Discussion Neglected Pokémon in the TCG

Forgive my newness but what legal reasons?

Uri Geller a self proclaimed psychic tried to sue Nintendo for 60 million Pounds in 2003 by saying that Kadabra is an unauthorized parody of himself. As a result the issue hasn't been resolved 13 years later and until it is we won't have any new Kadabra cards.

There also the issue with some people thinking the star and markings on Kadabras body are the SS symbols used by Nazi Germany.

Zangoose and Seviper.

Sure, there are "team Aqua/Magma" recent prints but they deserve a card in their own right.

Same goes for a lot of Pokemon who are severely neglected if not for "Team Plasma" prints.

Weezing, Muk, Steelix, Torterra and Infernape to name a few

For the record, Geller is Israeli, not Japanese

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the lawsuit was only about the cards, for whatever reason. I just assume Geller is an idiot.
Most likely because the pokedex would be messed up. In the end they would end up taking out a Pokemon from the code thus setting the pokedex BACK a number.

This may be based on some of my favorites but:
Carracosta (Early BW)
Nincada. I don't know but I don't recall seeing one since the DPP days.

Larvitar and Pupitar were just revealed for the next set after not being seen since HGSS Unleashed.

Looks like this set is going to bring back a lot of neglected Pokemon!

I'm still rather Disturbed about Deerling/Sawsbuck - those two haven't even got all their forms printed yet - the Fall and Winter ones still don't exist...

Still waiting for a Dewgong/Seel re-print..

I remember wrecking with it in the base set. Good times..

Deerling was revealed!!! Woo!!

I thought my signature would be stuck for a while, not just a couple weeks!

What the heck is this set, Awakening of the Neglected Kings?!?!

Deerling was revealed!!! Woo!!

I thought my signature would be stuck for a while, not just a couple weeks!

What the heck is this set, Awakening of the Neglected Kings?!?!

LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Larvitar line + Deerling Line.

though Tyranitar did show up recently as an EX. :3

LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Larvitar line + Deerling Line.

though Tyranitar did show up recently as an EX. :3
Not to mention Kabuto/Kabutops, Omanyte/Omastar, Alakazam... it's almost like their copy of the Pokedex lost a bunch of pages for half a decade and they just now got around to buying a new one.

Here's to hoping that it truly is the Deerling line and not just Deerling (though I would still be very happy). TPC does have a tendency to print an incomplete line in nearly every set, e.g. no Florges in Generations (granted, it was Radiant, but still odd), and Breakpoint (no Starmie), and Breakthrough (no Delphox), etc.

Not to mention Kabuto/Kabutops, Omanyte/Omastar, Alakazam... it's almost like their copy of the Pokedex lost a bunch of pages for half a decade and they just now got around to buying a new one.

Here's to hoping that it truly is the Deerling line and not just Deerling (though I would still be very happy). TPC does have a tendency to print an incomplete line in nearly every set, e.g. no Florges in Generations (granted, it was Radiant, but still odd), and Breakpoint (no Starmie), and Breakthrough (no Delphox), etc.

yes, its definitely refreshing to see more forgotten pokemon featured.
i've seen enough mewtwos, garchomps, lugias, lucario, seismitoad, shiftry, greninjas to name a few lol.

yes, its definitely refreshing to see more forgotten pokemon featured.
i've seen enough mewtwos, garchomps, lugias, lucario, seismitoad, shiftry, greninjas to name a few lol.
What, you didn't like seeing 10 Mewtwo's in Breakthrough? :p

What, you didn't like seeing 10 Mewtwo's in Breakthrough? :p

Haha, dont remind me. It's almost as bad as this Gyarados spam. 3 Copies of gyarados in Breakpoint + another re-print in the new tin + another re-print gyarados from Generations. And AO had 2 different ones...

Haha, dont remind me. It's almost as bad as this Gyarados spam. 3 Copies of gyarados in Breakpoint + another re-print in the new tin + another re-print gyarados from Generations. And AO had 2 different ones...
Don't forget about Charizard. 7 in set, 1 in tin, a box, a Red and Blue Collection, and one in Generations.

Last edited:
Lol, Dewgong and Seel. . .
I want a Mime Jr. I don't care what it does. . . and a Chimecho.

This is getting ridiculous. XY10 officially has Seel, Dewgong, Burmy, Wormadam (all types), and Mothim.

Additionally, Barbaracle finally got another card.

At least half of the Pokemon mentioned in my first post have been revealed since typing it up!

Last edited:
Back