News New Legendary Battle Decks in September!

Wow. How often do these kinds of things appear out of freaking nowhere? How did we not know about this before now...

I find the timing a little odd. Why release this around the same time as the similar Battle Arena decks? What benefit is there to releasing them at the same time, instead of waiting and releasing them alongside Evolutions or something? Unless... Hmm... What if the contents of the decks contain "previews" of cards from Evolutions to help promote the set. (IE, giving some cards from it an early printing as a taste of what's to come.) I guess I could also just see these being more casual-oriented products to counter the more competitive-focused Battle Arena decks. (Or they could also be competitiveishly aimed, but to Standard rather than Expanded.)

Either way, I think it goes without saying that these products existing is weird.

I don't think that's it. It's just the Gen 1 bandwagon in general. Though the pin blister might sell better than usual due to people wanting the pins for that reason. :p
Pokemon GO! is literally Gen 1 capitalising, and the 3 teams are based on the 3 Legendary Birds from Gen 1....so yeah.

i will pick up one soon. I will be on team instinct or valor. But most likely instinct because my friend is on instinct

Twixz said:
Will these cards be legal for standard?

Probably, since they will most likely be completely new XY promos like the article said. It wouldn't make much sense for them to be straight reprints of the BW versions, since they require plasma energy.

Hello my loves. Was waiting for you to come back. I wonder if these will be 3 EXs in Evolutions like how Zapdos EX and Moltres EX were thrown in Plasma Storm. I really hope they get full arts. Zapdos and Moltres haven't had one and while this is a long shot, I hope they are reprints of the FRLG exs.

Do we know the retail price of these? will they be the price of a normal theme deck ($12.99) or a battle arena deck ($29.99)?

Do we know the retail price of these? will they be the price of a normal theme deck ($12.99) or a battle arena deck ($29.99)?

We don't know yet, but you can bet we'll share more details as soon as we get them. :)

It will be nice if these decks are more like Battle Arena decks than theme decks, they would have so many more good trainer cards in them.

$19.99 is about what I thought. (In US pricing. It's probably going to be more like $30-40 here in Australia. >.>) I'm expecting something a little more akin to the Red Genesect Collection than the Battle Arena Decks. (Yes, the Red Genesect Collection was basically a Battle Arena deck, but it wasn't as competitively focused, despite a few reprints of playable cards. It was more "decent" than it was "good".) I do expect the Pokemon line-up in these to be nowhere near as horrible as the one in the Red Genesect collection, though. (Man that was a joke. It was the Mind Wipe theme deck's Pokemon lineup with a worse Genesect. >.>)

You know what, let's add a rant in here... Why are Pokemon theme decks (and similar products) so expensive? Yu-Gi-Oh! Structure Decks are cheaper, and actually playable out of the box. (To the point where getting a couple of copies could potentially build you a fairly competitive deck.) You're lucky to get half a dozen competitive-level cards out of a Theme Deck, and you're paying significantly more for anything that's competitively-focused.

Back