ORAS More minor stat changes in ORAS (and future games)?

Mitja

veteran smartass
As you may or may not be aware, for the first time since GS, Gamefreak changed some the base stats for some pokémon in XY.

Butterfree--60--45--50--90--80--70
Beedrill------65--90--40--45--80--75
Pidgeot------83--80--75--70--70-101
Pikachu-----35--55--40--50--50--90
Raichu-------60--90--55--90--80-110
Nidoqueen--90--92--87--75--85--76
Nidoking-----81-102--77--85--75--85
Clefable------95--70--73--95--90--60
Wigglytuff-140--70--45--85--50--45
Vileplume--75--80--85-110--90--50
Poliwrath----90--95--95--70--90--70
Alakazam---55--50--45-135--95--120
Victreebel---80-105--65-100--70--70
Golem-------80-120-130--55--65--45
Ampharos--90--75--85-115--90--55
Bellossom--75--80--95--90-100--50
Azumarill--100--50--80--60--80--50
Jumpluff-----75--55--70--55--95-110
Beautifly----60--70--50-100--50--65
Exploud----104--91--63--91--73--68
Staraptor---85-120--70--50--60-100
Roserade---60--70--65-125-105--90
Stoutland---85-110--90--45--90--80
Unfezant----80-115--80--65--55--93
Gigalith------85-135-130--60--80--25
Seismitoad-105--95--75--85--75--74
Leavanny----75-103--80--70--80--92
Scolipede---60-100--89--55--69-112
Krookodile--95-117--80--65--70--92

The stats in bold are the ones that have increased by 10

It was only a minor change of +10 to a single base stat (except for Pikachu who got 2 stats increased).

Some interesting notes:

numbers of pokémon getting buffs from each generation
I:14
II:4
III:2
IV:2
V:7
while it makes sense that HALF of them are from generation I (it had the least specialized, many similar and the most hybrid stats, and also some weird sp.def values due to the special stat being split later), a quarter are even from gen V (you'd think they wouldn't need to at all since they are recent, but there sure were a lot, so it makes sense in general), but what also makes this topic relevant for ORAS, is that only surprising 2 of the (135) generation III pokemon got buffs. (gen II and IV were the smallest and had tons of evolutions and legends, hence very few generic pokemon that could be weak)

counterparts/clones both getting buffs
in many cases on this list, if some pokémon got a buff, it's counterparts probably got one too.
Not just obvious ones like Butterfree&Beedrill, or both gen1 Fairies getting sp.atk boost, but even cross-gen clones, like all 3-stage regional birds (Pidgeot, Staraptor, Unfezant), seemingly for some kind of consistency, as Pidgeot and Unfezant (the birds with the lame stat distribution) got boosts in stats they very appreciate (speed and attack), but Staraptor (who is already very viable in comparison) only got it's crappy sp.def boosted to 60, probably so their totals stay the same..
But what caught my eye here are two cruious exceptions: Beautifly&Dustox and Poliwrath&Politoed
Only Beautifly and Poliwrath got a boost.
Which is especially weird because they are not just some random counterparts, but part of the same evolutionary line! And their "clones" got them too (Butterfree/Beedrill, Seismitoad). Did they just forget about Dustox/Politoed or what??

Alakazam error
Mega Alakazam is the only mega evolution that gains 90 stats instead of 100.
It and Ampharos are the only 2 pokémon that gained Mega evolutions in XY on this list.
What this probably means is that they made these minor stat adjustments after adding Mega Alakazam and before adding Mega Ampharos. Or someone just made a mistake. Either way, expect them to fix that some time (by increasing Mega Alakazams sp.def by 10)

All adjustments were made to pokémon with 3 stages
(except Pikachu, which is an exception by getting 2 stats boosted anyway)
Not sure if this was intentional or not..

Now why do I think this is relevant to ORAS
-first off, with a bunch of new Megas revealed (who are not in XYs data), further minor base stat changes are just as viable mid-generation.
-they forgot Dustox, one final stage of Hoenns introductory Bug, while having buffed the other one.
-gen 3 pokemon had the least changes in XY (Beautifly and Exploud), so it would make sense to adjust more in the game that focuses on this generation

So which additional pokémon need/deserve buffs in some stat in ORAS?
I'll only be pissed if they don't give Dustox it's buff too.

But I expect:
--Politoed
-90--75--75--90-100--70
--Dustox
-60--50--80--50--90--65 (such awful stats, it sadly won't make it much better wherever I put it, so might as well buff the weaker defense)
--Ludicolo (it had the same 480 total as Vileplume/Bellossom/Victreebel)
-80--70--80--90-100-70 (improving it's bulk a bit further)
--Shiftry (same)
-90-100--60--90--60--90 (still lacks any strong physical stab-moves though..)
maybe Reuniclus/Gothitelle (Alakazam clones), Beartic, Swalot, and hopefully all those really weak bugs like Wormadam, Kricketune, Parasect.. and felines Persian, Delcatty, Purugly.

And Sharpedo/Camerupt for good measure! (though they're likely getting megas already!)

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!
I doubt any moves or stats will change in a mid-gen game ... it'd be weird when you trade them back and forth. If they do it again, it'll be 7th Gen, where you have to permanently transfer them to a new game via Poke Transporter or whatever.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
It makes sense to improve Dustox, as its counterpart did.

If Sharpedo doesn't get a mega, I think its Sp. Def should get raised. As for Camerupt, I think its Defense should be raised.
Machamp should also have its Defense raised.

Mitja

veteran smartass
FoxFire said:
I doubt any moves or stats will change in a mid-gen game ... it'd be weird when you trade them back and forth. If they do it again, it'll be 7th Gen, where you have to permanently transfer them to a new game via Poke Transporter or whatever.

That's what I thought. But if adding mega evolutions mid-gen isn't an issue, why would such a minor thing that poses no technical issue and not many people would even notice, be a problem?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Mitja said:
FoxFire said:

That's what I thought. But if adding mega evolutions mid-gen isn't an issue, why would such a minor thing that poses no technical issue and not many people would even notice, be a problem?

I agree. After all, HGSS added a lot of new moves to Pokémon.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Mitja said:
FoxFire said:

I can imagine it could cause problems on wifi battles between X/Y and ORAS, but even that has a simple solution; update X/Y with a patch to include the new stat boosts, and stop internet on the games until they've updated. (seems sucky but it's probably the only feasible way to do it)

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
His Goominess said:
Mitja said:

I can imagine it could cause problems on wifi battles between X/Y and ORAS, but even that has a simple solution; update X/Y with a patch to include the new stat boosts, and stop internet on the games until they've updated. (seems sucky but it's probably the only feasible way to do it)

I feel like they sort of have to since there will be new Megas, and especially if they want both games to be able to interact with each other.

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!
True, hadn't considered that with the Megas (and didn't realize HGSS added moves). So, yeah, never mind, I'm totally wrong.

Mitja

veteran smartass
There were no actual moves added that weren't in DPt...they were probably thinking of learnsets/egg-moves being improved.
But there was a change in Hypnosis accuracy twice in gen 4, increased for DP to 70% and then lowered back to 60% ever since Pt. So however that was dealt with for wifi battles (probably mechanics of newer game simply have priority) same could be any such compatibility issues now.
Also for wifi battles with these improved base stats wouldn't be a problem either, as pokemon with new formes (including different base stats and abilities) would simply have no new sprite back then, but their stats were the new ones regardless of the species not having those in the other game.

But "new mega evolutions" still is THE bigger thing they obviously have a plan for (like patching XY or simply refusing to start wifi battles when ORAS-exclusive stuff is used), so my point stands. IF megas are added, more base stats can be tweaked just as easily mid-gen.