• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Curse (M Mewtwo Y EX / Bronzong)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
METAL CURSE

110px-150Mewtwo-Mega_Y.png

Pokèmon (16):

• 3 M Mewtwo Y EX (beatdown)
  • 3 Mewtwo EX (beatdown)
  • 3 Bronzong (accelerate)
  • 3 Bronzor (evolution)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (draw)
  • 1 Aegislash EX (stall)
  • 1 Hoopa EX (search)
Trainer/Supporters/Stadiums (33):
  • 4 Professor Scyamore (draw)
  • 3 Giovanni's Plan (draw)
  • 1 Hex Maniac (control)
  • 1 Lysandre (control)
  • 1 Az (scoop up)
  • 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link (enable)
  • 3 Battle Compressor (enable)
  • 3 Trainer's Mail (search)
  • 2 Float Stone (retreat)
  • 3 Vs Seeker (retrieval)
  • 2 Level Ball (search)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 2 Magnetric Storm (enable)
  • 1 Parallel City (disable)
Energy (11):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 7 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Go first and start with either Mewtwo Ex or Bronzor. Use Hoopa Ex to search out Photon Wave Mewtwo Ex and M Mewtwo Y Ex in addition to Shaymin Ex while Level Ball searchers for the Bronzor line. Make sure to have a turn two M Mewtwo Y and a Bronzong with Float Stone on the bench. Use Metal Links and Battle Compressor to accelerate to ensure a constant stream of attackers. Bronzong also acts as a counter to Regice while Aegislash Ex constitutes a decent alternate attacker that can also be used to stall decks reliant on special energies when needed. The trainers have been chosen to set up fast and enable M Mewtwo Y to obtain some ohkos.

Hi folks,

Would be interested in comments on how to improve this deck. Also would like to know whether this deck is better than the Crobat version. Below is a video of someone else who runs a list identical to this one:

Hey DarkEspeon!

I'm planning to run a deck similar to yours, but I haven't had the chance to do any playtesting yet so all of my suggestions are Theorymon.
  • -1 Giovanni's Plan. It's a versatile card and all, but drawing until you have 5 cards isn't /that/ good in a Supporter, unless it's a Deluge/Inferno Fandango deck. Besides, once you're fairly set-up your hand size will rarely allow you to draw more than 2-3 cards off it. The damage boost is pretty nice to have though, this is why I (will) run 2 in my list. I think 2 should suffice for the deck's purposes, especially when running 3 VS Seekers.
  • -1 Battle Compressor. 2 of these should amply suffice alongside the Ultra Balls, you don't want to dump that much stuff, just some Energies and a couple of Supporters.
  • -2 Magnetic Storm. I see where you're coming from when running this, but Resistance is not relevant right now. The only thing that resists Psychic is Metal, and nowadays it's rare to see a Metal Pokémon in the Active spot unless it's Aegislash-EX or it's a Bronzor/Bronzong that was Lysandre'd.
  • -1 Parallel City. While this card is a pain for the opponent, it doesn't help the deck's purpose. However it would still be kinda nice to have so if you end up having a free spot keep it.
  • +1 Bridgette. I was thinking of cutting the Level Balls if you include this change, but it comes down to personal preference. This card will help you get out Bronzors quickly so they're ready to be evolved, and can get you a Hoopa-EX or a Shaymin-EX in a pinch. The combination of Shaymin-EX, Trainer's Mail, Battle Compressor and VS Seeker should ensure you get it T1 most of the time.
  • +2 Head Ringer/Dimension Valley. It's good for slowing down the opponent, with the added bonus of meaning 30 more damage from your attack. If you decide to run Dimension Valley over Head Ringer, you'll be able to attack for a single Energy. Keep in mind that if you run Head Ringer over Dimension Valley your opponent will be free to do their Skyfield/Fighting Stadium/etc shenanigans.
  • +1 Heatran. Just to have a non-EX attacker that OHKOes every EX-proof Pokémon.
Hope this helps! :)

I just posted a similar deck to this just now, not knowing about your decklist... Very similar Pokemon setup, only I added Zoroark for retreating and attacking.

One idea you can try is using sky field to help you fit the Bronzongs and attackers onto the bench. Plus, if your opponents switches stadiums, you can remove the Shaymins and Hoopa so they don't become Lysandre Bait.

Also, maybe a 1-2 Mega Turbo might improve the deck consistancy, as they can be used on the active spot.

Hi Vom,

Thanks for the review. I feel that the deck needs three stadium cards to counter Faded Town. It is a rather common stadium in decks that do not use Mega Pokémon over here. Dimension Valley does not help the deck much since most of the time M Mewtwo Y should have more than one energy attached to it. Magnetic Storm at least lowers resistance and allows the deck to ohko opposing Aegislash Ex.It seemed to be one of the active statdium that benefits the deck at least a little. I also like the tech Parallel City since it is real versatile and a decent counter to Vespiquen too. Those are the main reasons why I would like to stick to the current stadium selection. It might not be the most benefitial stadium cards out there but the others do not seem to assist the deck more than the current selection. Might consider a tech Sky Field but still unsure since Zoroark is an amazing card on its own.

Not a fan of Heatran in this deck since Bronzong can ohko Regice on his own. Bridgette does not work that well in this deck since the number of Basic non-Ex Pokemon is rather low and it does not work with Hoopa and Shaymin. Level Ball seem to be more versatile since they can also search for Bronzong.

I like the Head Ringer idea and would consider to drop one Battle Compressor for a tech Head Ringer but I am not sure at the moment since Battle Compressor is needed early on to speed the deck up. Not sure on Giovanni's Scheme either at the moment. Three worked real well for me since Hoopa and Shaymin provide some search and draw and the extra damage boost is real useful. If I would take one of them out I would add one tech Birch instead but thus far I did not need any shuffle draw.

Hi Lanstar,

Thanks for the review. Will consider the tech Sky Field but Zoroark is indeed a thing. Thats why I am nut entirely sure of it. Not sure whether Mega Turbo is needed that bad. I usually use Giovanni's Scheme to boost the attack output of the active Pokémon. Will be sure to check out your version too.

Hey guys I've been testing this deck for some time now and I'm quite annoyed by Bronzong because it's SO limited. So I have question. Why not using Magenzone from breakthrough (aside from the fact that's a stage 2 pokemon)?

Hey guys I've been testing this deck for some time now and I'm quite annoyed by Bronzong because it's SO limited. So I have question. Why not using Magenzone from breakthrough (aside from the fact that's a stage 2 pokemon)?

OK so the deal with magenzone is its so limited as well its a stage which cant be maxied or achied out at all since it's a electric pokemon. While it does the same thing as Deluge blastoise but with electric energy its just so much set up. You either have to evolve a pokemon twice or rare candy, and while Toad is still in format Rare candy isnt a thing. So rare candy is completely out of the question. So magnezone while it has a good ability, it just isnt good int he format, and especially not good with mewtwo.

If you're worried about Zoroark, you could always run 2-3 Skyfield and a Parallel City. 100 damage for a DCE is still good on Zoroark, but if you point the Parallel City at yourself you can get rid of your Shaymins, Hoopa and other stuff you don't need, as well as massively dropping Zoroark's attack.

Plus, there's Aegislash.

Back