Media Non-Purchased Music Sync?

J

Juliacoolo

Hello everyone. Recently, I've found my 3rd generation Ipod Nano Video. I've been looking for it for a while now, as it contains 1000's of songs from CDs imported on my old itunes accounts. All those songs were ripped from borrowed CDs, so I cant just re-rip them.

My question is, how do I add the non-purchased songs on my old Ipod to my new laptop so I can put them on my iphone and ipad? The only options I get are "Import Purchased Songs" or "Erase and Sync". I've tried to research the problem already, but everything keeps directing me towards some kind of manual transfer which I can't find. I can't seem to find anything on YouTube either >.<

Any help would be deeply appreciated
SmallSmiley.png
Thanks! ~ JC

You know, this is sort of like my problem right now. I can't sync up my iPod Nano right now, and I found some songs that I REALLY want. I downloaded them onto Windows Media Player (they were PokeRemixStudio's download links) Which cable am I supposed to hook up to the computer and iPod (I'm assuming the USB/charging cable)? Any help for this question too would be appriciated too! (And mods, if I shouldn't be posting this here, I guess, then delete it and PM me about it or something.)

There is a program that I once had that let you (illegally btw) rip music from an ipod to your itunes. It is illegal because you could just take your friend's bought music into your computer for free. I can't remember the name of the program, but I remember I googled it easily. If you need help finding it, PM me and I'll help you look.

It seems like something very simple... maybe it's just Apple's normal cheap exclusiveness, but there should be some easy ways around this. I tried getting to the music directly, but the folder that contains the music in the nano is apparently hidden.

Do you have Disk Use enabled on your iPod?

EDIT: What OS do you use on your computer, 7, XP, Vista?

Then this should be easy, I know Windows 7 the best.

After plugging in your iPod, create a new folder, an empty one where you want to put all of your music. Open up your iPod in the computer menu. Click Organize, Folder and Search Options, then the View tab, under advanced settings, under hidden files and folders, change the setting to "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" Apply it, and there should be a new folder called iPod Control. Click on that and then go into the Music file below that. There should be some folders there named F00, and numbers up from there. In each folder, move all o the files to the new folder that you want your music in, one folder by one. After it is all there, change back the setting so that you cannot see the hidden files and folders, now in that folder is your music from your iPod. Congratulations, you now have all of your music.

Any questions?

This might help.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101226132419AAz4uTL

I managed to get it to work, thanks everyone :) I ended up having to sync them simutaneouly for it to work.

@Hatman: That's easy. Open Itunes, and go to File > Add File to Library. From there, choose the files of the songs you obtained. They will be added to your library. From there, sync your ipod to itunes, and they'll be added.

Well this is odd... I've done exactly what you've said and the files aren't showing up... Do I have to have an iTunes account or something?

I don't think so. What is happening when you try to open the files?

I click the file I want to add and double click it. Then I go to the menu of the Music and nothing changes.

Hatman: Use this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtRFsX6FBVo

I'd use it up to 3:40, because at that time you can jut drag and drop all of your music.

Just instead of going to Tools, go to Organize --> Folder and Search Options

I'm trying to get the music from Windows Media Player over to iTunes, not from my iPod to iTunes >.< Unless theres a way to sync it to Windows Media Player (I don't care if it deletes other stuff since I don't have any other stuff on it), I need to get it to iTunes. It may be worth noting that I have nothing on the iTunes thingy.

that's even easier, just check what folders windows media player has for it's music library (default is only the my music folder) then add that folder to the iTunes directory. whatever is WMA, it won't add unless you convert it to AAC. only do this once, because every time you manually add that music folder, it will continue to convert the WMA files unless you delete them from your PC then make WMP monitor the iTunes music folder since the AAC's will be added to the iTunes music folder instead of actually replacing the files.

u don't want the same song on there 5 times because you kept having to setup the itunes library again.

Bleh, I have no idea what that means. I opened the Music Folder for it but there was no 'Send to iTunes Directory.' I'm slightly noobish in computer experience, so I honestly have no idea how you're supposed to do that. Plus this is a really weird operating system.

it has nothing to do with the os. In wmp, click on tools, then options. Then the library tab. Clivk on monitor folders. Then it'll show you what folders it uses. Write it down.

then from itunes, click file, add folder to library. Then add whatever wmp monitors.

im having the same problem. however, i cant check the manual button without also checking the "sync music" box which will sync it with an empty library.
Follow this step by step guide about sync music from iPhone to computer, including the non-purchases songs.
It's easy to understand and works pretty well for my iPhone.

Read more at http://www.transfer-iphone-recovery.com/

You can do it with iTunes, but it will takes a lot of time for syncing. You can do it with free transfer app that would be 10X faster than iTunes.

Last edited:
Back