• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Metal Gear Solid Snake ~Steelix~ (Battle Roads, Seniors)

you might want to put back the moomoo milks and poke healer back in there. As well as adding a 3rd Expert belt. I'm not sure about this but you could try taking out the nidoqueen line to also take out the candies and try to replace those for the moomoo and poke healer and other trainer or supporters for consistency and speed of the deck. I say screw mr. mime! Go all out with steelix and if you meet a scizor prime then just try to avoid the DCE... I know 8 out of 10 times you will be outspeed and wont have time to set up but it is worth it to dominate the other decks out there.

I also want to build a steelix prime deck!! I am trying out a whole bunch of decks, crobat prime, vileplume varients and raichu and for some reason I really like steelix for his cheap price at my local card store ahaha 6$ xD and because he crushed my favorite deck crobat prime T.T

Yes! A response!

I think that I want to keep the Queen and avoid trainer healing cards due to VileLock :/

I really don't want to auto-loss to anything, and that's why I even have the Mime in the first place. Scizor destroys the deck and is really annoying, so having Mime allows me to hold the trump card of the match. Mime also gives me a little bit of hope agaisnt T-Tar and Scizor.

Good luck with your Steelix deck and thanks for the comment!

no prob! U can also go help me and comment on my list I made up xD It is my ever steelix list so it might seem noob lol :p But dont u have bad starts sometimes with all those basics?? Well if u wanna play your list with no healing trainers its up to you but you should atleast have a couple moomoo milk... not all decks involve vileplume lol
Also if u check my decklist can u tell me if its worth adding a 1-1-1 nidoqueen line??

I'm going to test more with Queen to see how it slides. So far I have found it easy to get it out, but I have only played two games with Queen :/

A side line is a must for Steelix, to serve as a secondary attacker.

I've tried Nidoqueen, Luxray AR, Kingdra Prime and Machamp. Machamp has done the best for me so far, able to counter the main threats of the deck Blaziken FB and Infernape 4. Nidoqueen works really good as well.

You will need Sableye or Jirachi to start up fast however.

^ I think that Steelix is ok without a secondary attacker, but whenever I get in a jam I've just pulled through using tank Blissey as my last resort.

I don't know whether or not to add a psychic energy in for Queen because it would be unsearchable and rarely used :/

I don't like Jirachi because it is useless T1 if you can't play a supporter, and I have 2 Sableyes and 4 Skarmorys for start-up which seems to be working fine

yup agree with narukachu! No secondary attacker is needed if you can tank all day with steelix and hit for 120 with expert belt. One thing I do recommand though is a skuntank G for the poison it is very useful to get that 10 extra damage against 130 HP pokemons like crobat prime, kingdra prime, machamp SF, belted 110 HP pokemons like leafeon lv x ect.

^ Skuntank is nice, but I think that I have fully teched out my deck by putting in the Queen. And not to mention that I have no stadiums in my deck....

^ ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah! Queen is a lifesaver in most games, and since I have a 2-1-2 line it gets out almost every game. The 20 damage heal between your opponent's turns makes a big difference.

GarchompCX uses Dragon Rush: 80 damage

-40: Spec. Metals
-20: Queen
-20: (if not sprayed) Blissey

You will understand the need of a secondary attacker once you encounter some fire decks. Any Infernape 4 or Blaziken FB will make you auto lose, and Blissey is rather self-destructive. Remember Erik Nance lost because of Infernape 4, couldn't stand a chance even with 4 special metals attached.

Of course you should try out other techs, a stage 2 line like me isn't necessary. I tried Donphan Prime at the last Nationals to some good effect.

^ Steelix can win against Blaziken FB, and I have not played against a LuxApe deck in a tournament for about 5 months now

Technically yes, you CAN beat a Blaziken FB, but the chances are very slim if you're playing against any good Luxchomp with it as a tech, and a Blazeray would just recover too quickly.

Anyway, good luck with your BRs!

Back