releasing in North America (with just the original Yugi and Kaiba Starter decks) until 2009, the list was slow to respond. Often, a change would happen when it was less relevant; something would run amuck for a good six months to a year before getting dinged. Simply put, if it was new, it was rare for it to start out banned or restricted (understandable) even if Japan had proven it needed to be, and you usually had to wait six months to a year before problem cards might be dealt with. When I played, the official policy was to try and periodically unban cards, even ones that were clearly overpowered.

Again, if you prefer the Yu-Gi-Oh method, that's fine. If you are convinced they are doing a good job banning things when needed, and don't feel the thousands (?) of cards that aren't competitive but are still legal (and might be quite, quite old by now) aren't a real concern for game balance, then your position makes total sense. I've explained why I believe the opposite is true, especially with TPCi finally authorized to actually ban cards in addition to our usual set rotations.

Last edited:
Okay, so Lele is at an all time high. The regular art is 58 USD, the FA is 65, and the SR is 99. Using TCG Player btw. Let's see, Ebay listings have Regular arts at 55, FAs at 70, and SRs at 85-90. Unless you're buying FAs, go to Ebay if you're actually crazy enough to buy them.

This is your opinion; I believe the opposite and will explain why.

Set rotation has and will remain superior to individual card bans/restrictions. The point of set rotation is to deal with problems before they are problems; control the size of the card pool to reduce accidental power combos and ensure the developers only have so many variables to consider. It also helps out the players by reducing the variables they have to consider as well. As for returning players to Pokémon means only dealing with the last two-to-three years worth of releases (at least for Standard play).

Ff Yu-Gi-Oh is doing a better job with its Forbidden and Limited Lists now than in the past, good. When I played, when it first began releasing in North America (with just the original Yugi and Kaiba Starter decks) until 2009, the list was slow to respond. Often, a change would happen when it was less relevant; something would run amuck for a good six months to a year before getting dinged. Simply put, if it was new, it was rare for it to start out banned or restricted (understandable) even if Japan had proven it needed to be, and you usually had to wait six months to a year before problem cards might be dealt with. When I played, the official policy was to try and periodically unban cards, even ones that were clearly overpowered.

Again, if you prefer the Yu-Gi-Oh method, that's fine. If you are convinced they are doing a good job banning things when needed, and don't feel the thousands (?) of cards that aren't competitive but are still legal (and might be quite, quite old by now) aren't a real concern for game balance, then your position makes total sense. I've explained why I believe the opposite is true, especially with TPCi finally authorized to actually ban cards in addition to our usual set rotations.

You had a proper response and I respectfully disagree. As long as you explain, I'm perfectly fine with it

You had a proper response and I respectfully disagree. As long as you explain, I'm perfectly fine with it

Are we allowed to do that? I thought one and or both of us had to stubbornly insist we were correct and the other must be [insert ad hominem]. XP

As someone who has recently moved out with a friend, I definitely feel the desire for staple cards to be cheap. An alternative to Tapu Lele is also an option I'd like to see. I can't find myself enjoying this card game anymore and in my view, it's become a total mess. Power Creeps seem to happen too often now, and in the form of cards that will otherwise be useless when the next set comes out. The game doesn't seem to think about other cards when they're being designed.

I only managed to get my copies of Shaymin very late, and close to rotation. The expanded ban list doesn't strike me as too good either. I would play this game if a cheaper way to play seriously was available, but it isn't. It doesn't help that box sets are becoming more expensive eiher.

I definitely still collect select cards and buy packs as my roommate and I both love Pokemon. I just can't handle what the TCG has become, and I simply have a hard time trying to get back into it.

Are we allowed to do that? I thought one and or both of us had to stubbornly insist we were correct and the other must be [insert ad hominem]. XP

Oh yeah, you're right. Let me change that:

Your opinion stupid, and everyone else is stupid. I'm always right /s

Okay, I need more peoples opinions on my situation...
I recently bought a scale to weigh packs (Don't hate on me).
I could get about 15 weighed packs, instead of buying a lele
Since Pokemon did the 2 code card thing, it makes it harder to guarantee a good card. Basically I have found with weighing Guardians Rising, I have about a 50% chance to get a an Ultra Rare. Would it be better to just buy a lele, or would it be better to just keep buying packs in hopes that I get one out of the 20 something Ultra Rares in the set. Even then Guardians Rising has a lot of cool Ultra Rares.

(No I don't go to 1 store and weigh all the packs and scam all the people there. I buy about 3-5 packs at a time, and even then I am not guaranteed anything. Then maybe I go to another store a few days later, heck my Target hasn't had Guardians Rising for like a month. I also buy sealed products, don't hate on me for buying 3 weighed packs and putting the rest of the good packs in the front of the rack).

Back