• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My Malamar/Ultra Necrozma List For Forbidden Light

Hickory Ham Man

A decent TCG player
Pokemon:
3x Ultra Necrozma GX Forbidden Light
3x Malamar Forbidden Light
3x Inkay Forbidden Light
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI
1x Mew FCO
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX ULP

Trainer:
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
3x Sycamore
3x N
2x Brigette
4x Ultra Ball
4x Mystery Treasure
3x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
1x Beast Ring
2x Choice Band
4x Float Stone

Energy:
8x Psychic Energy
4x Metal Energy
1x Beast Energy Prism Star

If anyone has recommendations to change the list, feel free to leave a reply

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I would drop a Brigette/Ultra Ball + 1 card for 2 Parallel City. You want to be able to get it up before the opponent, since the stadium badly hurts the deck. The list is otherwise really solid.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Hickory Ham Man,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Brigette (one is sufficient with the the number of Pokémon search items in this deck)
- 1 Ultra Ball (seven search items in addition to two Tapu Lele GX and one Brigette is sufficient and the space was needed)
- 1 Beast Ring (excellent card but one is not reliable enough with the restricted time frame that this card can be used in)

+ 1 Professor Sycamore (the deck needs a stable ten draw supporters since it is rather aggressive)
+ 1 Professor's Letter (searches out metal to be attached to Ultra Necrozma GX and psychic to discard with Mystery Treasure and Ultra Ball)
+ 1 Choice Band (since the deck is aggressive the extra damage boost helps a lot to achieve ohkos getting away with only two benched Malamar)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually starting to doubt the need for Brigette. The deck runs 8 search cards, so getting out 2-3 Malamar and 1 Ultra Necrozma is definitely not difficult by any stretch of the imagination. Turn 1 Lillie has been much better in my testing. Cutting some cards to add consistency, such as adding 4-4 Malamar, turn 1 Lillie, and Lunala Prism would be my only suggestions.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I've been testing a ton with Ultra Necrozma/Malamar, and I've noticed a few things that make the deck more consistent and just so much better.

First off, in my testing I have found Brigette is not needed whatsoever. You're already running 4 Mysterious Treasure and 4 Ultra Ball, so it shouldn't be difficult to get the setup you need. Like @TSA123 said, Lillie is much better in this situation.

Also agreeing with what TSA said about bumping the Malamar count up. You'll never have more that 3 Malamar out at a time, but having a larger count just makes it that much easier to get out. A 4-4 line is mandatory.

Lunala Prism is also good in some situations. You only need to run 1 Lele. You want to maximize your bench space, and when you're trying to get 2-3 Malamar on your bench, then maybe a Dawn Wings and an extra Ultra Necrozma, that's a full bench right there. Trust me, two Lele's isn't needed.
Last thing I have to say is why Beast Ring? The deck runs fine without it.

I would also consider playing Oranguru. It can definitely be clutch in some situations, just being able to give you that extra draw you may need.

so here's the changes:
-2 Brigette
-1 Lele
-1 Beast Ring
-1 N

+1-1 Malamar
+1 Lunala Prism
+1 Oranguru
+1 Professors Letter

Hope this helps ^w^

~Jade

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like if your going to have four M energy anyway that it just makes more sense to play Unit energy for the flexibility.

vaporeonH20

Aspiring Trainer
Just based on previous comments here and discussion I've seen elsewhere.

You might want to keep a split of 1/1 Brigette/Lille to keep the options.
If you go first you have the turn advantage to safely get Malamars out by T2, though if you go 2nd Brigette is a more safer route to get multiple inkays out preparing for a ko from your opponent. There are arguments for leaning to just one or the other and honestly even if there is an established list I wouldn't say one is wrong or right (or remain better than other).

-Buzzwole looks to still be a deck to be respected. There are ways to tech for this to strengthen its match-up:
*Either through Dawn-wings (through its GX attack especially) or Mew FCO. So upping a count on one of these two for the perhaps the 4th float stone.
*And/or swapping one metal energy for the unit energy just to having another out to satisfy Dawn-Wings attack more consistently. Running one special energy shouldn't be too costly.

-The Lunaala Prism star, though it provides an alternative way to accelerate especially under garb. Its like stand in Zoroark, it helps a selection of games but not on a majority its worse off. It can pull its weight if your falling behind, however with beast ring, field blower and decent attackers against garb you can operate well enough anyway around typical garb decks.
Some issues are you don't get enough psychic in discard tor the bench space to make best use of it. It can still get stranded and that is always something to be weary about.

If anything this card should be swapped with beast ring, but I personally I feel beast ring does a similar job of responding and swinging the board state as well as utilising the metal energy and being able to search out energy from the deck. I only don't like beast in this deck at the moment because I don't know whether the deck often finds it on turns it is active.

Last edited:

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
I feel like there are almost 2 variants of the deck, one that just gives up on garb and plays mew, ditches the beast ring, and drops the counts of main attackers other than mew, and the one with lunala and beast ring to have a better garb match-up, but at the expense of a bit of speed, and a lower buzzwole match-up. Personally I would prefer the first one, because buzzwole is going to be leagues above the rest of the format, though I could see the use in a better garb matchup