News New Pokemon To Be Revealed This Weekend, Likely Zeraora!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
On the topic of this Pokemon... eh? I mean I don't hate it like some people do, nor do I love it. But it really just feels like they wanted to recreate the fandom that Lucario created.
I'll agree with this one. Pokémon like this are just meh, it's pretty much a combo Electabuzz/Lucario. In truth I can't say it has much going for it, but I've seen much worse.
Why? Gen 8 isn't coming until 2019, that'll be next year's movie
Never been confirmed.
THERE'S A POKEMON SWITCH GAME COMING OUT THIS YEAR, WILL BE MORE THAN LIKELY REVEALED, THIS MAY.
Never been confirmed either.

Eevee merchandise means absolutely nothing, and shouldn't sway your opinion on a potential Eeveelution reveal at all. Of course they're going to make merch for it, it's one of the most popular Pokémon of all time. Why is this so hard for you all to grasp? That being said, it's still possible we'll get one revealed, no matter how slim the odds are. Absolutely nothing is set in stone or confirmed, no one should be jumping to conclusions so quickly.

MetalPharoah

Aspiring Trainer
You do realize that the main Pokemon team was nowhere near behind SM, right? They have been working on the Switch game for 5 years (that is MORE than enough time for the game to be completed, unless you want a 5000+ hr game) so SM is just filler, as was XY with the same qualifications. They would not leave this year empty when there is honestly nothing left for Sun and Moon. What would next years movie be? Groudon and Rayquaza against Necrozma revealing Triumphant Wargreymon Necrozma Mode? They have absolutely nothing left to squeeze out of this small gen.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
That's not to say "new gen confirmed", far from it, but tends are not written in stone. It's possible Pokemon switch has been in the works long enough that a next generation is plausible. Maybe it's a diamond and pearl remake/ retcon.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
You do realize that the main Pokemon team was nowhere near behind SM, right? They have been working on the Switch game for 5 years (that is MORE than enough time for the game to be completed, unless you want a 5000+ hr game) so SM is just filler, as was XY with the same qualifications. They would not leave this year empty when there is honestly nothing left for Sun and Moon. What would next years movie be? Groudon and Rayquaza against Necrozma revealing Triumphant Wargreymon Necrozma Mode? They have absolutely nothing left to squeeze out of this small gen.
Every Gen takes a gap year, no Gen has lasted less than 3 years.
It's also WAY too late for a NEW GEN GAME to be revealed. SM are less than 2 years old

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
My prediction on what Zeraora card looks like in the TCG:

- Very Low HP, a regular might ranged to 80-90, a GX might be 170 or 150 like Marshadow.
- Low Retreat Cost, 0-1 maybe (0 retreat is better)
- Atks for 1-3 Energy

Luxinity

Elegant Cosplayer
Interesting Pokemon... although it is weird to say in my local language because it literally translates to "Broken Head"

Luxinity

Elegant Cosplayer
Hmm, every gen takes a gap year?
Gen 1-1996(in japan) 1998(for the rest of the world)
Gen 2-2000(for the rest of the world) that's a 4 year gap...
Gen 3-2003, there we go, 3 years
Gen 4-2007- that's 4 years
gen 5-2011- that's 4 years again
Gen 6-2013, only 2 years
Gen 7-2016, 3 years

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Oh no... the whole "2018 or 2019?" thing affecting Gen 8's release has come here too.

That said, it should be noted that a revealing a new Pokemon from a new Gen isn't a good indicator of there being a new game this year. Munchlax, the first Gen IV Pokemon revealed to the public, was revealed in May 2004 with Diamond and Pearl coming out 2 years and 4 months later (and almost three years for the US). Personally, I'd rather see a 2019 release since that gives Game Freak more time to work out any kinks. Remember Miyamoto's advice on game delays...

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Every Gen takes a gap year, no Gen has lasted less than 3 years.

Your "Gap year" claim isn't accurate.

DaTy070V4AA9AVC.jpg:large

HGSS -> BW did not take a gap year.

At the very least, it does seem like no gen lasted less than 3 years,
but presently, I think it can go either way.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Predecessor is something that comes before. USUM are not Sun and Moon's predecessors they are their successors. Might want to fix that in the article.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Your "Gap year" claim isn't accurate.

DaTy070V4AA9AVC.jpg:large

HGSS -> BW did not take a gap year.

At the very least, it does seem like no gen lasted less than 3 years,
but presently, I think it can go either way.
???
Very detailed.

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
Never cared for the anime/movies, but Zeroara interests me. Wonder if he'll get a GX any time soon?

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I think Zeraora is more of a Zoroark / Pikachu combination. No doubt it will be popular! Did you know the datamined pokédex entries from USUM are very brutal!

''Zeraora tears its enemies limb from limb with its sharp claws. Even if they dodge its attack, they'll be electrocuted by the flying sparks.''

Btw I made a fake GX card for this Pokémon, check it out if you want:
https://bit.ly/2Ggt7ZL

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
My prediction on what Zeraora card looks like in the TCG:

- Very Low HP, a regular might ranged to 80-90, a GX might be 170 or 150 like Marshadow.
- Low Retreat Cost, 0-1 maybe (0 retreat is better)
- Atks for 1-3 Energy

nah, I don't think he's going to be that flimsy. The 70-90 hp range is usually reserved for the legendary/mythical pokémon, that are very small in stature. Zeroara is 4'11'' high, so my guess is that he's going to be more in the same ballpark as Darkrai, Latios and Latias, with 110-120 hp in the regular form and 170-180 hp for the GX.

I definitely agree on the attack costs, but what the retreat cost is concerned the pokemon tcg has a tendency to give pretty random values, for example looking at the 2 retreat cost on Tapu Koko GX and Zoroark (GX)