• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Muk Lock (Muk, Metagross, Mismagius, Vileplume)

I'm considering taking out the Muk line for just two Drowzees. Needs some testing and if it works out we got more space to work with.

julliant said:
I'm considering taking out the Muk line for just two Drowzees. Needs some testing and if it works out we got more space to work with.

Not a bad idea. however, the reason i like muk, is because he has a higher hp (i wish it was just 10 better tho), can actually attack (if you don't have metagross), and it's poison and confuse rather than sleep. If you can get an active stuck there, he will slowly lose hp, so that when you decided to take him out (either as active or after he's gone back to the bench, he will have less hp to deal with). Also, with confusion, if they decided to attack, there is a 50% chance you will not get hit, and they will deal 30 damage to themselves. You have a 50% chance of them still being asleep (and they cannot retreat if asleep), but if they wake up, they will most likely kill drowzee, and will have no lasting effect. With muk, if you pull someone up and they attack and miss, that means 2 poisons and 3 for the confusion miss. That means Muk can now attack for 50 + 30, dealing 130 damage from your turn to his (140 after your turn is done). Or, you can put in Metagross, and have a 50% chance of the active hurting itself and missing you, while hitting their bench for 80 total damage.

Drowzee might be good to run 2 of (take out a muk line), since if you get a metagross up faster than muk, drowzee can go pull some people out. However, drowzee should probably never pull out a loaded attacker, as he has low hp, and if they awake, they have nothing to stop them from attacking. Muk can pull out a fully loaded big hitter, and have a 50% chance of taking him out next turn. fully loaded probably also means they can retreat, but if you make them burn a ton of energy retreating, they can have trouble getting it back (i've done this before with muk, as they just ran out of energy, and got actives stuck there)

but test it out and let me know how it goes :)

Force! That drowzee Idea was a good idea actually. because you love to use metagross's second attack to snipe the bench. If you put there active to sleep and they roll tails then you get a free turn to attack without having to worry about a counter attack. Unless they run switch.. then not :p

Well, I will be taking this deck to nationals. It will probably stay the same, with maybe a small change here or there depending on how testing goes in the next couple days. I will let you know how it does tho :)

Good deck, just that there are too many Pokemon and your deck is just a little too slow, as LostGar variants (with Mew and Mime Jr.) will just Sleepy Lost and Lost Link (Gengar Prime's Hurl Into Darkness)/See Off will just send your Pokemon too the Lost Zone too quickly, and I know you put a Jirachi to stop Speed decks, but Zekrom will still just run you right over, same with Cinccino or Jumpluff if they manage to set up quickly enough, so I would":

-1 Gloom
-1 Metang
+2 Rare Candy
-2 Seeker
+2 Pokemon Reversal

OU Pokemon said:
Good deck, just that there are too many Pokemon and your deck is just a little too slow, as LostGar variants (with Mew and Mime Jr.) will just Sleepy Lost and Lost Link (Gengar Prime's Hurl Into Darkness)/See Off will just send your Pokemon too the Lost Zone too quickly, and I know you put a Jirachi to stop Speed decks, but Zekrom will still just run you right over, same with Cinccino or Jumpluff if they manage to set up quickly enough, so I would":

-1 Gloom
-1 Metang
+2 Rare Candy
-2 Seeker
+2 Pokemon Reversal

I like the idea, and even played around with it before, but once I get vileplume up (which I can do about 70% of the time in the first 3-4 turns), all those cards become useless. Also, If I take out a metang, get the lock up, and my other metang is prized, I now only have 1 metagross to work with, and that could spell disaster.

Also, the seekers have been way more useful than I originally thought they would be, and I've won a good amount of games just by picking up their bench and koing the active. Especially with some decks that run low number of basic, which is more common now.

I don't want to change anything before nationals, but I'll keep looking to tweak it afterwards.

Thanks

Here's my current list. It's practically a different deck now, but I've been doing this for about a week before the hype on http://google.com/ started.

4 Mew Prime
3/3 Yanmega Prime
3/2/2 Vileplume
3/1 Cleffa-Tyrogue
1 Spinarak

1 Jumpluff
1 Crobat Prime
2 Muk

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
4 Copycat
3 Sage's Training
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Rare Candy

4 Rainbow Energy
5 Psychic Energy
3 Grass Energy

Ok, so here were my results:

I went 2 and 7 in the main event, and 3 and 3 in the main side event.

Not too good. The main problems I ran into was consistency, and not having any really hard hitting attacks. If I got set up, I did relatively well, but I didn't consistently get my set up, and lost some games due to that.

Probably the biggest problem I ran into, is that my deck really just doesn't have any big attacks. My biggest attack was metagross who hits active for 60 (Muk can hit for 80 if they have some kind of status effect, but not consistently). I just didn't have any pokemon who could take out the big hitters (Zekrom and Reshiram mainly, and even Yanmega, who is a 2 hit with metagross, or 3 hit if on the bench). I didn't want to put too much damage on Zek/Resh, as then their outrage will kill me, and they don't even have to discard energies or hurt themselves to ko me.

Anyways, only two of my loses were outright domination, and 1 of them was after a great set up, but just didn't have the firepower (lost by 10 damage). 3 of the 9 games came down to the last card, and 2 more were within 2 cards. So I wasn't getting blown out, but wan't able to finish the games consistently. I also ran into some bad luck on flips. I had one match where they did a confusion flip 3 times, and hit heads each time. Just 1 tails would have completely changed the game, and I most likely would have won, but you gotta roll with the punches. There was also one game that I put down jirachi, and used his power. All I needed was 1 energy, and I could have taken control of the game, but I rolled 3 tails.

So a combination of some inconsistent set up, no high damage attacks, and some bad luck led to a poor showing in the main event (however, during league [playing games on the side] and fun play [sometimes I would replay the opponent I just fought for fun], I had a combined record of 8 and 3 [3 of those wins were playing the exact same opponent right after a loss]. So sometimes you just need the rolls/flips to be on your side, and sometimes it just wasn't meant to be)

But thanks for all the help, and I will continue to try and make some changes, or even make some new deck ideas.

Everyone has shown great ideas and I would love to see more. Trying to help my daughter with her deck which is similar. We all ready had the Muk/Mismagius/Metagross line-up. The difference was that she had an Espeon/Espeon Prime line in there. We removed the Espeon line and added the Vileplume line. It will still need some more work though. So I think I will make some proxies for now so she can test out some different ideas to find what will work for her. Then have everything ready for Fall BR. She is in the Senior division.

pokemomof2 said:
Everyone has shown great ideas and I would love to see more. Trying to help my daughter with her deck which is similar. We all ready had the Muk/Mismagius/Metagross line-up. The difference was that she had an Espeon/Espeon Prime line in there. We removed the Espeon line and added the Vileplume line. It will still need some more work though. So I think I will make some proxies for now so she can test out some different ideas to find what will work for her. Then have everything ready for Fall BR. She is in the Senior division.

It really is a good deck, it just needs to be more consistent. I've been tinkering around with it, trying to get my set ups faster (more rare candies, altered line numbers, etc.). If it gets set up, and you put the machine in motion, it's very effective. But it still lacks that big hitter, and if you don't get set up (against a speed deck lets say), it's not nearly as effective. So if you find a good way to make this deck more consistent, let me know!

Back