News New 'Battle Arena Deck: Black Kyurem vs. White Kyurem' in June!

Brent99

Aspiring Trainer
Will these be allowed to be used in expanded formats? And if so, are they worth the purchase/going to stand a chance against decks?

Skyrheslayervsg

Aspiring Trainer
Glad Trainer's Mail will be in rotation for another year with this. I hope that we don't get a Best of XY though, I want to see Shay and VS Seeker gone so that deck construction becomes a little more meaningful.
Actually no, the symbol on the card is an "A" which means "Alternate Art" it's still the same set it's from but instade it will also say the number of the card itself with an A after the first number Example: 12A/126

It looks like it has a set number rather than a promo number, I think we might be getting some of best of XY
Sadly no best of XY yet, that's the "A" for alternate art and you won't be able to use them in standards for they are still part of rotated out sets

Last edited by a moderator:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
And then there's the suckers like me that'll buy it for the Kyurems because he collects Ice-types. >.> (I'd assume their foil style differs from the pack ones, anyway, like previous Battle Arena decks.) Wonder if that Kyurem in the Black Kyurem is one of the two (three, but it's not going to be the Dragon Vault one >.>) Kyurem that didn't have a non-holo print, or if it's the Plasma one again. Could also, of course, be a typo and meant to be Black Kyurem, lol. Incidentally, I wonder which White Kyurem it is. (The non-EX, not the EX, obviously.) Anything but the Boundaries Crossed one would be a unique rarity, which would be welcome.

Also, heh... Didn't notice, but it's not two of the SAME Black/White Kyurem-EX. First time they've done that. It's one each of the Plasma Storm and originally-Boundaries one. Definitely need to find one of these decks now. :p

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
As if I couldn't love the Kyurems more. Now we've got a whole box for em PLUS the Sycamore and Trainer's Mail. And, with the Black and White sets being in my top favorite sets next to all of HGSS, this really makes me happy. I'm gonna buy this someday.

Elray

Expanded Player
Fun Fact: That red coin was previously available on PTCGO as part of the Cold Fire theme deck.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know who thought up the stupid idea to jack up the price by $10 and significantly increase the packaging size.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I think that in terms of the bang for your buck that we've come to expect from battle arena decks this falls pretty far short of Keldeo v Rayquaza.

You're probably better off buying the Sycamore/trainers' mail promos as singles a few months down the line if you want them.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
I think that in terms of the bang for your buck that we've come to expect from battle arena decks this falls pretty far short of Keldeo v Rayquaza.

You're probably better off buying the Sycamore/trainers' mail promos as singles a few months down the line if you want them.

If you buy them on Amazon, they are 30 dollars.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Still better to try to buy the promos individually, can get them cheaper than the mostly useless (except for Expanded if needed) decks.

And then there's the suckers like me that'll buy it for the Kyurems because he collects Ice-types. >.> (I'd assume their foil style differs from the pack ones, anyway, like previous Battle Arena decks.) Wonder if that Kyurem in the Black Kyurem is one of the two (three, but it's not going to be the Dragon Vault one >.>) Kyurem that didn't have a non-holo print, or if it's the Plasma one again. Could also, of course, be a typo and meant to be Black Kyurem, lol. Incidentally, I wonder which White Kyurem it is. (The non-EX, not the EX, obviously.) Anything but the Boundaries Crossed one would be a unique rarity, which would be welcome.

Also, heh... Didn't notice, but it's not two of the SAME Black/White Kyurem-EX. First time they've done that. It's one each of the Plasma Storm and originally-Boundaries one. Definitely need to find one of these decks now. :p

The Kyurem from the Black Kyurem deck is the Legendary Treasures one. The one from the White Kyurem deck is is actually the one from Fates Collide.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Well, the EX cards from promo packs are printed on a different holofoil paper. Sheen holo's are they called. But not many sellers do know that. And it is difficult for a collector to see the difference on a photo. Therefore, I do think it is sometimes better to buy the expensive battle arena deck....

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Battle arena decks should never cost $30 or more, and even $30 is stretching it. Battle Arena Decks are not box sets, and therefore should not have the packaging the size of box sets.

And to make things worse, I have read that this is the price and packaging style for all battle arena decks going forward.

Do you know what kind of preconstructed product should have this size of packaging and costs this much? One where it includes 4 decks and has rules on how to play an alternate format, like 2 on 2, or team battle.

Another way they could have sold this was to separate the 2 decks and sold them at $20 each.

Last edited:

BeebubZ

yum... Just won a free booster box <3
Cant wait to get this, Kyurem fusions have always been a soft spot of mine! Idc if the value is incorrect, it comes with some cool stuff: 2 A trainers mails, 2 A sycamores, 2 Vs seeker and a few cool trainers! aswell as the awesome ex cards.

Skyrheslayervspokemon

Aspiring Trainer
NOT WORTH 40$

Ok let's do the math
Trainers mail: x2 3.00 each so 6.00
Let's add the sycamores 2x 3.00 each no we are at 12
VS seekers: 5.00 each 2x 22
Add the black kyurems. Together are about 18$ so now we are at 40$
And haven't even add the other cards or energys pr other EXs
So yes it's very much worth the 40$
And just because let's ad the 8 holo
Energy which go 1$ each