Most Expensive Pokemon Error Card!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Pokemon_Master

Aspiring Trainer
Which card do you think is the most expensive error card??? I have a lot of them, but I can't figure out the prices of the cards or how much I should sell them for. Most of my error cards are shadowless, shadowless first editions, etc. What do you think?

Thanks!!!

RE: Most Expensive Pokemon Error Card!

PikachuMatrix said:
Pre-release Raichu, bought recently for $10'000.

I new it was a rare card, but I didn't realize it was that rare. Whew! Was that an ebay sale?

Probably. There were only about 50 made, and about 30 of them have been reclaimed and destroyed by Wizards of the Coast. So there are about 20 left, by people.

Anyone have a pic of that card? Never even heard of it.
I would think Shadowless 1st edition charizard PSA graded 10 would be a heck of a lot on ebay, but not that much.

Seth1789110 said:
Probably. There were only about 50 made, and about 30 of them have been reclaimed and destroyed by Wizards of the Coast. So there are about 20 left, by people.

Why would Wizards want to destroy these cards? And what is the error that they have?

They have the pre-release gold stamp in the corner of the picture. Wizards would want rid of them since they are mistakes, and people would abuse their rarity to make huge amounts of money.

I cant remember the error, but they made the pre-release Raichu with no errors and mass produced it like normal, but this was the first few. Just read this:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32583
Edit: No, thats not why. All pre-release have a stamp, they all did.

There was never supposed to be a pre-release Raichu, that was the error. They never remade the card with no error, it is not supposed to exist.

O ok, that makes sense. Well, still, how crazy would it be if you were a little kid when they were released, and you just found it just in your collection. I would FLIP OUT.

cheetor586 said:
There was never supposed to be a pre-release Raichu, that was the error. They never remade the card with no error, it is not supposed to exist.
The "prerelease Raichu" is basically a Base Set Raichu with the prerelease stamp. A bunch were accidentaly printed in a sheet instead of a sheet of Clefable prereleases, and then almost all of them were handed over to WotC to be destoryed/kept by WotC workers.

I don't think so, if the PR Raichu has sold for $10K without an auction, and it could go for far more in an auction.

How much is the sheet valued at?

Oh nice, I have one of those, never knew they were worth that much and really that rare.

How were they destroyed?

Recalled and incinerated. I'm talking about the nintendo power one without HP.

i don't know but i have a level 30 team galactic's SP purugly it is missing it's stage 1 eveloution and it says it's common and in the picture it looks like it is missing a leg

^all pokemon SP are automatically basic pokemon stage, they have no previouse or future evolution stages, some have LV.X but thats it. That purugly you have has been printed worldwide, i have one too :p its no misprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back