Muddy's, Spoiler Contest Scores Are Up! Vencargo Wins!

Muddy68

Democrat to the End
Advanced Member
Due to Bippa no longer being able to judge, I'll be in charge. The scores will be up tonight.

This kind of contest is really fun. It has you make a lot of different cards and teaches you how to adapt to different situations.

I accept all members. This is a spoiler contest, but you can make a fake card if you want, no penalty.

Please Sign Up. This contest will be a lot of fun.

When you sign up, please make a card. This card won't be judged, its just to see what your style is.

Here is a rubric
10 Points - Concept of the card
10 Points - Picture (describe or link to a picture please)
5 Points - Attacks
5 Points - Top Stats (HP, Type, Stage)
5 Points - Bottom Stats (Weakness, Resistance, Retreat Cost)
5 Points - Flavor Text
Total Points: 40 Points

I can accept up to 10 contestants, and no more then 16. I'll also need 4 Judges. PM me if you want to judge. 2 Judges will remain secret.

1. MS Eeveelution
2. XKurama93X
3. Vencargo

Thanks for viewing, and please sign up.

RE: Bippa's, now Muddy's, Spoiler Contest

Scores for Round 3:

By the way, I am way stricter than Bippa. And also, if you want to use the zero thingy, PM me. I am going to change that to something different, however. The winner of this round will receive something special.

Dr4g0n
10 Points - 10/10
10 Points - 9/10
5 Points - 4/5 I really don't think that the second attack is really that great.
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 3.5/5 Really not that great text.
Total Points: 36.5/40

MS Eeveelution
10 Points - 10/10
10 Points - 10/10
5 Points - 5/5 Just please use the Energy symbols.
5 Points - 4/5 The HP is a little higher than I'd like it. 80 would be better.
5 Points - 4/5 It should be plus 20 {D} Weakness.
5 Points - 2/5 Some of the worst grammar I've ever seen from you.
Total Points: 35/40

XKurama93X
10 Points - 10/10
10 Points - 9/10 It seems like it is animated.
5 Points - 2/5 I really don't get the second attack or the spaces on the card.
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 3/5 This card could be read by little kids.
Total Points: 34/40

Kingdra King
10 Points - 10/10
10 Points - 10/10
5 Points - 3.5/5 Shift Pokepower needed and active is spelled wrong.
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 5/5 One of the better texts.
Total Points: 38.5/40

Cannot grade my own because I am now the judge. There will be no one out due to this.

apophys
10 Points - 10/10
10 Points - 11/10 Just because you put in another type of Rotom, bonus points are up for grabs here
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 4/5 Too much HP.
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 4/5 Vague is all that can be said.
Total Points: 39/40

Daren
10 Points - 10/10
10 Points - 10/10 Great pic.
5 Points - 4/5 Don't get the first attack.
5 Points - 4/5 Too low of level for Rotom. At least 45.
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 5/5
Total Points: 38/40

Vencargo
10 Points - 10/10
10 Points - 11/10 for including another Rotom.
5 Points - 4/5 Really don't get the {D} Energy if it is a Light Rotom.
5 Points - 4/5 Higher Level, at least over 45.
5 Points - 5/5
5 Points - 0/5 None!!!!!
Total Points: 33/40

Please turn yours in if you haven't already. Also, the rubric will be changing soon.
You have until Saturday 8:00 PM Eastern.

RE: Bippa's, now Muddy's, Spoiler Contest Scores are in Please turn Cards In!

What do you mean that my 2nd attack's recoil is underpowered? Too much or too little recoil?
TBH, I had trouble balancing this attack.

It's a car. The HP is only 10 higher than the lawn mower.
For that I lose the entire point for HP?... -_-

Well, it was a lot for a Rotom...
And I really didn't think it necessary to have a recoil.

No recoil? hehehe... I guess you don't see the insane combo.

T1: Start with Drive Rotom or Charon's Choice into one. Attach energy, accelerate to attach 2nd. 10 damage.
T2: Play any Rotom, Charon's Choice it, use the new rotom's type shift power, use Drive Rotom's shift power to shift into that type, play Lucario GL, attach energy, Run Over for 120 damage, ignoring effects. 20 recoil if you DON'T KO.

Note that you can hit the magic 130 number on T2, with 7 specific cards.

The recoil is there for when you don't have the combo, slowing you down or making yourself slightly easier to kill. It kinda makes it a high-stakes game.
The combo doesn't work for those weak to {F}, {D}, & {M} (unless you have a Blend Rotom or non-Rotom pokemon). Anything else is overrun. Overall, this combo creates a new Rampardos, just a bit slower and less suicidal.

Pokemon that can shift their types are always underpowered exactly for the potential of weakness abuse.
See Kecleon RR. Its average 40 damage for 3 energy can hit average 120 with 2 special darks and Lucario GL, or be blasted to average 240 with 4 special darks, 4 Cherrims, and Lucario GL, although this situation is overkill and nearly impossible.

Ohhh...
That is an interesting combo. Changing score.
Edit:
The next round is up. No one is out due to the fact that I had to drop to do this.
Round 4
I want you to create the next great tech. I realize that it may be broken, but not way overpowered. Good Luck.

RE: Bippa's, now Muddy's, Spoiler Contest Round 4 is Up!

Can a Skip a round it this contest end before 4th... I have a problem....

What is the problem? Computer issues?

... I'll need to go to a boarding school for a competition... not really sure it will take how long... but there is not internet there for sure

Ok, well if someone doesn't turn theirs in, you can still be in because you've participated in every round.

Just really the next great tech drawing engine. Like a new Claydol or Uxie or really any other Poke-Body/Power tech. It can be broken, but not too over powered. Anything else?

Do I need to explain it the card tech

Darkrai Lv. 55 90 HP {D}
Basic Pokémon

Poké-Body : Night Terror
Whenever your opponent's attaches an energy card to his or her Benched Pokémon your opponent discards a card from the top of his or her deck. You can't use more than 1 Night Terror Poké-Body each turn.

{D}{C}{C}Shadow Leak
Put 2 damage counters on all Pokémon in play that don't have any energyc ard attached to it.

W - {F} x2
R - {P} -20
RC - [-]

Pic : A Shiny Darkrai is standing on the top of a tower.. The New Moon is clearly seen but the other things around it can't be seen. The Shiny Darkrai is looking at the moon..

Flavour : It protect it self by afflicting nightmare to those around him although it means no harm.

You could if you like.

Exp... This card is very useful for a decks that like to set up his or her benched Pokemon and let the active dies... They can choose either to charge up and discard your deck or just don't charge up... Can easily be combo with Flygon X or Giratina X

Chatot Lv.21 60HP {C}
Basic Pokemon

Picture : Chatot is on a tree branch making noises (wavy lines from chatot). The Pokemon around the area are like moving in the direction away from Chatot looking annoyed. Burmy,Metapod,Kakuna and Cascoon are on another tree branch on the same tree looking angry. There is also a Beautifly flying away looking happy and just behind it,a opened up cacoon(Silcoon obviously)

Poke-Power : Mimicry
Once during your opponent's turn, you may use this power. If your opponent draws cards from his or her deck, search for cards from his or her deck, take cards from his or her discard pile and put them into their hand or deck by effects of attack, Trainer, Supporter or Stadium cards, you may do the same. This Power can't be used if Chatot is affected by a Special Condition.

{.} Roost
Remove 4 damage counters from Chatot. Chatot can't attack during your next turn.

{C}{C} Repititive Speech 10+
If you used a Supporter card during your turn, this attack does 10 damage plus 30 more damage to the Defending Pokemon. You may also use the effect of the Supporter card you used during your turn as the effect of this attack.

Weakness : {L} +20
Resistance : {F}-20
Retreat Cost :

Flavor Text : It has the same type of tongue as humans. As a result, it can cleverly mimic human speech.

Am i still in? Im not on the list of players

and it was dark because this rotom lamp shined off black, meh, it was just an idea

Weird, but yes. I'll add you later.

Interesting Round choice Muddy,

Bibarel - lv.43 - hp80 - {W}
Stage 1 Pokiemon - Evolves from Bidoof

Picture: Bibarel is chewing on a large log which it is trying to suppost before a large river. The waters are slamming against its face and its obvious that it is under a lot of pressure.

{Poke-Power} Rival Dam
Once during your turn (Before you attack) you may put 2 damage counters on Bibarel. If you do, draw cards from the bottom of your deck until you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent. This power can't be used if Bibarel is affected by a special condition.

{C}{C} Barrel Tackle - - - 50
After doing damage, if Bibarel has more damage counters on it than the defending Pokemon, remove a number of damage counters equal to the number of damage counters on the defending Pokemon from 1 of your Pokemon.

Flavor Text: Bibarel is a very hardworking Pokemon. By chewing down large trees and using the trunks to build dams, it stops floods and creates a dwelling for itself. Its teeth are so powerful, that it can slice through almost any material including steel and iron.

Weakness: {L} +20 - Resistance: - Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

Wow this round will be hard...

Here is my card:

Unown C Lv. 17 50HP
Basic Pokemon

Picture: Unown C is in the ruins where it is found in the game and in the anime. It is in the middle of a room and there are candles on both sides of him. Behind him is a wall with all the shapes of Unown drawn on it. Some of them are shining. There is a closed rock door in the back of the room. It has no knob.

Poke-Power: Colorless
Once during your turn (before you attack) if Unown C is on your bench, you may discard all cards attached to Unown C and attach it to one of your Pokemon as a Pokemon Tool card. As long as Unown C is attached to a Pokemon, it counts as one {C} Energy.

{P}Hidden Power 20
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack's base damage is 10.

Flavor Text: Shaped like ancient writing, it is a huge mystery whether language or Unown came first.

Weakness: {P}+10
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: {C}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does it have to be a draw engine?

Back