New 'Sun & Moon' Anime Trailer, Updated Character Models for Team Rocket Too

why dont you guys think meowth is with jessie & james? just a coincidence? i mean pikachu is with ash but idk

They look kinda weird, like I know they've been slightly redesigned before but these are really different. I'm not a huge watcher of the anime like, so I'm not too upset or excited either way. I do really like Kiawe, though!

Urgh... The more I see and hear, the more I can see how much I'll dislike the Sun/Moon anime.

It's too... Anime-ey, if that makes any sense. The exaggerated expressions bother me. A lot. And the character descriptions make the much greater anime influence pretty apparant, too. (Yes, I'm well aware the Pokemon show's always been an anime. But it didn't rely much on typical anime style or tropes. This is a VERY different beast.) It's definitely aimed at a younger audience than other seasons (even the original), which I honestly find kinda worrying. The anime's never shied away from darker storylines in the past (particularly in BW and XY), but I suspect those will be much rarer. (Same with serious battles. God I hope Team Skull shows up early, and often, and are a bigger threat than they appear to be in the games... There needs to be some sort of reason for Ash to have more than 4 all-out battles in the entire Alola region. >.>)

I hope I'm wrong, but, sadly, I don't think I am. Which is a shame, I've liked the anime up until now a lot. (Particularly from Johto on, the Kanto seasons were pretty hit or miss.)

The artwork is super different. It will take some getting used to, but I still think it's cute. I hope to see Meowth still with Jessie and James! I'll be really sad if he isn't in the new anime.

No Gladion? *flips table* At least there's Mallow and Lana. Also, looks like Ash is finally at middle school. It seems as if Kaiwe and Mallow are more high school age, than middle school. Maybe it's a middle/high combination?

Last edited:
This style sucks. I loved XY and XYZ, I was hoping for something similar in the near future, they gave us this.

Lillie probably can't touch Pokemon because they'd either:
1) Be able to instantly tell that she isn't human
and/or
2) Her touching a Pokemon might be like her using an attack on that Pokemon.

Either way, we don't nearly enough about Ultra Beasts or Lillie to be able to know why she can't touch Pokemon but we will know in slightly over a month. :)

I like this style, honestly.
The animation is beautiful and very stylized. Going this route is good for the anime because it fits the Alola region (I mean, it's a pretty small region from what we can gather). You can't tell me you honestly want the same repetition that has been going on?

Change can be scary, but good change isn't that bad either. This is a positive change, not a negative one. The Pokemon fandom really needs to see that.

I like this style, honestly.
The animation is beautiful and very stylized. Going this route is good for the anime because it fits the Alola region (I mean, it's a pretty small region from what we can gather).
Pretty small region? Have you seen the width of the streets? And there are 4 islands..

The more I see of the new art style for the characters, the more my brain goes 'This is going to SUCK'.

Don't get me wrong, I love the anime, even if I still have a lot of catching up to do on BW and XY, but the art style for the humans just isn't sitting right with me. Plus I can't really think of the whole 'Ash goes to school' thing without my mind going to Yu-Gi-Oh! GX ^^;

Everything seems fine to me- It actually looks really good. Except Ash's face. It kind of looks like he got the Teen Titans Go treatment. I also have a few predictions for episodes that have to happen. One episode is going to have Team Rocket's Meowth see an Alola Form Meowth and get a crush on it. I also think that there is going to be an episode where Team Rocket mistakes Mimikyu for Ash's Pikachu.

why dont you guys think meowth is with jessie & james? just a coincidence? i mean pikachu is with ash but idk

Meowth was with Jessie and James in a scene at 25 seconds. I'm pretty sure he was grasping onto Wobbuffet. =P

hey guys remember when they were expeirmenting with the pokemon in B&W? they are probably doing the same but this time everything but the pokemon

At the very end of the trailer, Rotom P spins around with a 100 on his screen with the professor in the background, then Ash does a little celebration, like he filled up the Pokedex. What if that's the number of Pokemon in the Alolan Dex?

At the very end of the trailer, Rotom P spins around with a 100 on his screen with the professor in the background, then Ash does a little celebration, like he filled up the Pokedex. What if that's the number of Pokemon in the Alolan Dex?
It's more than Kalos. I'm good.

Back