Need some advice

I

ikarihiokami

OK...haven't played this game in a while...mainly because I always use eevee decks when I play. I had an eevee deck when the EX series was out and sold it a little while ago because I knew they would be eventually rotated out.

I'm wanting to make a new eevee deck that's tournament legal...but I'm fiding that with the new eevee cards...its harder this go around to make it work.

My ex unseen forces eevee deck worked so well because it had the ability to power it self up really fast. With it I could evolve eevee first turn, use Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon to do 20 damage first turn and at the same time power up my bench. The second attacks worked better with 3 different kinds of energy so the 5 different types of energy in my deck weren't a problem. I only had 5 basic pokemon in my deck so the person I was playing got to draw several more cards first turn than me... ^_^() ...but in the end it didn't matter half the time. Before long I would have my benched filled up with eeveelutions the person I was playing was weak against.

When I played in organized play I got fourth place...but what I was really proud of was the fact I made a deck that no one else had...that everyone thought wouldn't work because I only had 5 basic pokemon in it...but it did work...well.

My problem now is the new eevee cards don't work as well together as the old eevee cards. Eevee can't evolve and attack first turn, I'm more limited to who I can evolve her into and when, and it looks like powering up the attacks is going to move vvveerryy...vveerrryyy...sllooowwwlly. The only positive new trait I can see about the new eevees is the fact I won't have to load down my deck with great balls to get eevees on my bench...so that's room in my deck. I'll get to choose between an Ice type or a water type and I won't have to make room for more energy cards to power up either or. The new attacks look pretty wicked...I just...am having trouble pulling it all together.

I'm one of those guys who studies the cards online, makes a fake deck to try and plays it against someone with a good deck to make sure it works, then buys the cards off ebay.

So I'm looking for advice. How could I make an all eevee deck work using only D&P cards. I got some ideas...but I can't seem to get around the whole slow to power up thing.

Thanx guys.

Believe it or not, the new eeveelutions are pretty good contenders. Obviously not ex worthy, but still quite good. You have to look into the breakdown of your metagame and see what will run well there. I ran an eeveelution deck this weekend at a battle road, and got 2nd with it. Only losing to that blasted gardy/gallade. Leaf and Glace were the two main attackers, and Umby and Espy were techs for obvious reasons. The deck was very fast. I do see some work that it's going to need, but i built it the night before. Just keep practicing with the combo of what you want to use and go from there!

The problem with the eeveelutions isn't even the cards or the speed but the new freaking weakness change. Leafeon combos great with every other eeveelution. Glaceon is just meh. The rest can't really work by themselves without a leafeon in play to jack them up fast.

Back