News New Solgaleo-GX and Lunala-GX in November Starter Set!

Komaferrer

Aspiring Trainer
Man if this comes out in English it’s gonna be so good against Gardi. A DCE for knockout? That’s pretty good

Raltsies

Some guy with too much time
Hmmm

the new Solgaleo GX could be a good replacement for baby Solgaleo in decks that run the 4-2/3-3-1 line?

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
Solgaleo GX is bound to be the next Gardevoir GX counter and BDIF. I hope this hits the US. A 4-3-2-2 split, paired with current fillers like Vulpix. It'll be hard to stop with Max Potion.

AU2

Aspiring Trainer
That Solgaleo GX is beyond powerful. May God have mercy on us all.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Volcanion/Fire decks are no longer a problem, but why does lunala have 230 hp instead of 250 like its previous gx and counterpart solgaleo.

Memory

不安のない挑戦はない
I don’t see a single matchup where solgaleo would lose with a 2/2 split of the old and new GX.
BDIF incoming?

fluffy_trex

Delcatty lady
Woah, Solgaleo is amazing. I really like the ability as well, basically prevents those weakness one shots. Besides weakness, nothing one shots Solgaleo. I surely will keep this card in mind...

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like a better option than GRI Rayquaza imo

But we'll see.

Why wouldn't you do both? This new one gives you NO weaknesses! That's a HUGE deal for Solgaleo and makes it's Fire match up wayyyyy better. Wish it was hitting for 130 instead so you could get the one shot on Baby Volc, but honestly that's a small inconvenience. The biggest issue I see is how do you split the pokemon? 2 old gx 1 new, and 1 baby seems inconsistent. You could do 2:2:1 but then you have my evolutions than you have basics.

Poor Lunala though man... Psychic Transfer is interesting in theory but Psychic doesn't have any good acceleration. I suppose you could pair the new Lunala with the old Solgaleo and the new Solgaleo... but then you really should just build a Solgaleo deck.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm

the new Solgaleo GX could be a good replacement for baby Solgaleo in decks that run the 4-2/3-3-1 line?
I still think baby Solgaleo has its merits, like not being hard-walled by baby Alolan Ninetales. If anything, the new Solgaleo GX can replace the Rayquaza depending on space.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I won't give Geodudes yet to both of them, unless the full card ate revealed. For Solgaleo-GX, 4-5 Geodudes, partial.
UPDATED!
  • Solgaleo-GX - This card... Is AMAZING! No Weakness to the party, attacks for DCE, but it doesn't mean that it can be tech into any deck, whatsoever due from being a Stage 2. #InvincibleSolgaleo Garb is the prob, but Blowers got your back. I see this and Shining Genesect being a thing but not really. Whose energies I can offer just to make worth of Sol's 120-for-DCE attack? As a sidenote, it One-shots Broski! 5 Geodudes, I'm done!
  • Lunala-GX - OHKO GX attack! But it's too expensive. Period! 2 Geodudes

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Solgaleo is bonkers. Lunala, sorry, go be a bench-sitter. Solgaleo is probably big now. I know I'm speaking pretty early, but 250 HP with no weakness and 120 for a DCE? Dumb. Just dumb. GX attack likely doesn't matter, but maybe it will in some games.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If you thought Solgaleo was powerful before, look at the updated translation for that GX attack!