Discussion Ninetales

killrnite

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Does any one think that Ninetales is a good deck with some legs going forward?

Cheers,

Cobrafilms

Aspiring Trainer
Yep.
The new Ninetales from BUS is a great tech addition for it's ability. I'd probably try a 4-3-1 Ninetales line.
The stadium of choice here would be brooklet hill, in replacement of Dive Ball and Rough Seas.
It'll be strong next format, especially considering it's match-up vs Volcanion.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
It's not exactly hard to throw in a Cobalion or something to break lock though and since Metagross will never be hitting for less than OHKO against that deck you don't get to make good use of the GX attack.

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
Every deck has there Kryptonite and for Ninetales, it is Metagross. If you see beyond that, Ninetales has pretty good match-ups with top tier decks.

Come September, Hex will be rotated and no way for your opponent to deal with Ninetales ability.

It's just like the time when we did not had Ranger, and it was hard for EX decks to deal with Regice & Hippowdon.

Nyora

A Cat
Ninetales has Ninetales btw guys, yknow, the BUS one? While Metagross' Metang can OHKO it, hopefully it won't come to that, but really, the new Ninetales strengthens almost every matchup, so I think it will be really good post rotation and maybe even for worlds! :D

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I think it'll be a top tier deck, along with Gardevoir, Metagross, Turbo Darkrai EX/GX, Volcanion/Turtonator, and Garbodor variants.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
To everyone who's scared of Alolan Ninetales right now, just remember that it won't go very far in the current meta as long as Garbotoxin is in the ring muahahahahaa

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
To everyone who's scared of Alolan Ninetales right now, just remember that it won't go very far in the current meta as long as Garbotoxin is in the ring muahahahahaa

Garbotoxin won't stop people from playing Alolan Ninetales. Garbodor decks in general have taken a hit with the release of Burning Shadows. Field Blower is also a thing.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Except Wobbuffett has to be in your active and it doesn't threat Ninetales at all while Ninetales can 2HKO it.
That's assuming you don't have Pokemon that can snipe from the bench or assuming Alolan Ninetails doesn't have 5 or more damage counters on it muahahahahaha

Mike A

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yeah, and Hex Maniac will still be in Standard for 2018, so HA!

I believe you have the full art one being released in December confused as a reprint. It will have a big 'ole "A" next to the same set number as the one being rotated in Sept.

TheDude133

Aspiring Trainer
For those thinking Alolan Ninetail BUS will be a huge hinderance against EX/GX decks, let me give you a comparison. Sigilyph from Dragons Exalted. The reason This Sigilyph was so powerful, was because the top decks at the time were pure EX with no Non-EX attackers. It not only was the wall, but also the offensive Pokemon in the deck as well. People adjusted and put non-EX attackers into every one of their decks. Suddenly the deck stopped topping as much. Ninetails BUS however, doesn't have the same luxuries. Cobalion, Gallade, Garbodor, Yveltal, Vikevolt, and Volcanion. All non-EX/GX attackers that are already being played and all of them can OHKO Ninetails very easily. Not to mention that Ninetails is a pure wall, with no offensive power. The most you're looking at is 110 with a Band, which isn't a lot for the card. This card has to stay in the active spot, but has no disruption in the current format, so it can easily be taken out. And the more turns that card is up front, the more turns I have to set up my deck, because it's not a threat to me. Not to mention it's easily played around with Guzma. As a one-of, you may get lucky and stall a game, but overall, it's not worth playing.