News New 'Pokemon-EX Challenge Boxes' at Walfart!

TotoBoss

Kappa
I dont live in the us, so idc. Its just trash. BUT.
Do I seriously see theme decks for just $5.92???!!! They cost freakin €13.95 here at its cheapest. Which recalculated is $16.42 thats almost 3 times as much....

clubnp

Aspiring Trainer
I dont live in the us, so idc. Its just trash. BUT.
Do I seriously see theme decks for just $5.92???!!! They cost freakin €13.95 here at its cheapest. Which recalculated is $16.42 thats almost 3 times as much....

The boosters are 5.95, the tag for the item is above it. Theme decks are probably 16+ in Canada.

SirKnight

Securing the win
The ONLY good one there the Volcanion one... and still about $30 to buy it, sooooooo no...

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
It's one thing to shell out hundreds for overpriced cutouts of cardboard, it's another to have that investment thrown away at the willy-nilly of a company out for a quick buck. Not impressed.

Did I really just see 6 dollars a booster pack?
I had to stop buying my packs at Toys R Us because that is the price they're at now for some reason. Everywhere else it's 4-something.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Compared to the last exclusive they had this is terrible. Let's put this into perspective if you bought a Tin and a theme deck that's twenty plus thirteen. You get two more booster packs AND a place to store everything for three dollars while sacrificing the Jumbo Card.

And I'm pretty sure all three of these EXes have a tin of some kind. There is no real value here only additional lost.

croagunk crew

Aspiring Trainer
This is just garbage.

It's repackaged theme decks, the promos are from tins (Pikachu, Volc) and the Mewtwo EX box.

Even for Volcanion, the most expensive card, $13 (deck) + $8 (packs) + $4 (promo) means you're getting 25 dollars worth of value. Just not worth it, but unexpected from the same company that stocks those Mega Mystery Power Boxes that always have a "vintage" Platinum Arceus pack.

Sjin

Aspiring Trainer
While these are a bit overpriced, I think they're actually kind of neat for beginning players or young kids. A theme deck with a guaranteed EX which will for sure fit in the deck is pretty good for a new player. Reminds me of MTG starter sets that come with a deck and 2 packs. Plus I'm a sucker for jumbo cards, and I don't think jumbo Pikachu has been available anywhere yet...so I might actually pick one of these up.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
I am a theme deck collector, and I remember buying 3 Dialga premium collection box sets just to get the Inferno Zone, Royal Frost, and Skull Charge theme decks. The secondary reason was so I could look at the playmats because nobody on youtube is doing an unboxing of these theme decks, and showing the playmats at the time. These box sets had 2 boosters, a theme deck, a jumbo card, and a promo card, which was a Dialga. The only difference was that it was a regular Dialga, not a Level X. I also wanted Palkia more, but it didn't come with the theme decks I wanted.

I bought those at Wal-mart, and they priced them at $25 CDN. It was at least less than $30 but more than $20.

Now we have the same thing, and it costs $40 CDN? Surely the fact that you get an EX over a regular card shouldn't increase the price by $15.

Remember the Prime Challenge Boxes? Do you remember it costing $40 CDN? I sure don't. Maybe $30 CDN at most.

So basically you have the Prime Challenge Box, Emerging Challenge Box, and the EX Challenge box. The thing they have in common was that they are based on the theme decks that were released in the summer (HS Undaunted, BW Emerging Powers, XY Steam Siege) and fall (HS Triumphant, BW Noble Victories, XY Evolutions). EX Challenge boxes cost way more than the other 2 for the exact same thing. Ok, not exact, but similar enough that there shouldn't be a $10 price difference.

This isn't Wal-mart jacking up prices. Wal-mart priced the Prime and Emerging Challenge boxes at $25 CDN.

Nothing to see here folks. Just the Prime Challenge box minus a booster (theme deck came with a booster) and an evolutionary line and $15 more expensive.

Last edited:

BeebubZ

yum... Just won a free booster box <3
Will the hoopa one contain ancient origins? The theme decks in the boxs remind me of older products :p.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Toys r us is usually the place here to get tcg products first. But everything is 2-15 dollars overpriced. Lucily they pricematch Walmart. I got a box there for like 20 dollars off because I price matched and had a 5 dollar off coupon.

These are a waste of money for me I don't want jumbo cards or theme decks so 30 bucks for 2 packs no t worth it.

Target here doesn't even have Burning Shadows.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
This is getting out of hand. I feel like they release a new box every other week. It's apparent they're just trying to get rid of backstock. $40 for 2 boosters packs, a theme deck, and a promo that's worth maybe a $1?