Never buy cards for anyone other than yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE:  Never buy cards for anyone other than yourself.

Osiris' Prophet said:
Not really me buying a friend cards, but when my friend got 6 EXs in his box(first one by the way) he thought they were common and was mad about me telling him to get the box. Now he understands the whole jaw drop on that. Sometimes people can be ungratful for the nice things.

How can anyone think a card that looks like that be a common. Even a 2 year old would know they are rare, they have a holo border, ex in their name, special text. That's pretty funny though.

...Why are you guys all bummed?

I Always tell them that my so-called "Crappy" cards could totally kick you're so-called "ROFLTISCARDIZSOPOWUHFULL!!!!!1111PIE!!!!" card.

Oh he knew they were rarer than normal ones, he just didnt get that they were usually 3 per box, so six is nuts. He was excited about the cards afterwards, and while opening packs but just didnt seem to click how lucky he was.

When i got my first ex (magmar) I taught it was awful, nobody wanted an ex, until sandstorm-->gardevoir ex-->everybody became addicted

Ahhhhahahahahhahaha

Thats to bad you guys. I haven't had anything like that happen to me. Except back in the day where I used to play the Dragon ball card game. We both bought boxes, he got an Ultra Rare and I didn't. I however got a couple more promos than he did, so it was all good.

RE:  Never buy cards for anyone other than yourself.

aqua said:
I haven't had REALLY bad luck in a while. But... 6 Years ago when only the Base and Jungle set were out, my friend had a birthday. I bought him 3 packs of the Base set. He got a Charizard and Blastoise in those packs. Back then it would be like getting EX's now. I was pretty disappointed. He didn't even say thanks until he was done gaping at the cards, which took like half an hour. :)
At least he said thanks, not like the brother of Pimpwalkin'

I asked my friend to buy 5 DS packs for me and he came to me with 20 packs. I paid him for 5 packs and it all sucked.Then i begged my friend to give me 1 more pack for free.he was so kind to give me 1.and i got a metagross *. he got so fed up and scolded me. the sucker.....

Aw man that stinks. That is why I never buy cards for anybody because the ones that I pick are always good cards.:)

There is some kind of magic in this. I know to waste a minute trade packs with your brother and annoy whoever controls luck.

well, once me and my sister got a four pack non tin that came with a coin and a promo. well i got the dp packs and my sister got the other 2 packs. i got sucky cards while my sister got a celebi*!!!
and psyblazer_ex can you say that word here? (the curse word)

I hate it when this happens! Okay, so me and my friend go out and buy some MT packs. I got 2 and he got 2. My rares were unknown I and Mesprit. So I thought, not bad, a rare holo. He opens his packs and gets a Nidoqueen, Magmortar lv.x, and Reverse holo Garchomp! I got so mad...

This kind of happened to me, but I am a pokemon card collector, not a battler. But anyways, my dad bought both me and my 7, remember the number 7, year old sister. And both of the packs were the first Diamond and Pearl packs. Well, I switched the packs in the bags so I would get the pack that she picked out. Well, we got home and I opened my pack first. The best card I got was a Holographic Cherim or something like that, and guess what she gets. The RARE HOLOGRAPHIC MANAPHY! I was shot down like a bird. Well, I was grateful though that she really liked my delta species latios that I had a double of. So we traded. I also have another story, but not a story related to buying packs. But I will put that in another post of mine.

This thread is well over a year old. blazing pokemon master, please do not revive dead topics, especially threads that are this old. If the most recent post in a thread is 2 weeks old or older, please do not post in it.

This thread is now closed for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back