• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Malamar & Necrozma GX (Ultra+DawnWings)

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Pokémon: (16)

3- Ultra Necrozma-GX
2- Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX
2- Tape Lele-GX
3- Malamar ( Forbidden Light )
3- Inkay ( Forbidden Light )
1- Mimikyu ( Guardians Rising )
1- Wobbuffet (Fates Collide)

Trainers: (30)

4- Mystery Treasure
2- Float Stone
4- Choice Band
3- Altar of the Moone
2- Beast Ring
2- Field Blower

2- N
3- Cynthia
3- Professor Sycamore
1- Skyla
2- Bridgette
1- Acerola
2- Guzma

Energy: (14)

1- Beast Energy Prism
1- Unit Energy LPM
3- Metal Energy
9- Psychic Energy

Total cards: 60

Strategy:

Ultra Necrozma is your main attacker. Discard 2 or 3 Psychic Energy with Photon Geyser and K.O. your opponent's Pokémon. Dawn Wings Necrozma is there to provide a free switch. It also has a useful GX attack. Tapu Lele can also be used as an attacker but is mainly to set up the bench in combination with Brigette. Malamar accelerates Energy from the discard pile. Wobbuffet is a counter agaisnt Glaceon GX, it frees both GX Pokémon with abilities since they're both Psychic types. Mimikyu is a 1 Prize vengeance attacker with additional set up use.

Trainers: Mystery Treasure can search all Pokémon in this list (Dragon and Psychic) it is also used to put Psychic Energy in the discard pile.

Possible techs:
  • Shining Mew (Low HP but it could get the deck going)
  • Necrozma GX (Improves match up against Silvally and has a great GX attack)
  • Ultra Recon Squad (Good draw support but I might not run enough Ultra Beasts)
http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/02/sm6-forbidden-light-cards-sm6a-6b-pack-artwork

http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/01/ultra-necrozma-gx-from-sm6-forbidden-light

Last edited:
Hi Robin Aisaga,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Dawn Wing Necrozma GX (one is sufficient in this deck)
- 1 Necrozma GX (not needed that much in this deck)

+ 1 Lunala Prism Star (additional acceleration and a great attacker with Malamar on the bench)
+ 1 Mimikyu (insane vengance attacker)

The modified Pokémon line also ensures that the deck has some non-GX attackers to trade more favorable and to handle Zygarde GX.

Trainer:

- 1 Mystery Treasure (because you want to get energy in the discard to be attached with Malamar)
- 3 Float Stone (Altar of the Moone seems better here)
- 1 Choice Band (three are sufficient)
- 1 Town Map (not needed here)

+ 4 Ultra Ball (search out Pokémon and discard Basic Psychic Energy to be attached to your attackers with Malamar)
+ 3 Altar of the Moone (free retreat for everyone with Psychic Energy attached)

- 3 Acerola (your main attackers are within ohko range anyway)
- 2 Lillie (we have better options)

+ 3 Professor sycamore (still one of the best draw supporters in the game)
+ 1 N (three are a sweet spot in this deck)

+ 1 Rescue stretcher (retrieve needed Pokémon from the discard)

Energy:

- 2 Double Colorless Energy (not needed with Malamar since Tapu Lele is one only attacker that can make use of it)
+ 2 Psychic Energy (more basic Psychic Energy to discard and retrieve early on)

Now we can move to the two open slots in this deck:

+ 1 Cresselia / Dawn Wing Necrozma non-GX / Mimikyu (your choice on the additional non-GX attacker)
+ 1 Beast Ring (additional acceleration from the deck is always nice)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Thanks Dark Espeon! I'm making most of the modifications you suggested. I'm adding Altar of the Moone and I consider cutting back on Float Stones and Dawn Wings Necrozma GX. Float Stones however are also to be attached to Malamar. I don't want to waste a Psychic Energy if Malamar gets pulled to the active. Another reason I put them in there.

Professor Sycamore is an obvious fit for this deck. Not sure why I didn't put it in there in the first place, some cards just slip your mind I guess. Mimikyu is also a great fit, I will definitely test it out.

I'm keeping 4x Mystery Treasure on this list though, I'm not a huge fan of Ultra Ball, I often have to discard a valuable card because I don't have 2+ basic energy in my hand. 1 discard sounds good to me.

Thanks Dark Espeon! I'm making most of the modifications you suggested. I'm adding Altar of the Moone and I consider cutting back on Float Stones and Dawn Wings Necrozma GX. Float Stones however are also to be attached to Malamar. I don't want to waste a Psychic Energy if Malamar gets pulled to the active. Another reason I put them in there.

Professor Sycamore is an obvious fit for this deck. Not sure why I didn't put it in there in the first place, some cards just slip your mind I guess. Mimikyu is also a great fit, I will definitely test it out.

I'm keeping 4x Mystery Treasure on this list though, I'm not a huge fan of Ultra Ball, I often have to discard a valuable card because I don't have 2+ basic energy in my hand. 1 discard sounds good to me.

No problem. There is no reason to attach to Malamar with Dawn Wing Necrozma GX on the bench. Use Invasion and retreat Dawn Wing Necrozma GX for free if it has a Psychic Energy attached to it. That is the main reason this card is in the deck.

That makes sense, I was taking ability blocks in consideration. Glaceon GX will be a troublesome match up.

Last edited:
I've improved and updated my list. I've added Wobbuffet to counter Glaceon GX. Wobbuffet (Generations) is perfect for this list since both GX Pokémon with abilities are Psychic type.

I've improved and updated my list. I've added Wobbuffet to counter Glaceon GX. Wobbuffet (Generations) is perfect for this list since both GX Pokémon with abilities are Psychic type.

Glaceon GX only locks abilities on Pokémon GX and Pokémon EX. It is not a real concern to this deck. Garbodor is a more serious issue but one that can be resolved with Field Blower. Boost Energy does not seem to fit this deck since it does not work on Basic Pokémon. I assume this is intended to be Beast Energy. Consider these modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX (one will suffice in this list)
- 2 Wobbuffet FC (not needed in this list)

+ 1 Lunala Prism Star (nice acceleration and non-GX attacker with Malamar to fuel them)

Trainer:

+ 2 Field Blower (needed tool and stadium discard)

Energy:
- 1 Boost Energy
+ 1 Beast Energy

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

This list plays Beast Energy. You must've been writing your post when I edited it :p Garbodor is also a problem and running Field Blower is a good idea but having the option to use Tapu Lele GX under ability lock during the first turns might be worth running Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet can also slow down Zoroark GX, Gardevoir GX, Octillery and works as a 1 Prize attacker.

Another Dawn Wings Necrozma is needed for consistency. Not just for its ability but also to have its GX attack available. Light of Destruction is too situational to be used as the only GX attack.

Lunala Prism is a nice suggestion but I'm not sure if it's worth removing Beast Energy.

Back