My Dragonite Moveset

PkmnTrainerAFV

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite: Adamant Nature (Life Orb)
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace
Roost

Rate please. I could use some feedback before I go wi-fi.

Im not using the dream world ability. Im using my classic Gen 4 buddy.

Why brick break over aerial ace?

btw I do ev train.

It seems like a good idea.
How about this moveset.

Adamant Nature (Life Orb)
>Dragon Dance (not changing)
>Dragon Claw (not changing)
>Roost/ ExtremeSpeed
> Brick Break/ Fire Punch

Fire Punch might be better than Brick Break just because it can take out Ice types, even though I don't take on Ice types with Dragons which is why you may prefer Brick Break.

Im torn between Roost or ExtremeSpeed however.
Roost to gain back lost HP from Life Orb, but ES to take out any Pokemon that barely survived a hit.

I would probably use Earthquake over fire punch and brick break. The only things you don't hit are Skarmory, Bronzong with levitate, and Shedinja. Brick Break doesn't hit any of those hard enough, and with Fire Punch, you lose coverage against Heatran which is really important. Earthquake also has 100 base power while fire punch and brick break only have 75.

Can someone make a moveset out of the following moves?

Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Roost
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Brick Break
ExtremeSpeed

I like that one. If I cant use Roost then I wont use Life Orb then. THat said, how come I put 252 Evs into Speed if its its lowest stat. I think it pointless. With Dragonites bulk would you want to put it into its defenses.

Hyperbeem said:
Well, almost all Heatran are carrying a Balloon and will dispose of Dragonite with Dragon Pulse. Skarmory is also really popular with all the Salamence about. Earthquake is probably the better option on a more offensive set.

You can still break the balloon with Dragon Claw, then OHKO with Earthquake. Otherwise, good luck beating it with Dclaw.

For a Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Roost set, I would run Adamant with 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Speed. You want 252 HP to abuse Roost and Multiscale as much as possible, and the 204 Speed beats base 115s at +1 Speed.

You still want a decent amount of Speed on Dragonite so he can outspeed certain threats. It's really hard to get 2 Dragon Dances, and it's not a good idea to rely on Multiscale with all of the passive damage around.

Ah alright, I hadn't caught that. If you don't have Multiscale, I would just go with DD and 3 attacks. If you still want Roost, and the decision is Earthquake or Fire Punch, I don't see Balloon Pokemon as a good argument to use Fire Punch. With Heatran, you won't be beating it with Fire Punch or Dragon Claw. Other pokemon that use balloon, like Terrakion are hit harder by Dragon Claw anyways. The only time it makes a big deal is against Excadrill, but i doubt a +1 Fire Punch does enough to OHKO. Most of the time, Dragonite won't be staying in on the Balloon Pokemon (Terrakion / Excadrill) anyways, unless they have prior damage. If they have prior damage, they probably don't have Balloon anymore.

Edit thanks to Pride: Skarmory and Bronzong aren't worth using Fire Punch for either. Fire Punch won't be anything less than a 3HKO to either, even at +1. Skarmory could whirlwind, and Bronzong could use Gyro Ball which would do a lot with DD pumping up Dnite's speed.

Back