News 'Mega Tyranitar-EX Premium Collection' in June!

If the Tyranitar-EX and M Tyranitar-EX are new (or at least the M T-Tar) then I'd probably be convinced into buying this. But if its all just AOR cards, this premium box is their laziest one to date. All ones before this have had at least one card that we haven't seen before.

Guess I'll be trying to get that spirit link individually.

Unless by some miracle these cards are brand new and preferably of the fighting type variety...yeah, probably not but I can dream.

Bring on the Mega Latias collection already.

I mean at least the coin will be brand new. That's...something.

Would have been nice to have a box for a Mega that's never been made. Banette, Sableye, Lopunny, Medicham, Abomasnow, Pinsir. I mean it's bad enough facing the fact that alternate typings for them wont exist (especially sad for the Pokemon that changed types like Sceptile and Ampharos) but if you're still going to make EX products at least round them out.

Unless they're just way too cheap to make new prints, but not too cheap to make a new coin?

I really am disliking how many of these Mega Premium collection they keep making that have so little value to them. I especially don't like that the best ones financially are the collections they've been releasing at the end of the year not only do they include two more booster packs BUT they also have a Playmat included to warrant how much you are spending on them. These other ones tend to be the worst value and gets even worse when they keep doing these crummy display packaging that makes it very improbable to take out the cards without damaging them. At least the three blisters and the Tins are very easy to remove the card I always worry about the condition they're in when removing them.

Bit of a rant but it does get worse when we're doing a preexisting set of cards to go with this presentation. I know a few people that would want this because it's Tyranitar a very popular Pokemon of it's generation. Part of my dislike is also that I've attempted to play these cards it's so difficult to make it play effectively Theta Double is nice on a Mega but it's so difficult to get your opponent's Pokemon set up so that you can just one shot them with Mega T-Tar and I just playwise can't recommend getting these for that. If you know a T-Tar fan this is a good gift for them but otherwise I say pass it for something else.

Stop with these Premium Collection, gosh!

There's nothing wrong with the premium collections as long as they're worth it. When the coin and the spirit link are the only things worthwhile in the collection though, that's just unneeded.

I mean at least the coin will be brand new. That's...something.

Would have been nice to have a box for a Mega that's never been made. Banette, Sableye, Lopunny, Medicham, Abomasnow, Pinsir. I mean it's bad enough facing the fact that alternate typings for them wont exist (especially sad for the Pokemon that changed types like Sceptile and Ampharos) but if you're still going to make EX products at least round them out.

Unless they're just way too cheap to make new prints, but not too cheap to make a new coin?

Agreed give us something new. One of the listed ones or M. Latias, I don't buy into the line that because she looks the same as M. Latios that we don't need one of these. Especially since they could turn around and differentiate it by making M. Latias psychic (meaning we'd get a new Latias EX too). Or yes give us alternate types like a dragon M. Sceptile or a dragon M. Ampharos. There are plenty of alternate types. Heck I'd even be okay with M. Tyranitar if it was a fighting type but odds are it will just be the dark ones from Ancient Origins.

I really am disliking how many of these Mega Premium collection they keep making that have so little value to them. I especially don't like that the best ones financially are the collections they've been releasing at the end of the year not only do they include two more booster packs BUT they also have a Playmat included to warrant how much you are spending on them. These other ones tend to be the worst value and gets even worse when they keep doing these crummy display packaging that makes it very improbable to take out the cards without damaging them. At least the three blisters and the Tins are very easy to remove the card I always worry about the condition they're in when removing them.

Bit of a rant but it does get worse when we're doing a preexisting set of cards to go with this presentation. I know a few people that would want this because it's Tyranitar a very popular Pokemon of it's generation. Part of my dislike is also that I've attempted to play these cards it's so difficult to make it play effectively Theta Double is nice on a Mega but it's so difficult to get your opponent's Pokemon set up so that you can just one shot them with Mega T-Tar and I just playwise can't recommend getting these for that. If you know a T-Tar fan this is a good gift for them but otherwise I say pass it for something else.

You know, how come no one has ever complained to the TPCi about their TCG merchandise quality? Right now I'm starting to feel these Premium Collection boxes are getting really out of hand with their contents and price. Like seriously, $60 bucks for a stupid pin, jumbo card and a coin with 6 pack of cards?

And the ones that don't deserve enough love are the figure collection boxes (and to extent) the playmat boxes when they are just around 19 to 25 bucks in price range? That's seriously some backwards business strategy.

[QUOTE="Pikachu6319, post: 2855254, member: 20165] Agreed give us something new. One of the listed ones or M. Latias, I don't buy into the line that because she looks the same as M. Latios that we don't need one of these. Especially since they could turn around and differentiate it by making M. Latias psychic (meaning we'd get a new Latias EX too). Or yes give us alternate types like a dragon M. Sceptile or a dragon M. Ampharos. There are plenty of alternate types. Heck I'd even be okay with M. Tyranitar if it was a fighting type but odds are it will just be the dark ones from Ancient Origins.[/QUOTE]

I actually completely forgot latias. Maybe a mega evolution box like the way the breaks were released. I would say chances are almost nonexistant but the full art exs coming out put a spanner in that theory. Either ex cards can be sm promos in which case the unused megas can still be made or they continue to make xy promos after xy210 in which case why stop at the 4 full arts?

If the Pokemon Company is making a Premium Collection box with Ultra Rares from a set then please make a M Charizard Ex(X) Premium Collection

This is the absolute worst Premium Collection yet. Both the regular EX and Mega EX are just reprints from Ancient Origins without any sort of new art. Tyranitar and M Tyranitar see pretty much no play and the pin isn't even an original one. You can get the same exact pin in Ancient Origins 3-Pack blisters. The only thing that actually makes this box special is the coin, and I'm not spending $39.99 just to get a coin.

Back