• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mismagius/Garb - Magical Trash!

Marowhacker

@MarowhackerTCG on twitter
Hey all,
Wanted to note down a list I plan to use in the near future, and get some feedback on it!
The deck's strategy is to try and get a lock up with Mismagius, forcing your opponent to play items as a way out, then finishing with Garb's strong damage output. Or, simply run your opponent out of resources.

#40 Mismagius – Psychic – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Misdreavus

[P] Chaos Wheel: 30 damage. Your opponent can’t play any Pokemon Tool, Special Energy, or Stadium cards from their hand during their next turn.

[P][C][C] Dark Arts: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each card in your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Pokemon: 18
Misdreavus CRI 3x
Mismagius CRI 3x
Trubbish BKP 3x
Garbodor BKP 2x
Garbodor GUR 2x
Tapu Lele-GX 2x
Espeon-EX 1x
Drampa-GX 1x
Chimecho CRI 1x

Trainers: 33
Ultra Ball 4x
Float Stone 3x
Choice Band 3x
BodyBuilding Dumbbells 1x
Field Blower 2x
Crushing Hammer 2x
Rescue Stretcher 2x

Professor Sycamore 4x
N 4x
Team Skull Grunt 1x
Team Rocket's Handiwork 2x
Plumeria 1x
Brigette 1x
Skyla 1x

Po Town 2x

Energy - 9
Psychic Energy 8x
Double Colourless Energy 1x

This will definitely be a cool deck once crimson invasion comes out, and this seems like a pretty good list but I have a couple thoughts.

If you're going to play drampa, you should probably play more than 1 DCE because that is almost never gonna happen and it takes forever and a lot of resources to get 3 psychic energy on drampa.

I would also play enhanced hammer over crushing hammer in this deck, I don't like crushing in general because of the coin flip and you're not attacking with mismagius every turn so your opponent is going to have some window to play DCE so E hammer covers that.

The major problem with this list is there are no Guzma, don't know why you wouldn't play Guzma, if there is a specific reason, let me know.

What does Chimecho do? I'm too lazy to look it up lol, just curious what the function is in this deck.

Also don't really see the purpose of Team Rocket's Handiwork or Skyla, I don't think mill is the strat here 95% of the time and you don't really need to get anything with Skyla in particular idk.

Overall changes I would make:
-1 Skyla
-2 Team RH
-2 Crushing Hammers
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 BB Dumbbells

+2 Guzma
+2 DCE
+1 Necrozma GX
+2 E Hammers

This will definitely be a cool deck once crimson invasion comes out, and this seems like a pretty good list but I have a couple thoughts.

If you're going to play drampa, you should probably play more than 1 DCE because that is almost never gonna happen and it takes forever and a lot of resources to get 3 psychic energy on drampa.

I would also play enhanced hammer over crushing hammer in this deck, I don't like crushing in general because of the coin flip and you're not attacking with mismagius every turn so your opponent is going to have some window to play DCE so E hammer covers that.

The major problem with this list is there are no Guzma, don't know why you wouldn't play Guzma, if there is a specific reason, let me know.

What does Chimecho do? I'm too lazy to look it up lol, just curious what the function is in this deck.

Also don't really see the purpose of Team Rocket's Handiwork or Skyla, I don't think mill is the strat here 95% of the time and you don't really need to get anything with Skyla in particular idk.

Overall changes I would make:
-1 Skyla
-2 Team RH
-2 Crushing Hammers
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 BB Dumbbells

+2 Guzma
+2 DCE
+1 Necrozma GX
+2 E Hammers

Alright, not gonna lie I just forgot to put Guzma in so that's a necessity lol :p
Hammers can be switched, crushing hammer seemed a good idea at the time but on closer inspection it's probably better to play e-hammer.
I do like 1 rocket's handiwork in this deck, 2 perhaps seemed a bit much. Don't need skyla really though.
2 stretchers is crucial in my eyes, since you could prize one. Additionally, you're playing a non-gx (mainly) deck so you need to recover stuff quickly
Necrozma is nice I guess.
Chimecho stops your opponent playing Pokemon with abilities next turn - can be a nice timestaller against things like Metagross, VikaBulu and Decidueye.

Here's my personal take on the deck:

3-3 Mismagius CRI

3-2/2 Garbodor

3 Tapu Lele GX

1 Oranguru SUM

=17

4 Professor Sycamore

4 N

3 Guzma

2 Brigette

1 Team Skull Grunt

1 Plumeria

1 Lusamine

4 Ultra Ball

4 Choice Band

4 Float Stone

2 Enhanced Hammer

2 Field Blower

2 Rescue Stretcher

1 Parallel City

=34

9 Psychic Energy

=9

Here's my personal take on the deck:

3-3 Mismagius CRI

3-2/2 Garbodor

3 Tapu Lele GX

1 Oranguru SUM

=17

4 Professor Sycamore

4 N

3 Guzma

2 Brigette

1 Team Skull Grunt

1 Plumeria

1 Lusamine

4 Ultra Ball

4 Choice Band

4 Float Stone

2 Enhanced Hammer

2 Field Blower

2 Rescue Stretcher

1 Parallel City

=34

9 Psychic Energy

=9

I don't think this is a bad list, but I think it lacks the consistency that my starter list does, due to the fact you only really have Garbs and Mismagiuses to attack with. Parallel City and Lusamine are good shouts though, I might add them in somehow.

I think a one-of BKT Mismagius is very good in here, as it is good late game in putting your opponent down to only 1 or 2 cards, and you can still play your own Supporter.

Back