• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ninetales (Post-Rotation)

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
So I've been running Ninetales and want to continue running it as one of my decks post-rotation. Below is the deck how it currently stands and then under that I'll list what changes I think might make sense after rotation, but I want your opinions.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 3 N FAC 105
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 8 Water Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So these are the cards I need to replace:

4 VS Seeker
2 Lysandre
2 Rough Seas

Here's what I'm thinking of adding:

1 Ninetales (the new one coming in Burning Shadows)
3 Guzma
1 Acerola
A fourth N
A second Brigette
A second Mallow

Pretty straightforward. With VS Seeker gone I'm just beefing up my Supporter counts and adding in the new Ninetales for the ability. I thought about a second Kukui instead of Acerola but I'm not sure. Any suggestions are appreciated!

So I've been running Ninetales and want to continue running it as one of my decks post-rotation. Below is the deck how it currently stands and then under that I'll list what changes I think might make sense after rotation, but I want your opinions.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 3 N FAC 105
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 8 Water Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So these are the cards I need to replace:

4 VS Seeker
2 Lysandre
2 Rough Seas

Here's what I'm thinking of adding:

1 Ninetales (the new one coming in Burning Shadows)
3 Guzma
1 Acerola
A fourth N
A second Brigette
A second Mallow

Pretty straightforward. With VS Seeker gone I'm just beefing up my Supporter counts and adding in the new Ninetales for the ability. I thought about a second Kukui instead of Acerola but I'm not sure. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I'm not a huge fan of Brigette when I have Tapu Lele in my decks. Pokemon Fan Club is better. Lele goes to your bench and you can still use the ability. Brooklet Hill would be a good replacement for Rough Seas. Allows you to get any water or fighting basic pokemon. Guzma is almost a necessity with Lysandre leaving. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a huge fan of Brigette when I have Tapu Lele in my decks. Pokemon Fan Club is better. Lele goes to your bench and you can still use the ability. Brooklet Hill would be a good replacement for Rough Seas. Allows you to get any water or fighting basic pokemon. Guzma is almost a necessity with Lysandre leaving. Just my 2 cents.
People still use Brigette to get more of their non-Lele Pokemon to their bench faster, so she still has merit.

I see what you're saying, but Brigette is still the superior option in this deck. A turn one Brigette to get any combination of Alolan Vulpix, Remoraid, and Tapu Koko is just too good.

Back