Norway terrorist attacks

I live about 25 minutes away from Oslo and I was a tour in the city with some friends to the cinema, I was walking up the street then Bam! The routes in the stores around us suddenly went to sand!

It was a big bomb!

The terrorist did this alone + he killed like 93 ppl under the age of 22 :'( Peace-

He probably had the mind of the one guy who did that shooting in Arizona; he thought he could prove a key point on something he made up (something extremist), and I guess the more and more he thought about it, the more and more he was convinced that action should be taken.

My condolences to the families that had family members injured, dead, etc. from the blast and shooting.

I wish the beat of luck to the families and friends of the people who died. May God bless them.

I wish only the best for those whom were affected by this mindless,ignorant rampage.How terribly horrid...:(and really,quite sad...

To what extent would drive someone to commit such nefarious acts?Shameless...Soulless Cretin...

I only caught half the story on the news. There seems to be a new turd born everyday. What is it with these people that continuously commit crimes? We here more and more crimes happening everyday and they seem to be getting worse every time. It seems that nowhere is no longer safe anymore. I just don't get it and it does not make any sense.:(

Wow.... That is so sad... :( At the camp, were there kids? Were they all kids? (Excluding the attendants) God bless the families and please forgive the so called 'Terrorist' . o-o

The camp was a youth camp.. Pretty much all of the people that were killed there, where people between 14/15 and up to 20's..

That's so horrendous. Any death is awful, but when it's anyone uder 50, they're supposed to have a long life after that according to expectency. If only the world all agreed on everything. I understand that if everybody was the same, there'd be nothing to do, but people don't have to express their feelings for their religions by killing innocent people who had lives and families. The families must feel so terrible. As for the witnesses that survived, they're worse off in my opinion than the dead, because they had to experience it all. As I've already said, I hope that everyone can settle and cope through the struggles of loss.

When anyone dies a death hits you like a ton of bricks. Yeah these kind of people should not even be walking this earth anymore. See the problem here is that these criminals get this stuff from violent games movies and shows like C.S.I These kinds of shows should not even be on if the person is under 21. Parents need to take more responsibility and block these shows from their children remove the TV from their room and get them outside more. Sure they can watch these shows on occasion if a parent overseas what shows they are watching and teach them what is good and bad about the shows. I was allowed to watch R movies but I was taught what not to do in movies that had violence and same for the games that were violent. I was able to play them but I never went out and committed the crime or did any type of crime. I still play violent games and watch violent movies but I never get the feeling to do a crime though. People need to pay more attention to their kids and always keep an eye out and watch them. If people paid more attention less crimes would be happening right now.:(

His most inspirational game was MW2. You shouldn't let yourself get inspired by bad games like MW2.

In all seriousness, it's a very sad situation and I think the media handled it completely wrong. They focused on the gaming = violence cliché, even though this theory has been dismissed so many times and any logically thinking person can feel it's wrong and short-sighted.
People get influenced by many different things. Maybe even all the things they experience. That's our reference and we interpret that in different ways. That's what makes every human different. When someone sees MW2 as a training simulator rather than a terrible shooting game, you should know something is wrong.
I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent this. We as a society must keep discouraging violent behaviour and bad FPS games. I think that's about all we can do. There will always be twisted people who misinterpret things.

Don't get me wrong, I like Black Ops, (although I honestly didn't want it. My brother got it and I got hooked,) but I would never use it as an inspiration. Using any game as an inspiration is ridiculous. I can't imagine how messed up the guys life must of been to have gotten inspiration from the most violent (in my oppinion) war game I have ever seen.

On another note, has anybody read about the prison he is going to? Using the theory that if they get treated well, they are less likely to go back to crime, the prison has flatscreen TVs, cushy beds, and all sorts of nice stuff. Not to mention, Norwegian law says they only allow people to be in jail for a maximum of 21 years. Sometimes I think there needs to be exceptions to the rules.

On another note, even if you get rid of all violent games, there would still be monstrous people. People who hold grudges, people who are trained to hate, and I hope you realize that, knowing how the system works, if violent videogames were banned, I'm sure they would ban Pokemon. Doesn't gigantic monsters shooting laser beams and stabbing enemies with horns seem a little violent?

(Reviving this with permission from KA)

Not too long ago, Breivik was declared legally insane and could not be put on trial for the murders. However, yesterday it was announced that he is, in fact, sane, and is set to stand trial on Monday.

Full story here.

Rusticks said:
(Reviving this with permission from KA)

Not too long ago, Breivik was declared legally insane and could not be put on trial for the murders. However, yesterday it was announced that he is, in fact, sane, and is set to stand trial on Monday.

Full story here.

Serves him right! No one does a massacre anyway! I think he should get the death penalty.

Back