• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My updated Decidueye GX Zoroark GX list

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Hi this is my personal Zoroark/Decidueye GX deck list and this is what I use right now at league cups and at my League. So, hope you enjoy

Pokemon: 22

4x Decidueye GX (SUM) (snipe)
3x Dartrix (SUM) (Evo)
4x Rowlet (SUM) (Evo)
3x Zoroark GX (SHL) (Attacker)
3x Zorua (SHL) (Evo)
1x Tapu Koko (Promo) (spread)
1x Espeon EX (BP)
1x Xurkitree GX (Promo)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GAR)

Trainers: 30

4x Profssor Sycamore (BP) (Draw)
3x N (FCO) (Draw)
2x Mallow (GAR) (Draw)
2x Guzma (BUS) (Control)
2x Bridgette (BT) (Setup)

4x Ultra ball (SUM) (Search)
3x Rare candy (SUM) (Evo)
3x Field blower (GAR) (Tool and stadium removal)
2x Rescue stretcher (GAR) (Recovery)

2x Choice band (GAR) (Damage)
3x Float stone (BT) (Retreat)

Energy: 8

4x Double colorless energy (SHL)
3x Rainbow energy (BT)
1x Grass energy

Notes about the list:

This deck is built to one shot all of our opponents Pokemon except for things like Gardy's and Metagross's and other stage twos. I think that this list is better than other Zorocidueye decks against basic decks because we again, go for one shots, but we can also do well against evolution decks with our decidueye's and Espeon EX to put in some work against the evolution's. We also play a 3-3 split of Dartrix and Candy's to have a better mirror mach up and do better against Sylveon GX.

Xurkitree GX:

We play one copy of Xurkitree GX to stall with its ability that prevents damage done to it by Pokemon with special energy attached to them. We can also use Lightning GX to disrupt our opponent because we play rainbow energy.

No max potion or Evosoda:

We don't play any max potion or Evosoda because this deck is already very consistent with Zoroark GX in here for the draw support, and I have never been in a situation were I wished I had max potion either. In my opinion Max Potion is only for decks that can easily fit it in and be used consistently (Gardy, Metagross, or Sogaleo), but in this deck it would only be used for when your losing by a lot and are barely hanging on to the game, but this never happens with my list. Evosoda is only for decks that don't have much draw support and need to get setup fast, our deck has lots of support with Zoroark so it's not needed.

Please tell me what you think of this list and any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

I'd remove one Rescue Stretcher for a Special Charge because you're very reliant on Special Energy and Enhanced Hammer is common.

I personally would prefer 2 Skyla over 2 Mallow, simply to get that T2 Decidueye easier.

I could use the special charge over the other stretcher but when playing against energy denial it really isn’t that hard to win with our Decidueyes, and I really like the extra recovery.

The reason why I play Mallow is because we can get whatever two cards we want with trade and I find this way better than Skyla for that reason.

I think Mallow in here makes sense indeed, I use 2 Mallow in my Decidueye / Zoroark deck as well. And if you would use Skyla for T2 Decidueye, than Mallow is still way better (if you have 1 Zoroark GX out).

Xurkitree-GX is such an interesting inclusion, that I have to test it. I'm not sure whether it could work quickly enough, since you'll only use Feather Arrow then? And the weakness (fighting) isn't great I guess, against Buzzwole for example (if they don't use Strong energy of course), or Gallade.

Against which decks do you use Xurkitree-GX and do you have the idea it works really well?

Last edited:
I use Xurkitree against all decks that play special energy and it really helps against Gardy and Buzzwole witch both play special energy. I can also use lightning GX because we play rainbow energy, witch is really good to add extra prizes for our opponent and disrupt there hand. Everyone at my leage doesn’t like the Xurkitree because they think it’s doesnt do anything but it can help you stall in the active while your Decidueyes snipe on the bench, and has won me a lot of games with stall or Lightning GX.

Ps, Xurkitree GX replaced the Hoopa (SHL) in this deck because it shuts down more Pokémon.

Back