News Massive 'Premium Trainer's XY Collection' Releasing in November!

So every single card in the set will belong to it's respective number in the original sets. I hate the alternate art thing Pokemon is doing now. Either release it with the original sets or not at all. Sun and Moon has made the company greedier. "Here, have alternate arts", "here by the full-arts of cards that were in that one set in this $40 box."

This is where the downfall begins, just make sure we remember this is where it began and where we were to see it.

We don’t know if this is an alternate art they just refer to it as “promos” so they may change legality

The way I see it is, these pics are from the Best of XY set, not from the American product.

Therefore, they will probably have a different set icon when printed here; similar to how their cards say "SM2+," but we get them in our normal sets.

So, I wouldn't worry about the current images, they will most likely be released with the "A" for alternate art when printed here~

Also... That Jirachi looks amazing.

Every single Trainer card looks textured to me. I don't think you have anything to worry about. N definitely is.

The Japanese ones are textured, ours won't be. The product description specifically states only Shaymin and Yveltal will be getting the special textured treatment. Rest are just listed as full arts, likely the glossy sheen we get with all our other promo cards.

I wish these arts would have been around when the cards were leagal

They're still legal in expanded. Blacksmith sees play with Volc, Hex is still good, Shay sees play, etc. I'll be getting 4 probably, mostly for the Ns, but the box is still great for anyone looking to expand on old cards for expanded. Standard isn't the only format, folks.

One thing I noticed: Yveltal-EX...

Reprinted as a late promo: Card no. 150 of the XY BSPs, not as an alt art. Therefore, even w/ the alt art release, as the cutoff for XY BSPs for the 2017-18 season is card no. 67(meaning any card that has a XY BSP card number of 66 or less is rotated out as of September 2017), it's still legal in standard for this cycle, but when 2018-19 hits, it will be gone from Standard along w/ the rest of its XY kin, leaving behind only the SM cards, and maybe marking the end of the EX era as well...

Last edited:
The Japanese ones are textured, ours won't be. The product description specifically states only Shaymin and Yveltal will be getting the special textured treatment. Rest are just listed as full arts, likely the glossy sheen we get with all our other promo cards.

It actually doesn't specifically state that, so I don't know where you got that from. It states "special art". In my opinion that refers to them being gold bordered and my money is on all of them being textured. But I guess we'll see when they're released.

It actually doesn't specifically state that, so I don't know where you got that from. It states "special art". In my opinion that refers to them being gold bordered and my money is on all of them being textured. But I guess we'll see when they're released.

Ah, you're right. I misunderstood the special art treatment as textured treatment. It is likely just the SR treatment for them.

So every single card in the set will belong to it's respective number in the original sets. I hate the alternate art thing Pokemon is doing now. Either release it with the original sets or not at all. Sun and Moon has made the company greedier. "Here, have alternate arts", "here by the full-arts of cards that were in that one set in this $40 box."

This is where the downfall begins, just make sure we remember this is where it began and where we were to see it.

Well, I think that's a little melodramatic. Releasing alternate arts of cards doesn't change the game. A RA Decidueye-GX has the same attacks as a FA Decidueye-GX, so it's not like they're forcing you to buy a box set to get a more playable card. This isn't a game-changer, just some cool but expensive full-arts. Settle down.

Back