• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Need help building Lunala GX Deck

SuperTrainerSamYT

Aspiring Trainer
I Have been having fun testing this Lunala GX Deck, however I feel like it has not reached its full potential. Heres what I have so far:
Pokemon
3 Cosmog (SM)
1 Cosmoem (SM)
3 Lunala GX (SM)
1 Mewtwo EX (BKT) (Damage Change)
3 Wobbuffet (GEN)
Trainers
4 VS Seeker
3 Rare Candy
3 Trainers Mail
3 Max Potion
4 Max Elixir
3 Ultra Ball
1 Super Rod
1 Escape Rope
2 Float Stone
2 Exp. Share
1 Skyla
3 N
2 Lysandre
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Parallel City
Energy
11 Basic Psychic Energy

The goal is to use Psychic Transfer to move energy around and heal w/ max potion, and spam Moongeist Beam once ready. Use Wob to stall and ability lock and dump energy on to Mewtwo via Psychic Transfer to use shatter shot as a secondary attack.

Pros:
Free KO with Lunar Fall GX
Healing
Hard to stop once it starts

Cons:
Weak to Yveltal
Kind of slow

Please help me out ;) thanks!

Why would you only use one cosmoem? If it gets prized up you're done for and if you DO get it, you'll only end up having one lunala at the very most. However, it's very unlikely that the cosmoem wont be prized up at the beginning of the game.

Why would you only use one cosmoem? If it gets prized up you're done for and if you DO get it, you'll only end up having one lunala at the very most. However, it's very unlikely that the cosmoem wont be prized up at the beginning of the game.
You do realize he's running candy right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not that experienced, but maybe you should think about the energy consistency? If I know the cards good enough, there are not many cards to get energy from your deck, and no cards to get energy from your discard pile into your hand. So if your Lunala with 3 energy is knocked out, and a few energy are in your prizes, you might have a consistency problem? I understand the idea of Psychic Transfer your energy once they are attached to your active or benched Pokemon, so Max Elixer is a great card and might do the trick for you.

But maybe I would add one or two cards like Professor's Letter, Fisherman or something? Energy Recycler or Brock's grit could maybe be an option as well, but they only shove cards from discard pile to your deck, so depending or your remaining deck size they may be good or not, especially combined with Max Elixer. Again, I see you already have Super Rod which maybe is enough and Brock's grit is a supporter instead of an item, however Energy Recyler is an item as well.

Maybe I'm too worried about getting the right amount of energy, but I just hate losing because of not getting enough energy...

I have a friend who runs a deck like this (albeit in expanded) and he includes one Solgaleo-GX solely for its ability. Combining the abilities Ultra Road with Psychic Transfer means that you can move around energy and Pokemon in play. Also, you don't really need Exp. Share because you can just Psychic Transfer before you get KO'ed. An extra Psychic energy helps with your Max Elixir chances and helps feed your extra

-2 Exp. Share
-1 Float Stone
+1 Solgaleo-GX (SUM)
+1 Cosmog (SUM)
+1 Psychic Energy

Just a sidenote: for all the naysayers of Lunala-GX, this sort of deck wrecks my M Gardevoir deck because Lunala-GX heals completely before I can 2HKO it.

Back