• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Meganium Prime/Blissey Prime (Juniors, Cities/States)

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Hello everyone,
Before I post this, please know this is my brother's deck, I got some help on thi site and I helped myself, but if it looks noobish, just remember he is a Junior. Credit to Empoleon for most of the help.

Meganium/Blissey Prime

4-3-2/2 Meganium HGSS(All HGSS/Prime)
2-2 Blissey Prime
2-2 Sunflora HGSS
2 Uxie LA
1 Smeargle UD
Total Pokemon:21

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
2 BTS
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Commmunication
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Seeker
2 Switch
2 PONT
2 Expert Belt
Total T/S/S:27

9 {G} energy
3 {C}{C} energy
Total Energy:12

Strategy: Meganium is the main attacker in this deck. Both of these have decent amounts of HP so they shouldn't be one-shotted or taken out quickly. When they are on the verge of being knocked out, I can Leaf Trans the energy onto a Chansey, drop Blissey, use Blissful Nurse (remove all damage counters from them), and then just transfer the energy back to the active Meganium. Sunflora is for Meganium searching after I use FSL or Palmer's, so recovery shouldn't be too hard. The rest are the usual staple T/S/S, and Double Colorless works on both Meganiums. Dawn Stadium and Miasma Valley are some cool stadiums to use in this deck as well. Any help is appreciated!

Only thing i notice is that Meganium HGSS is kind of a lackluster main attacker, and Meganium Prime's Solarbeam is sorta ho-hum as well.
Chatot is random and unneeded, and Unown Q doesn't help any manz on this list. Both Meganiums retreat for 2, and Chatot retreats for free.

Miasma Valley is pretty much useless, however, Dawn Stadium is VERY useful, so ditch the Miasma and add another Dawn Stadium. Also, ditch the switches for Warp Points, and a Rare Candy for 1 more DCE.

Yay, Credit to me ^.^

But anywho, there are just a few things i'd change

-1 Chatot MD
-1 Dawn Stadium (this only truely works with Leafeon RR + lvX)
-1 Miasma Valley
-1 FSL or Palmer's
-1 Warp Point

+2 Expert Belt (What could be better than tanking and hitting for 80-100 dmg)
+1 Seeker
+1 PONT
+1 Smeargle UD (somewhat better than Chatot)

Updated. Ditched Unown Q and Chatot for Smeargle, and Miasma Valley, Dawn Stadium, FSL, and Warp Point for 2 Expert belts, a PONT, and another Seeker.

Looks good, consider Metapod tech, because it gets rid of all your grass pokemons weakness, which is good because Charizard or Blaziken FB wreck this deck.

@Adrian Skyline: I am definitely considering this, as I was in the first place about Blaze FB and Charizard.

@fantasyfreak08: This would be too slow without Unown Q and/or Warp Energy, and I'm not going to put that in. Yeah, Switch works, but that's when I'm in a tough situation and can't do anything else(don't have Blissey Prime in hand). Thanks for the suggestion though.

My teammate ran a metapod tech at nationals that saved him twice, against charizard and a wierd typhlosion/ursaring deck in his sceptile deck. It defintely helps. 80 damage fire pokemon at a x2 weakness is nasty. As long as you can stay alive long enough to get four energy on Meganium, you're good.

I was thinking: would Roserade GL be good in this deck? This would somehow slow down Luxchomp and Trainer Lock.

Came to say I agree with FlameMaster. Even with Expert Belt you will cap at 100 damage, and will have trouble when facing stuff with more HP, giving your opponent an extra turn (I run a meganium/blissey deck myself and can say this by experience). I don't know how to help, but I would like that people considered that.

Oh, your deck needs Super Scoop Up. Three of them will do, you need those to reuse these Blisseys and Uxies, and remove 2 Meganiums for 2 Mega prime. You don't really need the other two normal Meganiums.

@Soujiro: These Meganiums are needed because their first attack only needs energy. The odds of being able to get DCE and 2 Grass in set-up/first few turns are very slim. If one grass energy is in my hand, that is all I need to get up the Prime set up. I will be adding Expert Belt, and I think Seeker is better in this case, but will consider 1-2 SSU's.

Back