News New 'Pokemon Bank' Details for Transferred RBY Pokemon, Synced Pokedexes!

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
So I can move my living dex to bank, sync with Moon, have the national dex, then pull the Pokemon back to ORAS without keeping them locked to gen7?

Yes please I'll take two.

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
I was actually sort of looking forward to working on my Pokédex in SM, rather than just syncing it with my ORAS one (which is nigh-on complete). Oh well.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I like the National Dex update for SuMo. The games will get auto-updated to have all the Bank Pokemon you had.

And for someone who has a complete Living Dex, that makes me happy. I won't need to spend time updating, pulling Box after Box into, and out of my copies of Sun and Moon just to get all the data onto those games.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I was considering buying one of the Virtual Console games but the fact the nature is randomized for VC pokémon is a deal breaker for me.
Frankly, I think it's about time we get something in the games that let us change the pokémon's nature.

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
I was considering buying one of the Virtual Console games but the fact the nature is randomized for VC pokémon is a deal breaker for me.
Frankly, I think it's about time we get something in the games that let us change the pokémon's nature.
No offense, but this is a really stupid reason to not buy a game from the virtual console. Why not buy it for the sake of nostalgia and be able to play it so long as your 3ds is able to function?

And frankly, I disagree. Gitgud at breeding or learn how synchronizing works when it comes to catching legendaries.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
No offense, but this is a really stupid reason to not buy a game from the virtual console. Why not buy it for the sake of nostalgia and be able to play it so long as your 3ds is able to function?

And frankly, I disagree. Gitgud at breeding or learn how synchronizing works when it comes to catching legendaries.
Breeding is boring; having to have a Synchronizer in your party is one step below having an HM slave. Natures (and IVs) need to either be eliminated, or much easier modification introduced. It's at a point where I feel obliged to use things like PKhex to actually have fun in the postgame.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Breeding is boring; having to have a Synchronizer in your party is one step below having an HM slave. Natures (and IVs) need to either be eliminated, or much easier modification introduced. It's at a point where I feel obliged to use things like PKhex to actually have fun in the postgame.
Eliminating Natures and IVs = eliminating 99% of Pokémon competitive complexity. Pls you have to be kidding us. You don't know what nature your opponent's Pokémon is, or what IVs spread it has, and this is what determines a KO or not. I actually enjoy breeding, because when I smash people with my legit team, I feel like my efforts have really paid off, and this is a big piece of the victory's final satisfaction.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
The Random Nature is slightly annoying for the Bird Trio and Mewtwo but the chance for a Hidden Power is nice except for the Machamp line. You all might be wondering 'Why the Machamp line?' Because people are going to try and have No Guard Fissure Machamp. With Stone Edge.

Get your Sturdy Skarmory ready with your bird move of choice and hold on to your butts.

'EDIT' I'm a moron No Guard isn't a hidden ability for Machamp.

Last edited:

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
If the justification to cheating to get good 'mons is 'to have fun', then competitive pokemon is not for you. And like RealSlim said, getting rid of natures/IVs would remove the actual good part about competitive pokemon. Compared to the RNG that is used for crits, confusion, freeze, burn, paralysis, moves hitting/missing, etc. THAT needs to be removed WELL before IVs/Natures.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

LOL. First of all, I find it to be a much more stupid to buy a game for nostalgia sake. I actually like remakes, for that matter. Why would I want to play such an outdated game when I can play a more modern version of it. As an example:
I like pokémon since it came out in the west, but at the time I only knew the anime, I never played Red/Blue when they came out, I played them much later, on emulators. But if want to go that way, the first game I played for real was Sapphire (also on emulator). When I finally bought a DS many years later, I decided to buy a second-hand copy of Emerald (which is pretty much the same for the sake of this argument), but not because of nostalgia, but only because I wanted to catch the Hoenn Legendaries not available in Platinum. It was a real pain to play that Emerald game because of how slow it was compared to the DS games. And then in Gen VI, ORAS came and made me regret having bought that game, since I reused all the mons I used in my Emerald team, but with good natures (since, thanks to Bank, it was much easier to get a synchornizer from XY to ORAS in the early game).
That brings me to the reason of why would I still buy one of those games when I don't like to play them for lacking the newest features. I wanted to play with a team of Kanto pokémon that I never got to use before, and the chance of having them with good IVs and Natures after transfer was tempting.

So, second, I know very well how breeding and Synchronize works. Do you think I waited until I get to Poni Island to get myself a Jangmo-o for my playthrough team? I got one from the GTS and bred a perfect 6IV one as soon as I got to the Nursery.

And that's pretty much it. I play the games so that I can use the Pokémon I like, usually with a theme. I've restarted my X game (after moving my team from that playthrough to my Y game) just to play with a different team (all bred with good IVs and natures) cause there were still some Gen 6 mons I wanted to play with (I wouldn't have restarted the game if they had released a Z game though).

Eliminating Natures and IVs = eliminating 99% of Pokémon competitive complexity. Pls you have to be kidding us. You don't know what nature your opponent's Pokémon is, or what IVs spread it has, and this is what determines a KO or not. I actually enjoy breeding, because when I smash people with my legit team, I feel like my efforts have really paid off, and this is a big piece of the victory's final satisfaction.

I'm fine with Natures and EVs, but I wouldn't mind if IVs were gone. IVs are infuriating, not so much now with Destiny Knot breeding but still...

Last edited:

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Yeah Three Perfect IVs may not seem like much but they gave us the fix to that with Bottle Caps this Gen. They even help with trying to get Hidden Powers as you don't need to have the exact IVs to have the 'perfect' Hidden Power set all you need is to have the Hidden Power you want then get to level 100 which with Poke Beans, Lucky Egg and when not actively playing Pelago it's not as painful as it was previous gens. Sure we can't Blissey Farm like with OR/AS but it's not terrible I love that Pelago lets you get EVs, Levels, Items even hatch Eggs without playing which lets you not have to consistently play to get good stuff. The Soccer Mini Game was fun last gen but Pelago is great for more freedom

IVs only get bad now when you want a legend with a certain Hidden Power and Nature. HP Fire is a Nightmare on Legends.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Date announcement when Game Freak? Seriously, they said it's supposed to release in January and there's only a week left in January. The fact that they're talking about it is encouraging, but it's strange that they're waiting so long to announce the release date.

Dex synching is cool though. That eliminates a lot of needless transfers just for the sake of registering Pokemon you already caught in a different game.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
PokeBank is out as of 20 minutes ago!

You will also need PokeTransporter to transfer from Gen 1 -> Bank.

Which will hopefully happen soon because the server is already dead...

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Haha so Mew won't xfer from RBY nor will any bank'd Pokemon show up in your Pokedex. There goes my auto Pokedex fill :/

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Haha so Mew won't xfer from RBY nor will any bank'd Pokemon show up in your Pokedex. There goes my auto Pokedex fill :/

So they're blocking Mew? Can't say I didn't see this coming, but that's still somewhat disappointing. That was half the reason I was considering buying the VC games.