Discussion Neglected Pokémon in the TCG

XY10's Fossil Excavation kit certainly increases hopes of the return of other neglected fossil Pokemon.

Luckily only 6 fossil Pokemon (3 basics) are currently truly neglected. Lileep and Cradily got a BW print leaving only Anorith-Armaldo and generation IV.

Yeah, a fossil vault or "baby" based miniset would be a collector's dream.

Or maybe a baby ability with potentially competitive consequences. Something like:

"Ability: baby evolution.

If you play a (eg. Magmar) from you hand to evolve this Pokemon,remove all damage counters from it.

A Magmar played in this way may be considered both a basic and Stage 1 Pokemon."

Or something.

I'd love to see a Fossil-focused set.

The coming Fossil Excavation Kit in Fates Collide should come a long way in helping get fossils into play, which is welcome considering the Omastar line in particular is pretty powerful in that set. I'll be trying out a Kabutops deck myself (though it isn't the greatest card; but the Strong Energy reprint should give it a better chance going forward).

A Caitlin supporter card reprint or twist mountain stadium reprint will help get these fossil into play even more easily. I don't see that happening though.
Hopefully Bastiodon, Rampardos and Armaldo line also get a print somewhere perhaps in the next set after Fates Collide. They've been missing for so long now.

With Mega Beedrill's reveal, we're getting closer to having a card for each Mega... though we're still quite far away. I had once hoped that every current Mega would see a print sometime before the next official game release, because I imagine Gen 7 will bring us even more of them, but given how we have 3-4 XY sets remaining at most (one of which we already know all the cards for), that's looking to be an impossible task.

The remaining Megas which still need cards:
  1. Pinsir
  2. Medicham
  3. Banette
  4. Abomasnow
  5. Pidgeot
  6. Steelix
  7. Sableye
  8. Sharpedo
  9. Camerupt
  10. Salamence
  11. Latias
  12. Lopunny

Last edited:
My bet is on, if any, Steelix to be the next new Mega and Pinsir+Lopunny to be the 2 least likely to see theirs any time soon.

Lopunny is the one I want to see most. Followed by Banette.

I think Salamence is a good bet for the next Mega -- hopefully with an accompanying Zinnia supporter. I could also see Latias getting one, given how much attention Legendary and Mythical Pokemon have been getting over the past several months.

With Mega Beedrill's reveal, we're getting closer to having a card for each Mega... though we're still quite far away. I had once hoped that every current Mega would see a print sometime before the next official game release, because I imagine Gen 7 will bring us even more of them, but given how we have 3-4 XY sets remaining at most (one of which we already know all the cards for), that's looking to be an impossible task.

The remaining Megas which still need cards:
  1. Pinsir
  2. Medicham
  3. Banette
  4. Abomasnow
  5. Pidgeot
  6. Steelix
  7. Sableye
  8. Sharpedo
  9. Camerupt
  10. Salamence
  11. Latias
  12. Lopunny
Well considering Camerupt got an ex and sharpedo did also they both will probably get special boxes if they get mega cards
lopunny & pinsir arent all that special so they would probably get special boxes or some special little set

Steelix & Salamance will get an Mega EX soon in the next couple of sets
Sableye im not 100% sure about it could go 50-50

and that leaves 5
Latias
Pidgeot
Banette
Abomasnow
Medicham

Latias and Banette are the most likely out of these 5 to get EX's in sets
Abomasnow & Medicham are the least likely and probably will get special boxes
and Pidgeot could go 50-50 like Sableye

Are you planning to update the spreadsheet haha? There's some updates in order after Rise of the Psychic Kings (or were you waiting for Fates Collide to release?)

Are you planning to update the spreadsheet haha? There's some updates in order after Rise of the Psychic Kings (or were you waiting for Fates Collide to release?)
Yeah, I update it as English cards come out, mainly because English sets will often include cards that the Japanese set doesn't have (e.g. promos we missed out on) so I want to wait for the official setlist just to be sure. Plus I think it'd get confusing if I started adding Japanese releases to an English prints tracker :p

Yeah, I update it as English cards come out, mainly because English sets will often include cards that the Japanese set doesn't have (e.g. promos we missed out on) so I want to wait for the official setlist just to be sure. Plus I think it'd get confusing if I started adding Japanese releases to an English prints tracker :p

I thought so haha. I just wanted to be sure, and if it wasn't the case then to offer a friendly reminder. Thank you!

I think the radiant collections have been a bit of a missed opportunity as they are about the cuter side of pokemon and the baby pokemon fit that pretty well, think there is about 15 some baby pokemon and the radiant collections have been 25 cards that covers most of the set put some legendaries/EXes/trainers and you have a mini set like that done.

My thoughts exactly. Radiant collections are a prefect excuse but still neglect our beloved babies

Ash-Greninja comes out this week. I wonder if this will be the only time we see this card, and if in 5 years from now we'll look back and consider Ash-Greninja neglected... :p

Probably not. I think I'm content with it never getting another print, if that's the case.

I guess the same can be said about Trainer's Pokemon.

R.I.P. Misty's Goldeen 2000-2000 Had a rare and could use Supersonic
We will miss you greatly...

I wonder if the non-baby, non-kadabra pokemon thay remain neglected after AoPK will reappear sooner than later

I cant think of any reason Sunkern/Sunflora or Mantine would be deliberately neglected.

With another generation around the corner it will only get harder to keep it fair

1)I know it's a good thing, but like no more baby pokemon are printed anymore
2) since mega evolutions are such a thing, I'm presuming that mega sableye ex and oh god , mega slowbro ex : they managed to ruin mega mawile, and nearly mega diancie ex , I really dislike making new/ different pokemon exes but just ruin them with worthless attacks , it's like the company only tries making the meta pokemon amazing ( not all : dragonite ex had returned in furious fists but the whole dragon typing with its discarding attack doesn't give it the mighty position it had like past cards , like the old dragonite ex or even the dragonite back in dp series .

Yeah, a female Pyroar would be great to see.

Other notable gender differences that aren't well-represented:

- Unfezant has only 1 female print, in Emerging Powers.
- Hippowdon has no female prints yet.
- Frillish and Jellicent have featured both sexes on all of their cards, but the males are more prominent in the art.
- Meowstic has gone the other direction with 3 female prints and only 1 male print (which was a promo).

Back