Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 15, 2018.

1. Rcxd9999 Aspiring Trainer
    Rcxd9999

They're keeping it to Kanto Pokemon only for this game. That includes Alolan formes since they're technically Kanto Pokemon, just different formes of them.

But yeah, they definitely confirmed you can't evolve your starter Pokemon (like in Pokemon Yellow). You'll be able to get other Pikachu and Eevee that you can evolve but one of the mechanics of this game is to have your partner Pokemon on your shoulder, not that you can't do that if you evolved them, but they want your partner to stay the same form the entire game since there are mechanics exclusive to them, such as finding hidden items.

As for Eevee's evolutions, you'll only be able to evolve into it's Gen 1 evolutions. While every remake has allowed you to evolve to Eevee's most recent evolutions, this isn't exactly a remake, and even Nintendo considers it more of a spin-off.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Sharkrai likes this.

2. TheRealBro.. Welcome to the jungle! ♪♫♪
    TheRealBro..

Yeah, Venusaur worked well in the original games, that is untill you reached the elite four. Wow, different experiences then. Only trouble I had with B2 was keeping myself interested enough to keep playing. What a bore.

I just realize. Will this game mean another Gen 1 like TCG set (like Evolutions) will be released somewhere in the near future? Probably not, but one can hope :D (this time with the original galaxy holo please!)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  3. KeoKeo Aspiring Trainer
    KeoKeo

The option to choose which M Charizard to evolve into doesn't actually sound that bad; I love Charizard Y's weather based power, but it's very situational (especially when Tyranitar is running around and sandstorming everything), so being able to choose whether I want M Charizard X or Y is nice- even if M Charizard specializes in Physical attacks rather than Specials. ( mixed M Charizard anyone?)

4. I think so, don't know about the OG galaxy hole though.

5. Wailord's Pokemon Wailord uses body slam and slays the tcg
    Wailord's Pokemon

Mega-GX's? YES PLZ!

The PokeMan 11 likes this.
  6. The PokeMan 11 Aspiring Trainer
    The PokeMan 11

Please! Mega GX pokemon!

7. Sharkrai Aspiring Trainer
    Sharkrai

I can see that, thanks. Wish I could have gotten my Glaceon, but Alolan Vulpix more than makes up for the lack of Glaceon for me.

As for spin-off, they did call it a main series game (and I'm not sure what the English ver said, but the Japanese ver of the press conference said it is based on Yellow, so I guess in a sense it isnt a remake, but it is at the same time? Haha they need to be clearer), so I dont think they consider it a spin-off. In my opinion, I see is somewhere in between. Not quite the same as a core series game, but also not quite a spin-off because it is much closer to what the core games are like than other spin-offs.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails