News New 'Battle Arena Decks: Landorus vs. Genesect' in September!

Well Lando-EX is my most nostalgic card, and I need Genesects for VirGen on the PTCGO, so I'm definitely picking this up. I adore these products and while I don't agree with the 10 dollar price raise I still love them as a whole.

Well Lando-EX is my most nostalgic card, and I need Genesects for VirGen on the PTCGO, so I'm definitely picking this up. I adore these products and while I don't agree with the 10 dollar price raise I still love them as a whole.
Ah, yes. I remember when LandoBats was the way to go. It was the Drampa GX /Garbodor deck of our time.

Ah, yes. I remember when LandoBats was the way to go. It was the Drampa GX /Garbodor deck of our time.

I actually remember it mainly from playing Lando/Lucario in late '14 after pulling both arts of it at a random rack of BCR packs at a Meijer. Lando/Luca was my first really decent deck...Oh how I wish I could still play it as the times were those days.

I actually remember it mainly from playing Lando/Lucario in late '14 after pulling both arts of it at a random rack of BCR packs at a Meijer. Lando/Luca was my first really decent deck...Oh how I wish I could still play it as the times were those days.
Lando will probably be a lot better in expanded without as much Yveltal, and with no Archeops, Landy's evolution partners can be played again.

Unlikely to be the source of beach I think, but still a probability. Will be interesting to see when people finally get access to the cards

Ooo, nice, I'll finally be able to get some more foil Grass & Fighting energy from this. That's.... actually the main thing I buy these for. Though I do like that they're continuing to make foil trainers for these - makes it a bit more worthwhile, especially if you don't play much of any Expanded (like me!).

It would be cool if they start adding ace specs to these decks, that will be cool, especially since the cards are from the black and white era
Especially with them increasing in price. They also missed a big opportunity with the Black and White Kyreums not having their respective ACE SPEC cards along side them. The same with Genesect not having one of the cannons. Certain ACE cards will need print priorities obvious one being Computer Search but it would be a 'Good' opportunity to make some alternate art variants Computer Search using it's original art from the Base Set for a Retro ACE Spec would be pretty keen. Thanks to the new Alternate Art Reprints this is even more possible without throwing a monkey wrench into standard.

Another plus in it's favor over the last one is that there's two copies of each EX.

Final cliff note: Genesect better have EGGS! None of these Legendary decks have Eggecute and they've missed two decks with Grass Types to do so.

Especially with them increasing in price. They also missed a big opportunity with the Black and White Kyreums not having their respective ACE SPEC cards along side them. The same with Genesect not having one of the cannons. Certain ACE cards will need print priorities obvious one being Computer Search but it would be a 'Good' opportunity to make some alternate art variants Computer Search using it's original art from the Base Set for a Retro ACE Spec would be pretty keen. Thanks to the new Alternate Art Reprints this is even more possible without throwing a monkey wrench into standard.

Another plus in it's favor over the last one is that there's two copies of each EX.

Final cliff note: Genesect better have EGGS! None of these Legendary decks have Eggecute and they've missed two decks with Grass Types to do so.

I'm glad you noticed the increase in price. I might have to see how much value is left in the box set. Mewtwo v Darkrai and even Keldeo v Rayquaza had so much value (cards being worth more than the boxes they came in).

I do like the inclusion of 2 EXs, as it really makes them a lot more accessible.

I really want exeggcute, too...

I never understood why they increased the price on these battle arena decks. IMO, larger packaging and alt art promos of semi-competitive cards doesn't justify the $10 increase in price.

I never understood why they increased the price on these battle arena decks. IMO, larger packaging and alt art promos of semi-competitive cards doesn't justify the $10 increase in price.

They increased the size of the packaging in hopes that the parents of little kids think it costs $10 more than it should.

The price and packaging are a joke.

Do you know what's funny? I can shove 2 plastic deck boxes and 2 packs of sleeves in there as well, meaning that there is so much wasted space, and they could have done the same as well. Maybe then it would justify the $10 increase.

I got that same feeling after finding my old Computer Search card. God, how I miss those days!

This video sums up what I hate about this product, and the one before it. The ones before the one before it is fine though, although I would rather have reusable packaging.

Last edited:
Back