TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Ooo, I like that! From the Neo-era designs that I've seen, there seems to be a lot more gamble than in the modern era, so the flippiness actually makes it very Neo for me. :p

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Random idea that popped into my head last night. I doubt I'll make a image-based fake of it, but who knows? It's essentially a King's Rock that gives the holder the Serene Grace Ability.

Serenity King's Rock
Trainer/Pokémon Tool
[A white- or gold-colored King's Rock with a background glow shaped like angelic wings]
Once during your turn, you may apply 1 of the following effects: • If an attack requires you to flip a coin and the result is tails, you may ignore that coin flip and flip the coin again. • Whenever the Pokémon this card is attached to does damage to the Defending Pokémon, flip 2 coins (after applying any other effects of that attack). If both are heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

(Wording may vary by series)

Note: If an attack requires 2 or more coins to be flipped, you may only re-flip 1 of those coins (instead of all of them).

I'm going to try working on some drawings today, so hopefully I'll have some more fakes up soon!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've been taking a break from video games hoping that I could get around to drawing. Going on day 3 and I finally got a drawing/card done! :D

xander_s_shining_a_sandslash__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbgfpiu.png
alex_s_shining_a_sandslash__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbggu9t.png

Japanese Gym blank (left) by Cascade Gonpory.

I'll try to make an English version sometime later. Might wait until I've got some more drawings ready for cards, though.

EDIT: Went ahead and made an English version.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I don't know if I like the art on this one or not (I might redraw it later), but here's a card honoring the first Shiny I ever found:

xander_s_shining_golbat__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbgoyee.png
alex_s_shining_golbat__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbgq9na.png

Fake card, illustration, and trainer badge/icon by me. Japanese Gym-series blank reproduced by cscdgnpry.

(Frostbite Fang is a nod to finding the Golbat in Johto's Ice Path.)

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Finished making cards of FrozenFeather's bread Fakemon line (his art, not mine). (Mega Bunsprite actually features its Shiny artwork because I couldn't get the normal-colored drawing framed well, plus I think this pose is more dynamic and more suitable for a Mega card.)

yRd0E5t.png

And here's the completed Houndoom card I was asking for effect feedback on a while back. The art is by CeruleanSunshine @DA, one of my former college classmates. She also chose the attack name. The original card was Japanese, but I just had to see what an English version would look like.

aoAXH0M.png

Not sure when I'll post more cards with my own art. I've still got some sketches that need to be cleaned up and colored, but I'm not feeling motivated enough to finish them yet. I finally picked-up my Pokémon Colosseum replay again and now I've just got to finish purifying everything. (I wonder if any of them will turn Shiny?)

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I normally don't take requests, but someone asked if I could make an Ancient Gardevoir. I haven't been up to drawing lately, but I wanted to make something figured an Ancient-style pic would be easy enough and had just made a runic font for them. I think my previous Ancient Azelf looked a lot more official, but something's better than nothing!

ancient_gardevoir__custom_card__by_icycatelf-dbkxdcy.jpg

Gardevoir - HP70 (Fairy)

(Fairy x2) Elflight - 40

Embrace
Guardian Angel

Weakness (Metal) Resistance (Darkness) Retreat Cost (Colorless x2)

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've already used it on a couple other fakes and you might be tired of seeing it by now, but Sneasel was feeling left out since it was my only card from TheShiningTrainers not to have an English equivalent. I think I like it even better on this blank than the Japanese Gym blank!

alex_s_shining_sneasel__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dbt5k6t.png

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
This image popped into my mind when I was Shiny-hunting this morning, so I figured I'd try rendering it (as simply as possible) and turning it into a card:

t7Ot3pE.png

8i3bZ4X.png

The effects were just pulled out of thin air, so let me know if they need any work.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Before Espeon, there was Solareon. Well, not really.

solareon_in_pokemon_red_blue_by_icycatelf-dbzm2ze.gif

Lunareon (a fan-made PokéGod evolution of Eevee) has been around for a while now, but someone on DeviantArt wanted me to make a sun counterpart for it. It's mostly-symmetrical since I haven't sprited in a while, but this was the result. Solareon is a Light-Type.

This is for you who like the crazy tales that usually accompany my fake screenshots:
A prototype of Espeon was hidden in the first generation Pokémon games. Here's how to get it:

You must have cleared the E4 at least 100 times, completed the Pokédex (including Mew), and have six Lv100 Pokémon with Strength in your party for this trick to work. Fly to Vermillion City and talk to the old man at the construction site. He'll notice that you have strong Pokémon and will ask if you could help. If you choose YES, the screen will go black for a few seconds and return with the old man thanking you by giving you a pretty gem he found while working: a Sun Stone. This item can be used to evolve Eevee into Solareon (a Light-Type Pokémon), Oddish into Kireihana (a Grass/Light-Type Pokémon that would later be introduced as Bellossom), or Dragonair into Denryu (a Light/Dragon-Type Pokémon that would later be introduced as Ampharos). When connected to another generation or Stadium game, it shows up as MissingNo. (having not been programmed into the other games) and cannot be traded.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Since the old rumors didn't seem to be accompanied by any images of it, here's my take on the PokéGod, Millenium:

m66HYdc.png

Using the code provided by fansites to obtain this rare Pokémon would actually give the player a Typeless glitch Pokémon whose menu icon was a flower, though its movepool looked more deserving of a Flying-Type (it actually couldn't learn any Grass-Type moves at all, even by TM), so I made it a bird-like creature whose fanned wings make it resemble a flower.

It's visually based on the blue lotus, a flower that shares one of its names with the udumbara flower from Buddhist legend (also known as the 3,000 Year Flower, though I used 1,000 in the Pokédex entry to tie-in better with the PokéGod's name). It also draws inspiration from birds of paradise (which coincidentally share their name with a flower), extinct birds (such as Archeopteryx), as well as the Shangyang (a one-legged bird in Chinese mythology). The single eye is a reference to Yu-Gi-Oh!, a manga series that started the same year that Pokémon was released in Japan that I believe very well could've inspired this PokéGod's name (a misspelling of "millennium," as in Millennium Items).

I haven't settled on a Type, but I'm thinking Water/Flying or ???/Flying. (I wanted to make it Ghost/Flying, alluding the the udumbara's otherworldly nature, but there are no Ghost-Type moves in its movepool to support this decision -- unless we pretend that some of those Glitch-Type moves are actually Ghost-Type moves that were removed from the game.)

I may try to make an actual sprite of it sometime, but I don't know if I want to base it on this symmetrical image or it I want to try drawing it in a more interesting pose...

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
No new art (boo me), but here's a Japanese Neo version of my Alex's Aromoth card (as a non-trainer's Pokémon):

q4RJ1ES.png

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've been working on a print-resolution Ancient template and decided to make another Ancient Celebi:

ancient_celebi_pv_by_icycatelf-dc463xn.png

Print-resolution non-holo version:

Much better than the one I made eight years ago, imo!

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Printed Ancient Celebi (holo):

ancient_celebi__printed_holo__by_icycatelf-dc49aqb.jpg

I also printed (and shinified) some of my older unprinted cards while I was at it.

IVE4EhL.jpg

RJKFefW.jpg

Now I'm out of yellow ink. Dx

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Made a few changes to my new MissingNo. card (including removing the evolution text, since it's only 'M that evolves into Kangaskhan). I'm also considering changing the attack effect (seen to the right):

nOiq3KV.jpg
5qBz1XT.jpg

I kind of like the new effect, but I'm not sure if it's balanced for the classic era. There's a potential for crazy damage for the cost of only 2 Energy of any Type, but there's also a chance that it could do nothing (and never be used again, unless you have more than 1 copy of the card) and likely get KO'd next turn due to its low HP. There's also its high retreat cost, making it fairly easy for even 10/20-damage Basics to whittle it down should its attack fail. Of course, should it not fail, the attack can be used again next turn and potentially spell doom for the opponent. It would be especially effective against Psychic decks, I imagine.

MissingNo. has a ridiculous Attack stat in the games, so I'm trying to reflect this by making the attack borderline-OP. Opinions?

EDIT: I'm also not sure which of these wordings would be most correct:
  • If this attack does no damage, you can't use this attack again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
  • If this attack does no damage, you can't use it again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
  • If this attack doesn't do any damage, you can't use this attack again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
  • If this attack doesn't do any damage, you can't use it again as long as MissingNo. stays in play
- - -

Here's a TCG GB-style screenshot of the card:

MIafeXO.png

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Remake of an oldie. I think the original may have been my very first Japanese fake.

moltres_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko.png

I also made a Japanese version of my old Light Quagsire card:

QuagsireSML.png

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I wanted to use my glossy Type icons for something, so I decided to play around with another fake card back idea:

z7rXK4S.png

The Master Ball graphic is actually an image of a foam toy by Jakks Pacific with minor edits and a glossy effect added. The layout was inspired by the white-back Vending Series cards.

Here's the high-res version if anyone wants to use it on their prints (bleed, if needed, will have to be added manually): [x]

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
This back looks great, Neko - and I reckon we could potentially end up using it for a future faking community project, maybe! You implied that you've made some fake card backs before; are they in this thread somewhere?

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
This back looks great, Neko - and I reckon we could potentially end up using it for a future faking community project, maybe! You implied that you've made some fake card backs before; are they in this thread somewhere?
Am I sensing printed PokéBeach promos in the future?

I don't know if I posted my other card backs here or not, but here they are:

new_pokemon_card_back_by_karite_kita_neko-d3kogyj.png
Sq3b9n7.png

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
How to duel Alex (Nekoban Ryo) in Pokémon Trading Card Game GB:

Select Card Pop! from the main menu and hold the IR port of your Game Boy Color to Nekoban Ryo's avatar. Click A when prompted. Instead of receiving a card, you'll get the message "A new opponent appeared." Go to the Science Club's lounge and you'll find a new character standing in Imakuni?'s usual spot.

Before battle, Alex will ask if it's okay if he uses "fan-made" cards in the duel. Choose yes, else he won't duel you. He uses a Water/Grass deck featuring Wartortle, Dunsparce, and Lickitung as well as his custom Fakemon, Aromoth and Kalamyte. Regardless of whether you win or not, he'll give you a copy of his Aromoth card (though you can't use it since there's no way to get its pre-evolved forms in the game) and leave. You cannot battle Alex more than once per save file.

This trick won't work if you've already completed the game nor will it work on the Virtual Console version.

ODrWbuR.png
jkknR3S.png
FA2wGU8.png
qJEHBWf.png

Last edited: