Help Need some help with budget decks

gloomy0032

Aspiring Trainer
My friend and I want to get back into pokemon but we havent played since Next Destinies and Dark rush. So we were wondering where would be a great starting point to get back into the game im thinking if theres any new budget decks with sun and moon cards cause we dont know when next rotation is or if there is on

Hi, in the sun and moon base set there are pretty goods card for budget decks!
If you're not looking for some gx but your only goal is to have fun I suggest to make something with

golduck
Hp 90
one colorless 20
one water 60x (you can discard up to 2 water energy from your hand, this attack does 60 per each energy you discarded this way)

or also

passimian
hp 110
one fighting does 30 damage to one of your opponent's pokemon
two colorless 10 plus 30 per each passimian in your bench (very fun deck if you play with the mew that can copy attacks from other pokemon)

anyway I strongly recommend you to buy theme decks, I played both the incineroar's one and the primarina's and I have to say that if you pull out some useless cards (such as makuhita or fighting energy for the fire deck) and replace with some supporter you will have very fun results.

For example in tcgo I've beaten many decks just modifying the incineroar theme deck.

Last but not least, on one knows what will rotate on september but I suggest (as I did with the new players in my city community) to invest in card from evolutions on, also sun and moon and guardian rising are plenty of useful trainer.

Golduck and Passimian won't win you many games in the current format. I'd recommend Discount Pokemon Decks on youtube. He puts out a ton of competitive decks that are low budget. And he's a good teacher, good at explaining the little things that make a difference.

There a lot of solid decks for all budgets, especially if youre trying to be mindful of what we might or not might lose in rotation.

Greninja Break is a good option, with the most expensive cards being the Greninja Break ($5 - $7 each) and the VS Seeker ($4-$6). Most of the core shouldn't be rotating, and it gets you key staples like Sycamore, N, etc

Sylveon GX is fairly inexpensive as well, but most of the cards aren't as transferable.

I recently got back into the game around the Steam Siege era after being gone for about 6 ish years, so I decided to focus first on getting core staples, and then building from there.

There a lot of solid decks for all budgets, especially if youre trying to be mindful of what we might or not might lose in rotation.

Greninja Break is a good option, with the most expensive cards being the Greninja Break ($5 - $7 each) and the VS Seeker ($4-$6). Most of the core shouldn't be rotating, and it gets you key staples like Sycamore, N, etc

Sylveon GX is fairly inexpensive as well, but most of the cards aren't as transferable.

I recently got back into the game around the Steam Siege era after being gone for about 6 ish years, so I decided to focus first on getting core staples, and then building from there.
Can you provide some deck lists (or links). Getting back to Pokemon after a while as well

Welcome back Swampert fan. I would point you to Discount Pokemon Decks on youtube. He puts out quite a few competitive decks that are very affordable. He even did a Swampert deck a few weeks ago.

Greninja BREAK has a very strong place in the meta and is one of the cheaper decks to build, because it does not require Tapu Lele-GX. It does have a learning curve however, so as a returning player you will need to both get a feel for the current metagame and learn the intricacies of the deck. However Greninja has strong matchups against many of the popular decks, and when it gets set up usually dominates games. It's biggest weakness is itself, as it is prone to odd hands and slow starts. I would suggest running the Talonflame version of the deck until you have a good feel for the early game.

Greninja BREAK has a very strong place in the meta and is one of the cheaper decks to build, because it does not require Tapu Lele-GX. It does have a learning curve however, so as a returning player you will need to both get a feel for the current metagame and learn the intricacies of the deck. However Greninja has strong matchups against many of the popular decks, and when it gets set up usually dominates games. It's biggest weakness is itself, as it is prone to odd hands and slow starts. I would suggest running the Talonflame version of the deck until you have a good feel for the early game.
Could you provide a decklist?

Yeah just Google Greninja Break deck list and you'll find plenty. The problem with Greninja is that it's weak to Grass and there are a ton of good Grass Pokemon.

Back