News New 'Mega Powers Collection' in May Featuring Four New Full Arts!

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
They're doing this so they don't have BW/XY layout cards in SM promo sets, and so that when they rotate everything from the XY era (so all XY Black Star Promos and all sets before SM) back in a year or two, they don't have lingering XY promos still legal.

That said it is odd that Lucario Spirit Link is standard Legal but not Lucario EX or the Mega.

Yeah, same as that odd XY Promo Mega Gengar.
But XY PhF Gengar-EX, PhF Mega Gengar, and the spirit link aren't allowed back in Standard.
On the flipside, I'm glad BW LTr Mew-EX was reprinted as an exact copy (artwork aside) XY Promo.

I'd still use the Lucario spirit link though for expanded play.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
Is it just me or does it look like the Mega Lucario has no texture?

Anyways, all the full arts are beautiful, I definitely need to get my hands on at least the Jolteon and Zygarde.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Is it just me or does it look like the Mega Lucario has no texture?

Anyways, all the full arts are beautiful, I definitely need to get my hands on at least the Jolteon and Zygarde.
Thats the Jumbo card, the full art regular sized card will have texture

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
Looove the artwork on Jolteon and Mega Manectric, and I'm really pleased to hear that these are textured! I was worried they'd be like the Generations promos and just like a sheen finish, which I think looks awful on full arts.

Gotta wait a little longer for mine since I pre-ordered a bunch of stuff together that was meant to be released today and some stuff was delayed :mad: not salty at all....