Question New to the scene of VG

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Ok I am completely new to the competitive breeding, battling, and etc. I don't have Pokemon USUM yet, as I'm getting it for X-mas (Most likely).

I know about Ultra Wormholes and how you can find all the legendaries and shinies and such, but when it comes to new ways to breed Pokemon, competitive stats, I'm pretty clueless, teambuilding as well. The most recent Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Moon, I grinded the game pretty hard, I bred all my Pokemon to close to peak perfection (Cuz most days I gave up on a 6 IV Pokemon after 3 Hours of Tauros egg grinding...)
My team was something like this: Garchomp, Mimikyu, (W/ Trick Room) Alolan Exeggcutor, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Arcanine. They were all around 4.5 IV (Not quite 5) I believe Mimikyu was 6 IV.

Now before I continue I do have one question...
-Does the Tauros egg grind still exist in USUM? Or is it back to boring hard work egg hatching?

Anywho... I just need some of the more advanced basics to set me up when I pick up USUM, like...
- Who's the best starter this time around?
- Is there a better Legendary between Solgaleo and Lunala?
- Are the Dawn and Dusk Winged Necrozma's good?
- Is there an overall best legendary? (Since you can obtain all of them)
- Are the new Ultra Beasts any good?
- What's the most used team this game?
- Any new way to breed, grind Pokemon EXP, etc?
- How on earth do you get Ultra Burst Necrozma? (The Golden jesus looking one)
- Can you get normal Solgaleo and Lunala?

Thanks, AFEX.

-Does the Tauros egg grind still exist in USUM? Or is it back to boring hard work egg hatching?
Yes, it still exists.
- Who's the best starter this time around?
Popplio. While it no longer gets the Scald TM early, it does pick up Icy Wind, and has great matchups against most of the trials.
- Is there a better Legendary between Solgaleo and Lunala?
Lunala is better in terms of being an all-out attacker, while Solgaleo is most useful as a Xerneas check.
- Are the Dawn and Dusk Winged Necrozma's good?
Dawn wings is rubbish. Dusk mane, however, is useful as a tank.
- Is there an overall best legendary? (Since you can obtain all of them)
Primal Groudon and its wife Xerneas.
- Are the new Ultra Beasts any good?
Naganadel just got banned to Ubers, and the other two are usable in OU, so I guess so.
- What's the most used team this game?
I don't know, but I would highly, HIGHLY recommend getting a Zoroark and a Fighting-type. You will thank me later.
- Any new way to breed, grind Pokemon EXP, etc?
You can SOS chain Chanseys on Poni Island.
- How on earth do you get Ultra Burst Necrozma? (The Golden jesus looking one)
When you catch regular Necrozma later in the game, it comes with Ultranecrozum-Z. Combine it with Solgaleo/Lunala to get their Dusk/Dawn forms and have them hold this, then an option appears in the battle screen to "Ultra Burst" (which is similar to Mega Evolution but doesn't take up your Mega slot). Then, on the next turn, you can use Light that Burns the Sky if Necrozma knows Photon Geyser.
- Can you get normal Solgaleo and Lunala?
You can find your respective cover legend after you beat the game on Mahalo Trail.

If you've got other questions, feel free to ask.

Ok thanks, and one more thing

Do the now obtainable Totem Pokemon add anything to the competitive mix?

Do the now obtainable Totem Pokemon add anything to the competitive mix?

Nope, they're basically just thicc versions of regular Pokémon.

Back