Discussion Neglected Pokémon in the TCG

Purrloin

Venusaur has been getting a ton of love in Generations, but it's been a whopping four years since any Bulbasaur/Ivysaur card.

Also almost three years since a Squirtle/Wartortle, after the great Squirtle spam of 2013.
Yup. Just another reason why ex (which had to evolve) were better than modern Basic EX.

Not to mention more balanced. :p

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Yup. Just another reason why ex (which had to evolve) were better than modern Basic EX.

Not to mention more balanced. :p

Sadly, i doubt that we can escape the Basic EX's...if Pokemon decided to get rid of them for a new mechanic, It'd be way too slow compared to what we have now. At least it makes, when it does happen, a neglected Pokemon's return feel more special, since it isn't another Mewtwo, Charizard, Rayquaza*, or Gyarados card. Now all we need is a Darmanitan card in the XY era and I'll be happy.

*Note that while I hate spam of one Pokemon, I give Rayquaza a pass since M ray is such a good deck.

Last edited:

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Somehow, the XY expansion has several different prints of most of each of the new Gen. VI pokemon, but have only a single one of Bergmite and Avalugg. I think a new print of that line could be in order.

Not only that, they have yet to print a Super-Sized Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist set either - something I'm really surprised about, as that was quite a popular and notorious size to have in the main games.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Female Wooper. Nuff said.
But really, I want to see some Darmanitan action, as well as Cofagrigus. BW are my favorite Pokémon main series games, and it sucks to see so many Pokemon from them neglected. Also, I want to see Samurott, as It is the only stage 2 evolution of a starter in BW that hasn't seen an XY print.
But really, female Wooper. Make it happen TPCI

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This idea just came to me...Imagine a whole set that is full of neglected Pokemon. All card including Ultra Rares are Pokemon that are neglected.
It really could give people a chance to see their favorite Pokemon given a lot of love. BREAK cards seem to somewhat do this, but an entire set of less popular Pokemon would be amazing, in my opinion.

Purrloin

I've updated my spreadsheet for the Fates Collide expansion! Link is in my signature, as usual.

The Tallies for Fates Collide...

35 Pokemon were previously seen in XY sets.
21 Pokemon were previously seen in BW sets.
2 Pokemon were previously seen in HGSS sets.
12 Pokemon were previously seen in PLAT sets.
0 Pokemon returned from DP sets.
6 Pokemon have never had cards before.*

*(this includes Megas and the Zygarde formes)

Not a bad distribution at all! I for one will be welcoming every returning Pokemon with a kiss!... but not before putting them into a card sleeve, of course.

Purrloin

M-Steelix has been confirmed for XY11. At least we have one neglected Mega to check off the list to make up for yet another Gardevoir!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
M-Steelix reminds me of another neglected Pokemon... a couple, in fact.
Onix, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot.
Well the Pidgey line was in FlashFire. I'm just hoping for Shellos, Gastrodon, Cherubi and Cherrim in Steam Siege, I really want them to have cards again soon, especially the Shellos line!

BOONANA12

Lol Shiny Zard
Because the lawsuit was only about the cards, for whatever reason. I just assume Geller is an idiot.
I think Kadabra was banned in the TCG because of the Dark Kadabra card. Geller thought that the card tried to make him look like nothing but an evil man. (At least I think.)

Attachments

• search.jpg
    search.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 15

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
Can we have a kadabra card after uri geller dies? I mean have it not bending a spoon so he can pull off as an old man eating cereal and not uri geller.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Not necessarily. His estate could sue on his behalf.

Bending the spoon wasn't the only problem with Kadabra. Everyone always drags Uri Geller when this subject comes up but it's kind of Gamefreak's fault for basically naming the character after a real person (Kadabra's Japanese name is ユンゲラー, with a similar pronunciation and nearly identical visually to ゲラー, which is Uri Geller's name transliterated) and allowing a situation where said person could overreact and sue them (the "Dark Kadabra" card AKA "Evil Yungelar" in Japan).

Keep in mind he did lose the first time he sued. However, litigation still costs time and money for both parties and Nintendo would probably like to avoid any negative publicity that would come from going to court over one of their flagship franchises. It's also pretty undeniable that Kadabra is based on Geller so they're doing the smart thing by avoiding featuring the Pokemon anymore.

Last edited:

Purrloin

Mega Slowbro was announced for Japan's September set, which means we'll likely get it in November. One more Mega to check off the list!

It's a shame they slacked on the Megas so much though. The SM set is fast approaching and it'd be kinda annoying to have a bunch of XY era Megas in place of whatever new SM era Megas we get.

They should just do a last-minute "Here's the rest of the Megas" miniset before next Feb. :p

Johto King

A typhlosion fan
Recently we got confermation that

-Marrep and evolutions will be in XY 11 (First one sense Dragons Exalted)

-Rapidash and Pre-evolution will be in XY11 (First sense FlashFire, unless you count Generations)

-Drifloon and Evolution will be in XY11 (First one sense Plasma Blast)

-Talonflame and Pre-Evolutions will be in XY11 (First sense Roaring skies)

-Victini will be a XY-P (First Victini sense Roaring Skies)

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Roaring Skies was only a year ago, and there's been no shortage of Talonflame family cards since XY began, so that's not exactly impressive... lol. If PCL really wants to wow us, they should pull the Sinnoh fossils and Armaldo out of storage!

Last edited:

Johto King

A typhlosion fan
Roaring Skies was only a year ago, and there's been no shortage of Talonflame family cards since XY began, so that's not exactly impressive... lol. If PCL really wants to wow us, they should pull the Sinnoh fossils and Armaldo out of storage!

I wasn't saying the Talonflame line was neglected. I was just providing information on what cards were recently announced, and the most recent set they were in, so Purrloin can update the spreadsheet

Purrloin

Thanks for the update. I had meant to post about the Drifloon and Mareep lines here but forgot. D:

As for the spreadsheet, I update it as English sets release, not as Japanese cards are revealed, since it's primarily a "What is available in English for you to purchase right now?" sort of list.

In the meantime we can talk about the reveals of long-lost Pokes here. :3

I'm hoping Drifblim is playable. Back when the TDK deck was inundating competitive play, I had some fun with the anti-Plasma Drifblim.

Purrloin

Another Mega to check off the list with today's Mega Salamence reveal. With the timing I'd bet we either see it in our Nov. set or as its own box.

I was hoping the eventual M-Salamence release would mark the debut of a Zinnia card... am I going to have to start a list of Neglected Trainers too?!?