News Massive 'Premium Trainer's XY Collection' Releasing in November!

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Am I the only one who prefers this Full Art N over the one we have now?

If you buy this set for the N alone, you're already going positive just on the relative value of Full Art N right now, unless you hate the art or have an issue with it being "not the right full art." 14 Full Arts including Full Art N for the same price as one current Full Art N. Obviously the N in this set isn't going to sell for 100 bucks, but it can't due to the price tag of the entire product.

I can't see how any FA collector or max rarity player can't see this as a good release.

If you don't care about collecting full arts or are only looking at standard format then this probably isn't for you.

Also it seems like most people are only focusing on the 14 cards and 2 packs.

a metal Pikachu coin, two sets of 65 card sleeves featuring Xerneas and Yveltal, one double deck box of the two Pokemon, two sets of dice

Go shopping for 130 card sleeves, a double deck box, two sets of dice, and a custom coin, and tell me how much that adds up to at check out, then add 14 full arts and 2 packs.

If you don't need anything out of this product, then just don't buy it. But don't call it a bad product because you already have what you care about or it doesn't provide what you're looking for specifically. There is more than $100 worth of stuff in here.

And if you just want some singles, i.e. the Full Art N, then wait for hobby stores to mass open these and sell their singles. We're all waiting to confirm if these are textured or not anyway.

It's a win/win.

bdaubry

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at that Blacksmith and Team Flare, I'm quite sure these are textured. I couldn't imagine them making these flat but shiny when the textured SR supporters are selling like mad right now.

I'm inclined to believe (hope at least) they're textured. I bought a few Japanese Shining Legends booster boxes, and pulled a full art Zoroark. I was surprised to see that the Japanese texture is much less pronounced than the International cards. Looking at the shots, you can see evidence of texture in most, though it might just be surrounding the trainers like the original textured cards back from XY.

skawt

boop
So excited to play "remove cards from the box without maiming them due to the plastic thingies holding them in place!"

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I want the cards but the last time they released a product with textured full arts the cards were really light and it looked like they had run out of ink. Probably wouldn't buy it if the cards are low quality. Which is common for english cards.

Edit : If the cards aren't textured then this was a waste of time printing and releasing it.

Katie

Aspiring Trainer
I want the cards but the last time they released a product with textured full arts the cards were really light and it looked like they had run out of ink. Probably wouldn't buy it if the cards are low quality. Which is common for english cards.

Edit : If the cards aren't textured then this was a waste of time printing and releasing it.

Check the post above you, they're all clearly textured, except for Jirachi

TheLaw95

Aspiring Trainer
More of them seem to be textured than initially thought, which is very nice. Looking forward to this set.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hmm this seems p cool
*sees the price*
nope.gif

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Still doesn't excuse the absurd price tag. I'd like to see more of what this box has to offer though.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
The $100 price tag just isn't worth it to me. There are some beautiful cards in this collection, but from a competitive standpoint it makes no sense to buy this if you already have all the non-full art versions of the cards that do the same thing. If this was like $60 I'd be all over it.

TotoBoss

Kappa
I just want to say that the code it self is probably worth $15 already. you get 14 fa's for $80, considering 1 is shaymin (which currently is still around $20) and N (currently around $100, this probably won't be but just to keep in mind).
On average you pay $7,14 per fa. I'm pretty sure that's cheaper as they would be when they are full art trainers that came from a regular set.

And then not to forget ALL the other stuff you get, 130 sleeves/deck boxes/dice/a super expensive code/2 packs/metalic coin.
You can't really say it's not worth it imo. sure $100 might look expensive, and it is, but if you see ALL of the VALUE you get. If you have the money this is definitely worth it.

Last edited:

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Honestly this is only like 20 more than like the charizard GX Premium Collection in UK - I think has real value, still curious as to why bother include 2 boosters such a lowly amount - do you think Secret rare packs?? Be random to have such a prestige box and then just see that murky useless green code flash out the pack.